It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Shiny Chaining vs Breeding 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Personally, I don't think breedin or "pokeradar chainin" will get u a shiny quick. I jus let nature or luck takes its course!!

[url=http://img220.imageshack.us/i/6b954f74362dc92b735f849.png/][img]http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1052/6b954f74362dc92b735f849.png[/img][/url]

Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

PokeMasterBaller wrote:
Personally, I don't think breedin or "pokeradar chainin" will get u a shiny quick. I jus let nature or luck takes its course!!

lol, time is relative, my friend. it will get you a shiny quicker than if you just waited to run into one in the wild on accident. :D

Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:19 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
lol...yeah & some people ain't got time to let nature run it's course cause sadly they care what color their pokemon are...sadly I'm one of them...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, I started Chaining again, And I still suck. Oh well. But Seriously, Over 1000 hours on multiple games (added up.), and no Shinies yet?

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:58 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Welcome to my life during the 3rd Gen...& I still haven't found a random encountered Shiny on my Pearl Version game cartridge yet which is just pathetic really...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:53 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I myself am a shiny breeder. A very sucessful shiny breeder and I don't use (or rather own) AR. Just this night I bred for 11 and 8 were shiny, 2 were not, amd 1 still unhatched. (BTW Ryder - your Budew and Charmander are ready and your Larvitar is the one waiting to hatch). I prefer breeding to chaining. For one, I can't see the shiny patches that good; and two, I get to pick the pokemon and give it certain egg moves or a certain nature or both.

Lawence Codye wrote:

As for which I would perfer, it depends on the method as if I haven't seen a random shiny yet then I perfer Chaining but if I have then I perfer Breeding RNG Style as Breeding is the longest method to get a pokemon I have ever seen...so, I choose "Chaining" since you get to pick what type of Pokeball you want the shiny to be in...like a Nest Ball for a shiny {misdreavus} or shiny {chansey} , etc...

This I believe is the only part of breeding I don't like. I myself like the Net ball the most and would like to hatch my pokemon in a Heal Ball or a Luxury Ball.

If you don't believe me that breeding is easier, I will take on any challengers. Jk.

*edit - The Larvitar just hatched and it was shiny. So tonight I was 9/11.*

Pacific Time Zone (UTC-8) and I work graveyard. So the best time to contact me is 8am-12noon(I might be working outside) or 8pm-9:30pm Mon-Sat.
Pearl - Loki 3180 2509 3375

-I am a Shiny Breeder and can breed one if you PM me.
My Shiny Trading thread:http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26723

Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:58 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@MallratDogma: Do you use the Masuda Method or the Random Number Generator technique or a different option? Or are you not allowed to divulge the secrets of your trade?

I also suck really, really badly at chaining. The most I've ever gotten is a chain of 4. 4. That's it.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:04 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I use the RNG method.

Pacific Time Zone (UTC-8) and I work graveyard. So the best time to contact me is 8am-12noon(I might be working outside) or 8pm-9:30pm Mon-Sat.

My Shiny Trading thread:http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26723

Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol, thanks dogma. i got my heart gold and it was love at first sight, so i can barely tear myself away from it just to get on psypoke, and i forgot to check my messages. ill be ready tomorrow. (yeah, i know, its pathetic, but i REALLY missed the G/S/C games. XD)

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:45 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

PokeMasterBaller wrote:

My 120+ shinies beg to differ, sir.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ryanh181 wrote:
Well, I started Chaining again, And I still suck. Oh well. But Seriously, Over 1000 hours on multiple games (added up.), and no Shinies yet?

its luck. i got a shiny golbat when grinding in victory road.

i usually dont have more than two balls with me xD

i luckly did then and got it

but now i always carry some in the game too

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:10 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Kurushel wrote:
PokeMasterBaller wrote:

I'm right up there with you. I think I have actually bred every breedable shiny in the game. Sadly though, I usually give them away. But I have keep some.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:25 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Kurushel wrote:
PokeMasterBaller wrote:

I'm right up there with you. I think I have actually bred every breedable shiny in the game. I can breed about 6 shinies per hour. I think the most I did in an hour was 8. Sadly though, I usually give them away. But I have kept some.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol. another method of getting shinies - soft resetting. took me a whole week, but i got a shiny rayquaza in emerald that i just pal parked to HG :D

Mon May 03, 2010 8:48 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryder wrote:
lol. another method of getting shinies - soft resetting. took me a whole week, but i got a shiny rayquaza in emerald that i just pal parked to HG :D

I will only soft reset for non-runner one time only pokemon...otherwise I'm all RNG or Chaining for my shinies, sadly though I restarted my Platinum file over finally so no RNG Abusing for me & no Chaining either, meh...

Mon May 03, 2010 11:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

jeez, you guys all have a lot of patience. kudos, i could never sit there and breed for hours just to try to get one shiny. i think i would pick chaining, if i was any good at it. i think my longest chain is about 12... not sure there. and over 200 hours in Sapphire, over 100 in Emerald, over 200 in Diamond, over 200 in Firered, about 60 in crystal, and 60 in soulsilver... and only the two shiny gyarados' to speak for it. pretty sad. my brother got a shiny nidoran female ten hours into leafgreen. gah, makes me sad :-( . but, i guess it'll be just that much more worth it when i find one that isn't plot related and completely natural (if it ever happens...)

