It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Why won't they make a pure flying? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm just wondering why they won't make a pure flying type. I accidentally posted this in the Kanto region but here is better.
So anyone got any ideas why they don't develop a pure flying?
Any opinions and thoughts or comments appreciated.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You have to think about it. What COULD a pure Flying-type be? Obviously, any bird you can come up with is either Normal or something else.

Something like Swablu is the only thing that comes to my mind.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Fails at life
Fails at life

Uhh...absolutely no idea! Good question though...You're right, I went through my mental info on every flying type and no pure flyers...uhh, by a very rare chance/miracle...maybe 5th gen. has one to offer...not likely though
the only way to get a pure flying type is by conversion or multitype and such...

{charizard} {butterfree} {pidgey} {pidgeotto} {pidgeot}
{spearow} {fearow} {zubat} {golbat} {farfetch'd}
{doduo} {dodrio} {scyther} {gyarados} {aerodactyl}
{articuno} {zapdos} {moltres} {dragonite} {hoothoot}
{noctowl} {ledyba} {ledian} {crobat} {togetic}
{natu} {xatu} {hoppip} {skiploom} {jumpluff}
{yanma} {murkrow} {gligar} {delibird} {mantine}
{skarmory} {lugia} {ho-oh} {beautifly} {taillow}
{swellow} {wingull} {pelipper} {masquerain} {ninjask}
{swablu} {altaria} {tropius} {salamence} {rayquaza}
{starly} {staravia} {staraptor} {mothim} {combee}
{vespiquen} {drifloon} {drifblim} {honchkrow} {chatot}
{mantyke} {togekiss} {yanmega} {gliscor} {shaymin} (sky forme)

Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It could be a cloud or something...

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ryanh181 wrote:
It could be a cloud or something...

Swablu... Altaria...

Like I said, Swablu is probably the only thing that could come off as a pure Flying-type.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:46 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, but I mean JUST A CLOUD. Swablu has cloud wings, but is still a bird.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:50 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Um, and how can you make an ORIGINAL Cloud Pokémon?

Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:42 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Who say's it has to be original? Not all of the pokemon are original anyway, Why the hell not make another unoriginal pokemon? It's bound to happen anyway.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:03 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

There is a very simple reason.

Roost is a flying-type move that, when used, heals the user but also removes the flying-type from the pokemon for one turn.

For example, when a Wingull uses Roost, for one turn it becomes a pure water-type.

But if we had a pure-flying type pokemon, then you have a pokemon that has, for one turn, NO typing WHATSOEVER.

This is what I've heard as an explanation for this question.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:44 am
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

People need to stop throwing out Roost as an excuse for there not being any pure Flying Pokemon. For one thing, if a pure Flying uses Roost, it is simply typeless for the rest of the turn, meaning that it doesn't have any weaknesses, resistances or immunities. Gamefreak have already laid the ground work to make sure that the games don't implode in on themselves if a pure Flying-type uses Roost, so that move is not the reason why we don't have one. Also, that argument doesn't even hold up when you consider that they didn't introduce Roost until Generation IV. What was their excuse for not having a pure Flying Pokemon in Generations I, II OR III?

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:59 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I really hope that when they do make a pure flying type (which will hopefully be this generation since I'm sick of people discussing the reasons why there isn't one yet), it learns Roost by level-up, just so that people will stop wondering if the game will blow up.

Also, this feels more like a topic for Isshu than PC, since it discusses the future, so I'm moving it.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:57 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I just don't think you can use roost as an excuse for everything they have to come up with something with more details for me but thank you everyone all this helped I've just been being plagued by this question for the longest time because there's pure evcerything else except flying I just don't think it's right it's like how they don't count pluto as a planet I grew up it being a planet it will always be one to me

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I dont know why they dont make a pure flying type, maybe they dont want to. How about putting a sky plate on Arceus and giving it a good moveset. Arceus is pretty useful that way
Edit: also you all might consider that maybe they might make a pure flying type Eevee evolution sometime, if not this Gen, maybe the next

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:48 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I don't think they should make an eeveelution that's pure flying in fact they should've stopped making the eeveelutions after umbreon and espeon and as for the Arceus thing I don't mean something that can be made flying due to a plate or conversion or anything like that I mean a pure bird looking possibly or something similar flying type. If you've beeen keeping track flying is the most diverse type.
Flying/Grass-Tropius
Flying/Fire-Moltres
Flying/Water-Wingull
Flying/Electric-Zapdos
Flying/Ice-Articuno
Flying/Dragon-Dragonite
Flying/Normal-Pidgey
Flying/Poison-Zubat
Flying/Psychic-Natu
Flying/Bug-Butterfree
Flying/Steel-Skarmory
Flying/Dark-Murkrow
Flying/Rock-Aerodactyl
Flying/Ground-Gligar
Besides Ghost and Fighting Flying has covered every type but there's no Flying pure.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:06 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Gible23 wrote:
I just don't think you can use roost as an excuse for everything they have to come up with something with more details for me but thank you everyone all this helped I've just been being plagued by this question for the longest time because there's pure evcerything else except flying I just don't think it's right it's like how they don't count pluto as a planet I grew up it being a planet it will always be one to me

No roost shouldn't be an excuse, if a pure flying type used it they could just become the first ever ??? type to match curse.

