It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Sprites I've made 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well I just started yesterday so they are iffy...

Shadow Pokemon:

Fusions:

Image Image Image Image Image

Recolorings:

Image Image Image Image Image

Made from Scratch:
Pre-Evolution of Giratina
^first thing I ever made. Mainly why it isn't that good, also that it's from scratch.

I'm on Paint so I couldn't do anything about the white; mehh.

Feedback or anything to help someone just starting spriting is much appreciated.

-Aphex

Last edited by Aphex on Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think these are pretty good, especially the shadow and recolors. the fusion of gyarados and rayquaza is pretty cool, too. the from scratch and the other fusions are a lil iffy, but its still ok, considering your just starting and all. do you know how to do fake transparencies to take care of the white background on MS Paint?

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:18 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ok, the backgrounds are fixed, and thanks for the input.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:56 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

For just starting, those are pretty good. The shadows are the best in my opinion, with the fusions, they're still good, but some more precision in placement will make them better. Your recolors are good, some of the colors don't look fully flush, but that will come with practice, and they still look good, so i guess that is what matters. From scratch, that Pre-Evolve of Giratina is quite amazing, the skill it takes to make things look like anything on paint from scratch, that one is good. I would like to see more as you progress, you defiantly have the skill to be a great spriter.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:22 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ryder wrote:
I think these are pretty good, especially the shadow and recolors. the fusion of gyarados and rayquaza is pretty cool, too. the from scratch and the other fusions are a lil iffy, but its still ok, considering your just starting and all. do you know how to do fake transparencies to take care of the white background on MS Paint?

I also think so.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:15 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

WHAT DO I KEEP TELLING YOU PEOPLE ABOUT NECROMANCY?

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:37 am
The Geek
The Geek

.. What necromancy? Based on the previous last post date, this topic would've been about the 20th on the front page. That's hardly necromancing anything. The reply hardly contributes anything to the topic, but it certainly doesn't warrant a tactical nuclear flipout.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I guess I overreacted. Come on Jiggs, it was over two months since anyone posted in this thread. That, and the site has no strict guidelines when it comes to Necromany. I don't see a time limit for posting in the rules. It might be easier for every staff member if there was a forum rule similar to this one: 'If the time elapsed between two posts in a thread is more than two months, it is considered Necromancy'. Two months might be a little short though.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:43 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]