It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Annoying things you hope they fix in G5 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

well, i actually intended for the drag-and-drop to be in the field-exlusive, mostly because i believe you should only be able to use only one item per turn in-battle, which renders the point of this feature pointless. yes, it would be cool. but it would just wind up costing time instead of saving it, in-battle at least.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:07 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
well, i actually intended for the drag-and-drop to be in the field-exlusive, mostly because i believe you should only be able to use only one item per turn in-battle, which renders the point of this feature pointless. yes, it would be cool. but it would just wind up costing time instead of saving it, in-battle at least.

Once again - REALLY - when would you need this?
a) early game, when you're low on potions you need to use 2 bad ones.
b) late game, when you want to get rid of your bad potions.
c) when you're happiness training and purposely buy the potions that heal only a little.

C is "faux cheating" and shouldn't be an issue. A and B happen so few and far between that it's not worth developing a potentially confusing interface for it.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:18 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
labarith wrote:
C is "faux cheating" and shouldn't be an issue. A and B happen so few and far between that it's not worth developing a potentially confusing interface for it.

*sign*, it will NOT be a potientially confusing interface...I'm pretty sure that can do this correctly...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
labarith wrote:

*sign*, it will NOT be a potientially confusing interface...I'm pretty sure that can do this correctly...

Yes, let's just stipulate that the NEEDLESS thing won't be NEEDLESSLY COMPLEX.

Oh, wait, the fact that it is, by definition, NEEDLESS, makes ANY complexity NEEDLESSLY COMPLEX.

In other words - if it ain't broke, don't &^(*^ it up.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:15 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

while it's needless, it would certainly make things easier for MOST of us. and it's not just for potions; you could use it for berries, or equipping items faster, or status healers, or zinc/iron/calcium stuff. which is why i thought it would be a cool idea that can be utilized efficiently.
another thing i didn't like: the pc storage system in hg/ss. annoying as hell. in that case, i thought simpler was better.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:52 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

rex09 wrote:
while it's needless, it would certainly make things easier for MOST of us. and it's not just for potions; you could use it for berries, or equipping items faster, or status healers, or zinc/iron/calcium stuff. which is why i thought it would be a cool idea that can be utilized efficiently.
another thing i didn't like: the pc storage system in hg/ss. annoying as hell. in that case, i thought simpler was better.

Yeah, you're right, a more efficient bag system would be very useful. Out of all of the updates for Hg/Ss, this is the one that I most thought would be in.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:59 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:

Actually, that would be a "need" so it wouldn't be "needless". We were talking about the ability to use multiple potions at once, NOT the ability to drag and drop.

However, I'm pretty sure you need to rethink this "drag and drop" system since by the time you got everything on screen at the same time, it's be too small to navigate. I mean the DS is only so big. :/

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

the ability to use multiple potions at once was spawned from the drag-and-drop method. it's above.
i realize it has flaws, but it's just a basis. i could try to make some pictures, but that's really too much effort just to communicate an idea. hmmm, maybe you could have like, five slots that you can put the items in, then a new screen pops up that allows you to drag and drop the quantities of those five items wherever you want. or just dragging from the name to the party, which might pop up on the side. idk, if someone else wants to expand on the idea, please go ahead. but i don't really feel like it now.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
the ability to use multiple potions at once was spawned from the drag-and-drop method. it's above.
i realize it has flaws, but it's just a basis. i could try to make some pictures, but that's really too much effort just to communicate an idea. hmmm, maybe you could have like, five slots that you can put the items in, then a new screen pops up that allows you to drag and drop the quantities of those five items wherever you want. or just dragging from the name to the party, which might pop up on the side. idk, if someone else wants to expand on the idea, please go ahead. but i don't really feel like it now.

Yeah. And maybe we can have it plug into your computer so you can have this whole BIG SCREEN to drag and drop w/ your mouse.

Or you could drop it.
1. In a normal game, over the course of say 100 hours, you maybe use multiple potions TWICE.
2. There is no 2. See 1. I mean FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, stop "sticking to your guns" when your "guns" are on fire, destroying the ozone, and made you sterile 2 months ago. GET A CLUE.

Can they make the interface a little clearer? Probably. Is drag and drop remotely plausible? No. Is multiple potions remotely necessary for NORMAL GAME PLAY? NO!

