It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Satisfied? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

After buying Pokemon Pearl and playing it for a good 351 hours and having Black and White coming our way, i think i'm satisfied with the Fourth Generation. I have collected a good range of Event pokemon, Shiny pokemon and EV trained a fair amount. I learnt most of the things i did about pokemon on the fourth Generation but still, i think overall the fourth Generation was really good and with the much longer story and more 'side-quests' as such than previous games.

The main point of this post: Which of the Trio did you buy, and are you satisfied with playing the game compared to other Generations of Pokemon?
Leave comments expressing thoughts below.

Last edited by WirelessBrain on Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:21 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have Platinum and Diamond. I learned most of what I know about competitive battling from playing them.
But I'm still going to buy 5th gen

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Wed May 26, 2010 4:44 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I got platinum and sitting at a sad little 55 hours lol. Anyways yea im satisfied with it I had known about alot of the aspects of competitive battleing since ruby saphire and emerald but this fourth generation is the first that I actually started trying to get into the competitive scene.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i have diamond and pearl, with a grand total of 240 hours between the two. i'm not quite satisfied with the two, mostly due to the difficulty in doing certain things for me (in pearl, i'm still leveling up to beat the E4, though i haven't played it since about january). no event legendaries, only one shiny.....
i like the battle zone thingy. the high levels of pokemon was a welcome change. so, i think it was pretty good. but i miss just the nostalgic feeling i get from playing the gba games. in comparison, gen IV hurts my eyes and gives me a little boost of energy while playing. so i think it was good. but i still want to see more of gen V.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm more of a collector than a battler. But Gen IV got me into battling on wi-fi a little. AND it helped my collection with the trades xD

Last edited by WirelessBrain on Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:43 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I brought Daimond first so it was the version that should be considered the 1 I brought...then I got Pearl & soon after Platinum...

I can definetely say that I am thoroughly satisfied with the 4th Gen as these games have stopped me from wanting Pokemon Emerald, I've played Diamond over 7 times now & even though I have only played through Pearl & Platinum once a piece, I have started new files on them with pokemon that are not obtainable in the story portion of the game mixed with vice-versa which I couldn't do 3rd Gen so that's a plus & Platinum's Event's made Gen 4 more accessable to Event Pokemon which I was glad about so it's been a good run & I am now eagerly awaiting Pokemon's 5th Gen having decided that they did enough, they as in "Gen 4's games"...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

999:59 hours of playtime on my Diamond, the clock maxed out several months ago. If I wasn't satisfied, would I have wracked up this huge number of hours? This game has actually allowed me to bond very closely with certain friends, and even if it sounds pathetic, without this game I don't know if I'd be in my position today. :)

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Emin Jofit wrote:
999:59 hours of playtime on my Diamond, the clock maxed out several months ago. If I wasn't satisfied, would I have wracked up this huge number of hours? This game has actually allowed me to bond very closely with certain friends, and even if it sounds pathetic, without this game I don't know if I'd be in my position today. :)

Awhh ;__; thats awsome c: ive only clocked about 300 hours on mine

Last edited by WirelessBrain on Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:12 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I hit slightly over 700:00 hours on my Platinum Version last file so I can say that I had too much fun playing that game...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Only an hour left until i have clocked up 400 hours. That's not a lot imo. D: Considering i spend much more time on other games than Pokemon

Last edited by WirelessBrain on Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:30 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Only an hour left until i have clocked up 400 hours. That's not a lot imo. D: Considering i spend much more time on other games than Pokemon

That would be alot for me seeing as I am always eager to start my games over once I run out of stuff to do which is usually around the 250:00 hour margin, haha wow...

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:51 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have nearly 400 on my Diamond, and I have about 800 on my Pearl, which was lost somewhere.

I really found the PokeRadar and new methods of evolution are what kept me interested long enough.

Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader.

PM me for a casual battle or for the Gym Badge once the League is up.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Darkrai-follower wrote:

That would be alot for me seeing as I am always eager to start my games over once I run out of stuff to do which is usually around the 250:00 hour margin, haha wow...

Ahaha, i'm always considering creating a new game on pearl but i only have pearl in fourth Gen so i cant trade over all my Ev'd pokemon, events and shinys D:...if i start a new game they'll all be lost, which sucks. So i'm stuck on whether to do it or not. Hence, the 'massive' playtime on it.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:52 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Ahaha, i'm always considering creating a new game on pearl but i only have pearl in fourth Gen so i cant trade over all my Ev'd pokemon, events and shinys D:...if i start a new game they'll all be lost, which sucks. So i'm stuck on whether to do it or not. Hence, the 'massive' playtime on it.