Uhh didn't they reinstate Pluto as a planet?

{starly}

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:08 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I also don't see how Roost could possibly be an legitiment reason for anypart of the reason they won't make a pure Flying Type & also wish it would stop being said to be the reason(probably as well for that matter)...

On the other hand, I believe the reason is that they want the Flying Type to be more of a secondary type like it's only there to indicate an adaptation of sorts...not actually being too much of a type like Fire or Fighting that is more so as such because of the species in general rather then just a minor body part of theirs(wings, etc.)...

In other words, they give bird pokemon the Flying Type for it's Wings or whatever & give them their Normal Type for well, pretty much everything else, only real explaination I see for this at this point...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Gible23 wrote:

Besides Ghost and Fighting Flying has covered every type but there's no Flying pure.

{drifblim}

Flying-type may never be stand-alone due to the fact that a pure flying would have to actually be something that's up in the sky. Whatever that is, I could connect it to other types. Even abstract ideas like clouds can get to be water.

Of course I could be wrong.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:55 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Quickly, someone grab a Smeargle with Conversion and Roost! Then have a Porygon copy it after it roosts. Then we'll have a permanent typeless Pokemon! 8D

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

AceTrainer wrote:
Gible23 wrote:

{drifblim}

Flying-type may never be stand-alone due to the fact that a pure flying would have to actually be something that's up in the sky. Whatever that is, I could connect it to other types. Even abstract ideas like clouds can get to be water.

Of course I could be wrong.

just a pair of wings attached together!!! no head or body.... just wings. no brain, either, but that's beside the point lol. "wingsley, use wing attack!!" and that's all it'll do....
or it could be a legendary that rules over all the other flying types (a god of sorts, if you will). then it would relate to all the other flyers.... and thereby, none of them. am i making sense??

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:43 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yes, you did make sense, at least to me. It's still quite hard though.

Ideas:

Quetzalcoatl inspired
Garuda inspired (this is actually my idea for the early bird: Garudave, Garudair, Garudace)

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Gible23 wrote:
I don't think they should make an eeveelution that's pure flying in fact they should've stopped making the eeveelutions after umbreon and espeon and as for the Arceus thing I don't mean something that can be made flying due to a plate or conversion or anything like that I mean a pure bird looking possibly or something similar flying type. If you've beeen keeping track flying is the most diverse type.
Flying/Grass-Tropius
Flying/Fire-Moltres
Flying/Water-Wingull
Flying/Electric-Zapdos
Flying/Ice-Articuno
Flying/Dragon-Dragonite
Flying/Normal-Pidgey
Flying/Poison-Zubat
Flying/Psychic-Natu
Flying/Bug-Butterfree
Flying/Steel-Skarmory
Flying/Dark-Murkrow
Flying/Rock-Aerodactyl
Flying/Ground-Gligar

I dont know, maybe Fying type isnt a type meant to be stand alone. Maybe Game Freak just dosnt want to make a pure Flying Type
I mean there are very few pure Grass type pokemon as well, so maybe GF thinks its better to mix it with another, who knows I dont know anythin gabout what Game Freak does and what goes into Pokemon Creation, they do what they think is good.

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:35 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I restate what I said earlier, I think that they wanted the Flying Type to be Secondary Type exclusive like it's not even a complete type maybe...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:53 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I really hate normal flying types because they have no resistance over fighting pokemon, which makes them a bit unwanted.

BEAST MODE

#E3CF57 reference ;]

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:42 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Platypus wrote:
I really hate normal flying types because they have no resistance over fighting pokemon, which makes them a bit unwanted.

I'm also guessing that this is another one of those things GameFreak intended to do...I guess they wanted them to be treated a little more like Normal Types then Flying Types so they added the Normal Type as their main type & this thus killed their resistance against Fighting Types which I personally don't think they really need anymore anyway seeing as they have access to a lot of powerful attacks easily(mainly Staraptor)...

Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:12 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Gible23 wrote:
Flying/Grass-Tropius
Flying/Fire-Moltres
Flying/Water-Wingull
Flying/Electric-Zapdos
Flying/Ice-Articuno
Flying/Dragon-Dragonite
Flying/Normal-Pidgey
Flying/Poison-Zubat
Flying/Psychic-Natu
Flying/Bug-Butterfree
Flying/Steel-Skarmory
Flying/Dark-Murkrow
Flying/Rock-Aerodactyl
Flying/Ground-Gligar

driflim

and i dont see there being a pure flying type and to be honest it doesnt bug. The secondary types add flavor.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 157 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next