It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:15 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 New Evolutions for Old Pokemon 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Is it just me, or does there seem to be some sort of hate towards non-evolving Pokémon? Not every one of those has to get an evolution.

Qwilfish, for example. Qwilfish is just fine on its own, as are Stantler and Girafarig.

I would like to see an evolution for Pachirisu, though.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:08 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
everyone wants a ery good team but your not going to put a stantler shuckle smeargul delibird pinser and tauros all in a party, they are all good pokemon but they aren't useful other than to fill the nat dex

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gallade Roxas wrote:
Is it just me, or does there seem to be some sort of hate towards non-evolving Pokémon? Not every one of those has to get an evolution.

Qwilfish, for example. Qwilfish is just fine on its own, as are Stantler and Girafarig.

I would like to see an evolution for Pachirisu, though.

this
robbydebry wrote:
they are all good pokemon but they aren't useful other than to fill the nat dex

i disagree. you see some of those pokemon in competitions. they're just not as readily available as other pokemon. actually, smeargle (spelling?) i've seen a lot, mostly due to the moves it can learn.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:24 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Has anyone seen photo containing the {shellder} > Shellbro branch with {cloyster}, along with the {kangaskhan} line merging with the {cubone} line?

http://boards.ign.com/pokemon/b5012/192728652/p1

Sorry for the external link.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

AceTrainer wrote:
Has anyone seen photo containing the {shellder} > Shellbro branch with {cloyster}, along with the {kangaskhan} line merging with the {cubone} line?

Well,
1. I was actually considering a "deep water shellder" that would resemble the slowbro shellder. Think east and west gastrodon.
2. I see no reason to combine kangaskan's child w/ cubone. Whatever they do, they're going to mess it up, flavor/functionwise from what came before. That said, as long as we're not thinking Tiny Attorney (Venture Brothers) for Khangaskhan, I think they should make the normal sprite childless, the egg always a child, the sprite w/ a child on the team have the child, and the child should evolve by happiness w/ a Khangaskhan in the team.

The problem w/ 2 is that it ignores precident. If we have Slowbro and Deep Shellder evolve after a double battle and fuse (resets EVs, combines IVs up to 31, is awesome), it also ignores precedent (IE, no normal slowbro evolutions in the game - which is fine by me). Similarly if we make magnemite need to fuse 3 together to evolve, it ignores precedent.

So, ultimately, if/when they fix these things, it should be as surgically as possible, and probably do them all together. So either this generation or the next.

As for all female species - I'm okay w/ that.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

That image is fake. The caption should've made it obvious.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:51 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Gallade Roxas wrote:
That image is fake. The caption should've made it obvious.

I was asking for people's opinions about the photo. I know it is fake, sir.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:22 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Okay, then. The way you guys were discussing it led me to believe that you actually thought that was a real thing.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:36 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

AceTrainer wrote:

the kangaskhan thing (even if it was real) wouldn't make sense, as the cubone are wearing the skulls of a marowak/cubone, not a kangaskhan skull. so it wouldn't really work. (and i know it's fake, and know you know it, so just saying....)
i've always wanted to get the shellder that's on the slowbro's tail. just always thought it looked cool. but i rather doubt that this'll happen. but if it does, that'd definitely be pretty cool.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think that Shellder thing is just part of the design. Kinda like that Remoraid on Mantine. Doesn't look exactly like a Remoraid.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gallade Roxas wrote:
I think that Shellder thing is just part of the design. Kinda like that Remoraid on Mantine. Doesn't look exactly like a Remoraid.

yeah, rather unfortunate, imo. but, whatever. i don't see much of a point in incorporating that now, so ATTENTION GAMEFREAK: DON'T MAKE A NEW SHELLDER. THAT IS ALL. [/megaphone-speech]. lol srsly tho, what is the point in making all these pokemon attached to other pokemon that don't look like the original?? well, okay, in this case i'm talking about shellder, as the mantine remoraid looks like a remoraid imo, and i can't honestly think of another poke that fits the bill. but you get the idea. my guess is just for, as you said, the design. or for the novelty.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Think about it. A Slowbro with just an exact Shellder on its tail would look pretty lame.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gallade Roxas wrote:
Think about it. A Slowbro with just an exact Shellder on its tail would look pretty lame.

i agree. never said i didn't. but all the same, haven't you ever wondered what it would take to get one of those shellders??

Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
Gallade Roxas wrote:

i agree. never said i didn't. but all the same, haven't you ever wondered what it would take to get one of those shellders??

Remove said Shellder, rendering both Pokémon an average Shellder and a Slowpoke.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gallade Roxas wrote:
rex09 wrote:
Gallade Roxas wrote:

Remove said Shellder, rendering both Pokémon an average Shellder and a Slowpoke.

okay, i meant that in a "what if" tone. but just to carry this idea all the way, what if there was a de-fusion machine?? could do this, defuse metagross/metang, magneton/magnemite, dodrio/doduo..... hmmm, could be interesting.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:13 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

AKA Negative evolution? For only some pokemon? No thanks.

"Breaking apart" Pokemon like Metang or Magneton would totally break the game. You only need one Beldum to get one Metang, but when you "break apart" the Metang you would get TWO Beldums back. Same with Magneton, except with 3 Magnemites.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lightshayde wrote:

"Breaking apart" Pokemon like Metang or Magneton would totally break the game. You only need one Beldum to get one Metang, but when you "break apart" the Metang you would get TWO Beldums back. Same with Magneton, except with 3 Magnemites.

Clearly in those games, they'd require X to fuse.

But it's still a bad idea.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

labarith wrote:
Lightshayde wrote:

Clearly in those games, they'd require X to fuse.

But it's still a bad idea.

never said it was a good idea. if i recall clearly, i said:
rex09 wrote:
okay, i meant that in a "what if" tone. but just to carry this idea all the way,

i actually think it would be a bad idea. but it was purely for speculative purposes.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:53 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Pokemon that really need an evolution are
1. Tarous
2. Dunsparce
3. Quilfish
4. Sableye
5. Chatot
Pokemon that need pre-evolutions are
1. Lapras
2. Scyther
3. Kangaskhan
4. Tropius
5. Mawile

Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:37 pm
I feel that with all the love Scyther got (as in Scizor), Pinsir totally deserves an evolution. I'm not sure what it would evolve into, but I think it deserves it.

Spinda needs an evolution too... Probably a play on being a happy/sad panda.

Farfetch'd needs one too, I could see something like a swordsman path for it, basing it on samurai would be awesome.
They could make it a rival for Ninjask so we can get a Ninja vs. Samurai feel going on. :p

Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:02 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i agree heartily with all of the people who say dunsparce needs to evolve...i am however hoping that it becomes a normal/ghost

Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:20 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I reckon that if Dunsparce get an evo it will be either Normal/Rock or Normal/Ground or maybe Normal/Flying but I would like to see the evo of Dunsparce Normal/Fire evolving with a fire stone

Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:31 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

dunsparce was based on a cryptid spotted in japan i ownderif it evolved it would be based ona another cryptid??

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:38 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Maybe it could be based off of a depiction of the Ningen monster?
Wait, no, then it would have to be part Water-type, which automatically makes it lame.

Well, the Tsuchinoko is a serpent, so it totally makes sense that a Dragon evo could happen.
I'm gonna be stubborn and remain convinced that will happen.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:36 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i think dunsparce should evolve in to a dragon/normal type i think dunspacre looks cool but since it doesn't evolve i never bothered to train it

Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:00 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next