It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:46 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 WHY GEV V WILL SUCK AND ITS POKEMON ARE UNORIGINAL 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

yeah, it's like they keep drawing out the suspense for no reason. hmm, i think until they release some more pokemon though, this thread/sticy will go waay off-topic.... whoops, contributing to that.
i wonder how gamefreak selects the people who design the sprites?? kind of important to the way the pokes look....

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:44 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:
Yeah, sorry dudes.
I'm a verrrry sarcastic person, and I keep forgetting the interwebs with the text and all don't really allow for the necessary inflections.

I'm hoping they release some more with the upcoming "new info" bit.
At LEAST the three starter families, or the other typings on the legendary dragons.
Either of these, and I'm set for a while.

They will probably reveal the cute ones next.

{plusle} {minun} {pachirisu} {jigglypuff} {clefairy} {skitty} say hi.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:58 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i wonder if they have pokemon smilies for the new pokes yet....
{zekrom}
{reshiram}
{mijumaru}
{pokabu}
{tsutaaja}
let's see...
btw, even if they don't yet, i'll leave the post so i can see when they do.
anyways, back on topic.
the cute ones have almost always been useless, imo. of that group below, plusle and minun are the best. but i personally hope for the final forms of the starters next. or the resident monster pokemon (the high levelers/dragons: {garchomp} {tyranitar} {dragonite} and {salamence}; the horned pokemon {rhydon} {aggron} and {nidoking}/{nidoqueen}; and the monster-lake pokes, {gyarados} and {milotic} sorta-kinda)

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:12 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
you I hated the water starte mijajeiufdjc, whetever his name is, but that comic almost made me cry, if that isnt a plot point in the anime, I will have to punch someone.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:07 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

After reading that comic, suddenly Mijumaru looks useful to me. I'll probably end up with Pokabu anyway, though. Pigs > otters.

Also: BULBASAUR IS A DINOSAUR. SEE THE NAME? THERE ARE SIMILARITIES IN THE NAME.

Hopefully they don't release any more trailers or spoilers or whatever they're called; new Pokemon I mean, until the games come out. I would rather see all the Pokemon together rather than separately.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Spoinkable wrote:
AceTrainer wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:
So far all I can tell is they have the same arms, same shade of blue on the lower half, and same general shape.
Dude, who cares?
I think all three new starters have been wonderfully done, and I'm sure my love for them will only grow as their evolutions are released.
Comparing these two is like saying Turtwig is terribly unoriginal, because not only is it a SECOND Grass-type on all fours, it's another turtle (of which there were two previously created).
And seriously, Pupitar and Metapod are far too similar. Totally unoriginal.

Isn't {turtwig} the THIRD grass-type on all fours? And I think {pupitar} is more similar to {kakuna} ?

I WAS BEING AN ASSHOLE

BAD WORD!!

and the pokemon arent unorginal although i have yet to see something i really like.

The grass starter is pretty chill.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:29 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lightshayde wrote:
After reading that comic, suddenly Mijumaru looks useful to me. I'll probably end up with Pokabu anyway, though. Pigs < otters.

I disagree with you completely on you assumtion that pigs are better than otters. If you've seen them both in reality, Otters are way cooler than pigs. Otters have sharp teeth, pigs are fat. Otters can swim, pigs roll around in mud. Otters have fur, pigs are hideous. Otter babies are cute, pig babies screech. I'm moderately fine with Boars (mostly because of Mononoke) but not pigs.

Frost wrote:
"Definition of opinion"

Ok theres a difference between opinon and stupidity. Some opnions aren't opinions they're just ignorance.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:55 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Savage Hunter wrote:
Lightshayde wrote:
After reading that comic, suddenly Mijumaru looks useful to me. I'll probably end up with Pokabu anyway, though. Pigs < otters.

I disagree with you completely on you assumtion that pigs are better than otters. If you've seen them both in reality, Otters are way cooler than pigs. Otters have sharp teeth, pigs are fat. Otters can swim, pigs roll around in mud. Otters have fur, pigs are hideous. Otter babies are cute, pig babies screech. I'm moderately fine with Boars (mostly because of Mononoke) but not pigs.

hey, man, don't diss the pigs. they'll eat anything lol. and haven't you seen wilbur?? or read Charlotte's Web?? tho i must admit, i do like otters a lot as well... lol don't take this offensively, btw, i'm just poking fun at you.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:48 pm
The Geek
The Geek

Savage Hunter wrote:
If you've seen them both in reality, Otters are way cooler than pigs. Otters have sharp teeth, pigs are fat. Otters can swim, pigs roll around in mud. Otters have fur, pigs are hideous. Otter babies are cute, pig babies screech.