I say don't do it unless you have a second DS & another 4th Gen pokemon game(DPPtHGSS) to transfer them to temporarely...

P.S. awesome Avatar & signature combo, it is on top of the world literally...

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:03 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Darkrai-follower wrote:

I say don't do it unless you have a second DS & another 4th Gen pokemon game(DPPtHGSS) to transfer them to temporarely...

I have a friend, well 2...with platinum,diamond and HG but i have like 3 boxes of stuff worth keeping so...i think i might end up giving my stuff away at some point. i've only ever got one event myself, pikachu colored pichu. The rest is trades, if i wanted them bad enough i think i'd just try and get them all again... meh, i think i'll just wait till i buy HG/Ss...i plan on doing so soon. (my sister has a Ds so...)

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have Caught/Seen all 493 pokemon, I have over 20 Shinies, a couples events and just Clocked in at 471 Hours. I am Satisfied.

The only problem is, I have only ever played Diamond through once. Ever. I was thinking of trading all my good pokemon over to SS, and trading all my pokemon until I have completed the pokedex on SS as well, and restarting my Diamond and playing through it again.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ryanh181 wrote:
I have Caught/Seen all 493 pokemon, I have over 20 Shinies, a couples events and just Clocked in at 471 Hours. I am Satisfied.

The only problem is, I have only ever played Diamond through once. Ever. I was thinking of trading all my good pokemon over to SS, and trading all my pokemon until I have completed the pokedex on SS as well, and restarting my Diamond and playing through it again.

Same problem here dude! xD im just considering letting all i have go though...

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:57 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah. I still remember the moment I completed the pokedex. The last pokemon I had obtained, was Shedinja. I'm not sure why, but he was the last one. When I got him, I freaked out. I was jumpin' off walls and everything. All my friends were like "Woah man, That's a **** of pokemon to catch, YOU GOT THEM ALL?!?!?". I am proud of myself for doing so. I've done it in Yellow and Silver, but that's 251, not 493. And just recently I have got every unknown, even ! and ?.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:38 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ryanh181 wrote:
Yeah. I still remember the moment I completed the pokedex. The last pokemon I had obtained, was Shedinja. I'm not sure why, but he was the last one. When I got him, I freaked out. I was jumpin' off walls and everything. All my friends were like "Woah man, That's a **** of pokemon to catch, YOU GOT THEM ALL?!?!?". I am proud of myself for doing so. I've done it in Yellow and Silver, but that's 251, not 493. And just recently I have got every unknown, even ! and ?.

I am so close to completing my pokedex on Pearl (NEVER completed a pokedex before) I have 463/493 caught so...i might get working on that.
And i never really thought about going after the Unowns...Thanks for the idea XD

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:48 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Darkrai-follower wrote:
And i never really thought about going after the Unowns...Thanks for the idea XD

Well now is as good a time as any, it actually leaves you with a tiny bit more pride afterwards...

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:54 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Darkrai-follower wrote:

Well now is as good a time as any, it actually leaves you with a tiny bit more pride afterwards...

I'm sure it does. AND i'll have a third trainer star...wooo

Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I surpassed 400 on Diamond, almost up to 300 on Platinum, and now I'm nearing 200 on HeartGold.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Gallade Roxas wrote:
I surpassed 400 on Diamond, almost up to 300 on Platinum, and now I'm nearing 200 on HeartGold.

Please learn the forum section thing sir(note, this is in the Sinnoh Region Section), this thread is referring to DPPt only...

They are really in the discription under the thread section name when choosing what section to go to...

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:08 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence, You can still talk about how much time you have on other games. You just can't post entire threads about other regions in the wrong forums. You should get your facts straight if you want to back-seat mod.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:12 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryanh181 wrote:
Lawence, You can still talk about how much time you have on other games. You just can't post entire threads about other regions in the wrong forums. You should get your facts straight if you want to back-seat mod.

I am not being a back sit mod, just trying to help him learn about the sections as he told me he was still trying to get used to them...but whatever, fine, I won't help anymore then, is that better?...

Oh & Gallade Roxas, hoped I helped as I like to be helpful to others alot apparently...

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next