It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Why are most Dragon-types double-weak to Ice? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Have you ever noticed that the vast majority of Dragon-types are double-weak to Ice-type moves? With the exception of Kingdra, the Sinnoh trio, and the B/W mascots, Ice-type Pokémon can wipe the floor with most Dragon-types.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

Gallade Roxas wrote:
Have you ever noticed that the vast majority of Dragon-types are double-weak to Ice-type moves?

Nope, can't say that I have.

4x weakness to ice (6 final evolutions):
-Dragonite
-Altaria
-Flygon
-Salamence
-Rayquaza
-Garchomp

No 4x weakness to Ice (8 final evolutions):
-Kingdra
-Latias
-Latios
-Dialga
-Palkia
-Giratina
-Reshiram
-Zekrom

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well... I said that counting ALL of them, not just final evos.

Even still, there seem to be quite a few more than there should be.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Gallade Roxas wrote:

Not really, I mean as long as most of them aren't weakened x4 by Ice Type attacks, then I don't see why this would ever matter, ever I mean they are Dragon Types, they are already a alpha type among the 17 Types that exist...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:17 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'm not really sure that I understand the purpose of this thread...

Dual and quad weaknesses are important, yes, but not so noteworthy as to be deserving of an entire thread. Even more so with this one because it is about a single quad weakness...

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:42 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Gallade Roxas wrote:
Well... I said that counting ALL of them, not just final evos.

If you counted ALL of them, you'd be including things like gible and dratini, which wouldn't be very effective at proving your point. I think the reason so many legendary dragons don't have quad weaknesses is because "dragon" is one of the things most people think of when they think "legendary". Therefore, if there are a lot of legendary dragons, then they'd have to differentiate them with "interesting" dual types, Psychic, Steel, Ghost, ect. (I never use legendaries, so this kinda upsets me actually.)

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:24 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

well, i think the reason why it seems like a lot of them are double-weak or quad-weak is because a lot of dragons are actually dragon/flying, resulting in 4x weakness to ice. and Frost, if you take out zekrom and reshiram (which are new, and haven't been played by anyone on this forum, as far as i know) it's an even 50/50, which could seem like a majority, depending on how often you see some (and most of the ones not 4x weak to ice are legendaries, so you wouldn't encounter them too often, i think).

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:25 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Still, considering how many weaknesses the Dragon Type has, this isn't much of a problem what so ever, besides, the Ice Type need this badly cause otherwise they would be in the same league as the Grass Type, now that would be a tradegy, funny thing is that it is however close to the Grass Type *sign*...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:
Still, considering how many weaknesses the Dragon Type has, this isn't much of a problem what so ever, besides, the Ice Type need this badly cause otherwise they would be in the same league as the Grass Type, now that would be a tradegy, funny thing is that it is however close to the Grass Type *sign*...

yup, i agree. never said it was a problem. ice beam is pretty much my fall-back anytime i come across a dragon. :-D

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:54 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

rex09 wrote:
yup, i agree. never said it was a problem. ice beam is pretty much my fall-back anytime i come across a dragon. :-D

Sorry, was referring to the person who made this thread when I said that part, the rest was for you & probably anyone else who sees it...

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:
rex09 wrote:

Sorry, was referring to the person who made this thread when I said that part, the rest was for you & probably anyone else who sees it...

np.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

heh, its funny beacuse if you take ubers out of a battle, there aren't mant dragon pokes to choose from.... They need less ubers and more UU and OU..... but dragon is probably one of the types Nintendo has used too many times for legendaries.... (along with psychic, fire, water/ice, and electric)

FC:
5414 2352 1981 (Soul Silver)
4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:32 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Yes but you realy think about it it would seem that most dragons are 4X weak to ice just due to the rarity of the non 4X weak guys
Most of them are legendaries its just the sinnoh trio the latis and kingdra so yes the statement most dragon types are 4X weak against ice is true because most dragon types are dragonites garchomps altaria salamance and flygon

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:10 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Dragon pokemon annoy me. They're way too overpowered and there are too many legendary ones. Honestly they deserve to get obliterated by ice. That's what they get for having a resistance to water, fire, grass, and electricity. They have to be weak against something for crying out loud.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

you could just not use those dragons on ice types in the first place.

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:42 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, i think that the quadruple weakness served the well, since it resists a lot of common types. A Dragon/Flying type will resist Fire, Grass, Water, and gave them immunities to Ground. But yeah, i'm agree that Dragons have too much ubers.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:49 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

yeah, but Dragon/Flying also has a weakness to Stealth Rock, the most common move in the metagame. Dragons can generally fly, so they are commonly paired with Flying. It's the same how Rock types are commonly either 4x weak to water and grass (when paired with Ground) or fighting and ground (when paired with Steel). It's just a common dual type. Also, ice type is strong on four types, which is an advantage. I mean, psychic type is only strong on two types, which is why there are only two pokemon that it is 4x strong on. Fighting and Ground both have 5 strengths, so that's why there also 4x strong on so much. Fighting is 4x strong on 9 pokemon, and Ground is 4x strong on 11 pokemon.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]