It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Generation V Rival speculation 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Darkrai-follower wrote:
How about the rival having the same levelled pokemon you do, or should i say the top 6 levelled pokemon you have in your team and boxes, whether that be you have 6 level 100's. it would make the battles a lot more competetive and challenging.

I like that except the part about including the boxes in the equation...If I go with LV30 pokemon, I want to fight LV30 pokemon, not LV56 or LV45 pokemon cause I happen to have a pokemon of that level in my box somewhere, talk about a tradegy but no again, I like your idea otherwise...

Yeah, you have a good point there ^_^
And i also like the idea [someone] posted about the tag team. It would be interesting, probably teh two strongest trainers in-game taking on wave after wave of trainers and getting some major prize afterwards xD

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:59 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Ryanh181 wrote:
Gallade Roxas wrote:
I'd like to see a female rival one of these days.

There's already a female Professor in this game, you're asking for too much now.

Yeah, I guess he's right Gallade Roxas, I guess they will take baby steps, baby steps *sign*...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm hoping for a GOOD rival, at least. Not a repeat of the Hoenn """rival""" or the Sinnoh rival.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gallade Roxas wrote:
I'm hoping for a GOOD rival, at least. Not a repeat of the Hoenn """rival""" or the Sinnoh rival.

lol yeah wally was pretty interesting, and good for training too..... the sinnoh region was just weird as hell. i just want it to be an interesting character, and one who i can also train against.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:56 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

rex09 wrote:
lol yeah wally was pretty interesting, and good for training too..... the sinnoh region was just weird as hell. i just want it to be an interesting character, and one who i can also train against.

This & I would want the Rival to be a female Rival on top of that thus finally there is a female rival & also one that is exactly what a rival should be, interesting & some actual competition...

The Sinnoh Rival was competition but not interesting(imo), Hoenn Rival(May/Brendon) was interesting but not competition & Wally was interesting but also not enough competition though close, Silver was interesting & competition but also typical(imo) & lastly Gary(Green/Blue) was in a way the same as Wally except from a different perspective, I want the complete package this time around(as in an actual Rival, not a nuisance)...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

....i thought wally was the hoenn rival?? idk what the sinnoh region's rival's name is.... if i got the two mixed, my bad. but yeah, a female rival would be interesting, but (imo) only if she was a bit tomboyish or mean. you know what i mean?? if she was a girly girl, then imo it would just be kinda weird, even if she's major competition. i just don't want any more of those stupid "THUD!!!!!!" moments. it was only annoying, not very funny.... but if they do it, i hope the character actually falls over this time. then i'll lmao. maybe.
EDIT: his name is barry. that sounds.... reallyreally stupid.

Last edited by rex09 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:37 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

rex09 wrote:
....i thought wally was the hoenn rival?? idk what the sinnoh region's rival's name is.... if i got the two mixed, my bad.

My bad, I forgot that the Sinnoh rival had a different name in the anime which I cannot seem to figure out, edited &...DONE!...

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ryanh181 wrote:
Gallade Roxas wrote:

There's already a female Professor in this game, you're asking for too much now.

to go off topic what tree will she named after??

on topic: There hasn't been a truly kickass Rival since GEN1 and its remake in GEN3

i need a rival who it takes me 5 trys to beat because he is tough......

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

KingErick wrote:
Ryanh181 wrote:
Gallade Roxas wrote:

on topic: There hasn't been a truly kickass Rival since GEN1 and its remake in GEN3

i need a rival who it takes me 5 trys to beat because he is tough......

blue wasn't that hard in FRLG, though he was a lot tougher than the others, imo. by a far shot. five tries.... so that'll take me about ten, give or take a couple of tries.... lol i just want a good sparring/training person. tho i think bringing secret bases back would be a better solution to that problem (and they can't be underground!!!!).

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:12 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

KingErick wrote:

The Orchid Tree. It's already been confirmed.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:40 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I just hope that her name when the english version comes out is not actually "Orchid", how sad is that for a finalized name...

Getting back on topic, I agree completely with rex09, I actually though of Gym Leader Blue as more competition in HGSS then the actual rival...

Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:09 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I actually think Orchid is a good name. For some reason it just fits the female professor as well. In Japanese it is Araragi, which In English is Orchid. So it is going to be orchid for sure.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:20 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryanh181 wrote:
I actually think Orchid is a good name. For some reason it just fits the female professor as well. In Japanese it is Araragi, which In English is Orchid. So it is going to be orchid for sure.

Shame, well tbh I don't like any of the other Prof.'s names...

Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:
I actually though of Gym Leader Blue as more competition in HGSS then the actual rival...

this
Orchid sounds fine, but not quite right. i think somewhere it also said something about "yew" being a possibility as well, but that sounds just plain wrong. idk, whatever her name, it'll probably just be the same old song and dance as far as what she does.... ftr, that goes for the rival too.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:35 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Gallade Roxas wrote:

Isn't May from the Hoenn Region your rival? That should answer that.

^Link to mah shop. Click it.^

Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Legendary Tamer wrote:
Gallade Roxas wrote:

you never fight her, so she doesn't count. you fight alongside her, but never against. if she counts, then dawn does, too.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:44 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Legendary Tamer wrote:

Actually no because in the city where Watts Gym is, there is a boy named Wally that takes this position, May is just a assistant/relative(can't remember which one) of Prof. Birth, May doesn't even get to the point where her starter fully evolves before you beat her for the last time unless this occurs in Emerald which I say is unlikely...

In other words, May is like Dawn as she is an optional ally of sorts, not your rival though with May you actually face her with her own theme which would tell you she is your rival but no, not the case & even if it was, May is "Optional" meaning there still hasn't technically been a actually original female rival...

Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I still count Brendan/May as a rival because they basicaly serve the in-game purpose, combined with Wally.

But it was still stupid to me, so I don't count May as the first female rival. I want an ORIGINAL female rival.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Gallade Roxas wrote:
I still count Brendan/May as a rival because they basicaly serve the in-game purpose, combined with Wally.

But it was still stupid to me, so I don't count May as the first female rival. I want an ORIGINAL female rival.

Thank You, yes I agree with you on all accounts...

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:38 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

*NOTE: This is a SUMMARY of what i have read. And my own opinons. All ideas belong to who ever thought them.

I agree that battling with the rival should be a little more challenging and someone you could freely battle. As with the idea of two rivals i like that too. The good one that is basicly the one you could battle freely. The bad one being the team leader or something. I agree that you'r Rival should be able to evolve, or change teams based on you'r team. If it were like that I'd probaly play it a little more often. I like the Idea of a Female rival, however if you play as a girl your rivals a girl, vice versa. (Kinda makes sense right?) Because to me i feel like a jerk if i beat a girl. Just my morals. I think it would be awesome if you could team up. Like to fight the main plot villan. (I know it sounds a little like D/P i realized it as soon as i typed it.) Never the less I would find it cool. Thats about it. My sugar rush is closing.

Just Got Soul Silver!
3-14-10

PM me if you want to battle or trade.
FC:1676 9742 6708 (Platnum)
FC:4426 3660 4204 (SoulSilver)
Pokemon: {torterra} {feraligatr} {charizard} {electivire} {kingdra} {dusknoir}

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'd like to see a rival more along the lines of Blue or Silver, you know, the rivals that you love to hate.

We'll probably see the player character of the opposite gender as a "pseudo-rival" like May/Branden or Dawn/Whatevertheheckhisnamewas.

I just hope our actual rival isn't like Wally or the kid with ADD in Diamond/Pearl. I prefer a more menacing rival, like Silver, even Blue was more menacing and that was just because he was a prick.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think it would be cool if a gym leader became your rival from a past reigon or from Isshu. Like before you go in the first gym Falkner comes running toward you and stops (yes no THUD!! moments) and says oh Hi I'm Falkner I used to be the Violet City gym leader but now this kid named Gold took it over. Anyways I came to Isshu to acheive my goal of becoming a pokemon master using my Awesome Flying pokemon!! would you like to battle me? And then when you win he'd say Wow the trainers in Isshu sure are tough I better train some more. And every once in a while he'd come back.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2