Alternatively, since you want to discuss them in relation to usefulness in Pokemon, let's look at it this way:

Otters are cute and soft, relatively gentle and laid back animals. Territorial and willing to protect their young, but reasonably docile.

Pigs on the other hand will relentlessly devour anything - food, otters, human beings - they can get their hands on, skeleton and all. They are still savage and wild creatures, not to be trifled with, and many careless people have met a rather horrific demise because of it.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Jigglypuff wrote:
Savage Hunter wrote:
If you've seen them both in reality, Otters are way cooler than pigs. Otters have sharp teeth, pigs are fat. Otters can swim, pigs roll around in mud. Otters have fur, pigs are hideous. Otter babies are cute, pig babies screech.

Alternatively, since you want to discuss them in relation to usefulness in Pokemon, let's look at it this way:

Otters are cute and soft, relatively gentle and laid back animals. Territorial and willing to protect their young, but reasonably docile.

Pigs on the other hand will relentlessly devour anything - food, otters, human beings - they can get their hands on, skeleton and all. They are still savage and wild creatures, not to be trifled with, and many careless people have met a rather horrific demise because of it.

nom, sez teh piggies. lol

but really, boars, as you said, S_H, with their tusks and everything, are actually pretty cool/interesting. and they're pretty much just wild pigs.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Maybe Pokabu will evolve into one of those.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Savage Hunter wrote:
Otters have fur, pigs are hideous.

Ha. Love this one.

And I'm obviously biased towards pigs, so I don't think I'll weigh in on this debate.
Though what Jiggles brought up seems pretty legit.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

so, what, we're back to snakes vs. pigs again?? funny how this thread came back to how mijumaru sucks.... and in some ways, it's even more ironic because jiggz brought up how otters are worse than pigs..... lol the irony of this......

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

the snake is the coolest

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:07 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
KingErick wrote:
the snake is the coolest

& that appears to be the way it will stay for me at least...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:31 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Really? I think the Pig is out of the starters looks the coolest. And Gear looks quite promising looks-wise out of the others that have been revealed.

Last edited by WirelessBrain on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:
KingErick wrote:
the snake is the coolest

& that appears to be the way it will stay for me at least...

idk, i still think the snake is the least cool.... just my opinion, tho. the pig is the coolest (for now.....)

Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Savage Hunter wrote:
That was actually pretty cool. I was going to pick Mijumaru from the start, but this "comic" made it better! He's super cute. The frown makes me feel like I have a connection, because I frown a lot too. I just hope he looks alright when he evolves, I hope he doesnt evolve into some like, fat angry beaver or something...

Lol me too, they already have a fat water-type beaver...
{bibarel}
He's not angry though

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:19 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Blastiose_ex wrote:
Lol me too, they already have a fat water-type beaver...
{bibarel}
He's not angry though

huh, looked at the psydex, and normal/water.... i always thought of him as only a normal-type.... but either way, i think mijumaru's evolution will be a bad-ass otter. and pokabu will be a boar, or at least have tusks. and tsutaaja will be a basilisk/giant cobra or something.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:29 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

rex09 wrote:

I died when I read this XD

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
rex09 wrote:

I died when I read this XD

it's actually kinda true though, considering they will eat anything.... lol makes me think of Homer feeding pigs bacon XD poor guys....lol

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I post this in this forum because this has the potential to suck...

Has anyone wondered how there are going to be 8 Gyms?
Look at the map... There doesn't seem to be very many cities.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:06 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Spoinkable wrote:
I post this in this forum because this has the potential to suck...

Has anyone wondered how there are going to be 8 Gyms?
Look at the map... There doesn't seem to be very many cities.

maybe some of them will be in the middle of nowhere O_o like, wander out into the desert to find the ground gym. imo, that would be kinda interesting....

Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:27 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah it would, like a water-type gym in the middle of an ocean...

Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:34 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i just looked at the map again, and i'm not really seeing what you're talking about, spoinkable.... it looks like there's plenty of towns. tho i have no idea what that chapel-looking thing to the southeast will be. probably a contest/pokeathlon area.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:51 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next