Wed May 05, 2010 8:06 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I know in Gold I caught a few. Lost them all when the battey died in it. Same in Silver I got 7. A few more in Emrald and only a couple in Leafgreen. In Diamond I got really lucky and got 15. Now with trading and all I got 30 in SS and have not caught any yet, or in HG. I played from the begaining with Green in Japan. It all has to do with your IDs visilbe and hidden . If you catch one you'll be more likely to catch another. Evertime it was early in the game. I did find one before I had pokeballs in some games and lost too. Some times it pays to restart the game for a better Id

Wed May 19, 2010 11:49 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

well, rite now i'm just chaining for shiny {shinx} and {ralts} (male) for my soulsilver. my highest chain right now is 30. i can't get ralts above 6, though for some reason. he's a pain in the @$$. but i'm getting better at it, so i think soon i'll wind up with a shiny.

Sun May 23, 2010 1:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Anyone mind filling me in on how the RNG method works? I can't find anything about it on bulbapedia, and I haven't heard of it before.

As for my own experience with shinies, my only legit Gen IV shiny is a Parasect I bred myself. It was a total accident that it was shiny XD I was breeding said paras in order to get a pokemon to train so I could catch the numerous legendaries in Pearl Version. I didn't even notice it was shiny until after I stopped training it with my EXP share. It was basically one whacked out freak chance of fate.

I've never tried Masuda method or chaining (though I have gotten 13 chains before just messing with the radar) as I've never really had a big enough desire to do so. However once I complete my Pearl version's pokedex I think I might just start collecting some shinies.

EDIT!: I decided to try chaining last night, and after a fair bit of frustration trying to work it out I finally successfully chained myself a shiny Starly!!!! :D:D:D I'm going to see if I can catch a couple more now for trades!
EDIT2: and now I've chained myself a shiny Smoochum :) Looks like chaining works well enough for me :P

Sun May 23, 2010 9:57 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I hate to keep mentioning RNG Abuse when this is about Chaining vs Breeding but since you asked Jimura0 & seeing as it would still be off topic for me to do something like that, I decided to just PM you the link you need to get started...

Ohh, & glad to hear that Chaining is working out at least a little bit for you as it works just great for me, especially in Daimond as I have chained 3 Shiny Starly & a total of 60 Starly with the 3rd shiny 1 being the last 1 in the chain (this was due of course to the shiny patch breaking the chain which apparently is a rare occurance, even though it was a patch on the edge of the chaining grounds [grassy area] )...This was my 1st pokemon I ever chained & the 1st or 2nd chain I ever did...

Wed May 26, 2010 10:14 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Chaining is really really hard for me. I keep screwing up. a couple days ago I got up to 19 {shinx} and then my chain broke, it was the highest chain I ever got. I was really upset. I keep trying, but Im not getting any better. Breeding at least is easier, with Masuda Method, although Ive had no sucess yet with that either

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Wed May 26, 2010 5:00 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Well, let's see can I help you with that a little...

What I do when I chain is well, I only go to a shaking patch if the path to that patch is 4 steps in 1 direction & then 2 steps in another direction which if walked of course goes right into the patch which is usually further away...

I don't go into a shaking patch that is in the same row or column as another shaking patch going in any direction...

To avoid going into a shaking patch without noticing it when recharging the PokeRadar, I walk 3 steps in a direction & 3 steps back to where I started & repeat til this is done 8 times or until the PokeRadar is charged again (of course remember where the shaking patches is so you don't run into them by accident)...

Lastly, with my stradegy you will need at least 300 to 400 Max Repels in your arsenal everytime you start a chain or you most likely will run out & also you need top notch patience & to have your PokeBall type of choice stocked up to go on a catching spree & to note = I have successfully pulled off a chain of almost 150 when chaining swarm pokemon (Lickitung in this case) & a chain of almost 100 when chaining wild pokemon (Pidgey in this case) both done in Diamond Version, good luck if you decided to do this anyone!

Wed May 26, 2010 8:26 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Chaning is better for me. I highly suggest to people frustrated, dont run while resetting the radar unless you are completely sure where all the patches are. Dont go into a patch you arent sure of. Its also not always at 40 when you find a shinies. Ive had shinies at 6, 14, and 25 on the chain. oh and save immediately after you catch each shiny. Also although it is said that swarms are easy, they arent really. Ive had better luck with PokeRadar exclusives, and other normal pokes on the route.

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:01 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

AlphaArceus wrote:
Chaning is better for me. I highly suggest to people frustrated, dont run while resetting the radar unless you are completely sure where all the patches are. Dont go into a patch you arent sure of. Its also not always at 40 when you find a shinies. Ive had shinies at 6, 14, and 25 on the chain. oh and save immediately after you catch each shiny. Also although it is said that swarms are easy, they arent really. Ive had better luck with PokeRadar exclusives, and other normal pokes on the route.

this (though the 6, 14, and 25 are just luck on your part; you have to get to 40 to increase your odds to 1/200)

Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:19 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Well, the thing is is that the swarming pokemon have a higher encounter rate thus supposely making them naturally easier to chain for most people if you don't use the radar patches & instead use the normal patches...

when using the radar patches I believe that the PokeRadar exclusive pokemon are easier to chain then anything else you will find using the radar patches...

Getting to 40 is only to ensure that you do encounter a Shiny Patch if not done before then of course as that's where resetting the PokeRadar for shinies has the most benefit, 40 or above anyway though no matter the number at this point, the chances are the same unless you are under 40 which then the chances are lower based on how far below 40 you are when resetting the PokeRadar...

Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next