More often than not, you'll be trying to use 1 potion and the multiple potion option WILL GET IN THE WAY.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

okay, for the last time, many of us here on this thread have said that we do use potions after the beginning of the game. why is that so unbelievable to you?? plus, i think i just mentioned that it's not just for potions (that's just a good example, for me and others). and drag and drop is plausible due to, as spoinkable mentioned, the recent fad with touch screens. while it may not make things better functionality wise (and i think it will) it would still be more entertaining than hitting a five times in a row, with a couple of arrow keys mixed in.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:59 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
okay, for the last time, many of us here on this thread have said that we do use potions after the beginning of the game. why is that so unbelievable to you?? plus, i think i just mentioned that it's not just for potions (that's just a good example, for me and others). and drag and drop is plausible due to, as spoinkable mentioned, the recent fad with touch screens. while it may not make things better functionality wise (and i think it will) it would still be more entertaining than hitting a five times in a row, with a couple of arrow keys mixed in.

Yes. You use up extra potions at the beginning of the game. WHOOPTI FRICKIN DO.

Here's the question: Do you tend to, over the course of the game, use more than 2 potions at any given time on 1 pokemon MORE OFTEN than you use 1 potion on 1 pokemon?

If yes, your idea has merit.

If no, then all you're doing is MESSING IT UP for the 95% of the time you only use 1 potion.

It's NOT THAT HARD A CONCEPT TO UNDERSTAND.

And so you don't think I'm forgetting you - FINITE SCREEN. Dragging and dropping pokemon into boxes is awesome. it is also very small. Now imagine replacing the box on your computer holding pokemon with a screen holding potions of different types that you can drag and drop. Now imagine these potions aren't named. Space issues. Does it sound like a bad idea to you? If not, you're not listening.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'd have to agree with labrinth here drag and drop is usless
the 1 and only use I can see off drag and drop Items would be for Hack rare candies just drop 99 on it when it hatches and wa-la lvl 100 pokemon

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:02 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

/vXv\ wrote:
the 1 and only use I can see off drag and drop Items would be for Hack rare candies just drop 99 on it when it hatches and wa-la lvl 100 pokemon

And happiness via potion/berry, and mass EV training via vitamins.

All of these are technically legal, but out of the spirit of the game (well, hacked rare candies aren't...).

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

/vXv\ wrote:

Thanks for being mature and respectful. =)

Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:08 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:
Thanks for being mature and respectful. =)

I'm pretty sure it's enough that he's right.

Not that I'm advocating answering a Jeopardy question like this "What is George Washington, b*tch?"

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:23 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

labarith wrote:
Here's the question: Do you tend to, over the course of the game, use more than 2 potions at any given time on 1 pokemon MORE OFTEN than you use 1 potion on 1 pokemon?
And so you don't think I'm forgetting you - FINITE SCREEN. Dragging and dropping pokemon into boxes is awesome. it is also very small. Now imagine replacing the box on your computer holding pokemon with a screen holding potions of different types that you can drag and drop. Now imagine these potions aren't named. Space issues. Does it sound like a bad idea to you? If not, you're not listening.

the answer: yes. i was pretty sure i had made that clear...
and again, i just said that the idea has limits and flaws. plus, the dsi xl has a huge screen that would be able to use this effectively. and nintendo usually (imo) uses pokemon to advertise the latest and/or greatest handheld console out there (rby-set the precedent for gameboy; gsc-gameboy color; rse - game boy advance sp came out around this time; diamond and pearl - ds lite; b/w- who knows???). so while it may not be conventional, there are ways around it. and this whole drag/drop thing is just my opinion/idea. so, since you guys are against my idea, do you have a better idea?? [/genuinequestion]
maybe i will draw up some pics..... we'll see.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:00 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
labarith wrote:

the answer: yes. i was pretty sure i had made that clear...

NO! You don't! It is more cost efficient to use 1 potion than 2, and you only find so many potions in game, so you DO NOT use more tghan 1 potion to heal most of the time. And you DAMNED WELL do not use more than 1 of the SAME TYPE of potion more more than you use 1 potion or multiples of different types.

You, sir, are either a fool or a liar. And I don't care which. Either that, or you're the 1 in a million person who, contingently, it is practical to use multiple potions more often than 1 potion, perhaps your team is full of pickup guys, or perhaps you just blew your wad on potions before you knew super potions existed. But once again, if you're the exception, the game shouldn't be tailored to you.

I'm not trying to be mean here, but I'm getting sick and tired of you stating blatantly false things as if they are the holy word of God passed down through generations of devoted monks to your ears alone.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

uh, two things: i'm not preaching, and i'm not a liar. for that matter, i make a's and b's in school, so i'm pretty sure i'm not a fool. by multiple potions, i mean i use them on multiple pokemon, not multiple potions on the same pokemon. and i don't think the game should be tailored to me, but it's not like i can just see the way other people play, like magic (youtube doesn't really offer much, as it's mostly just videos of shinies and hacks, imo). so to me, it makes sense. hopefully this makes sense to others as well.
anyways.... annoying things i hope they fix in G5: hmmm, let's see.... in hgss, it was rather difficult to find a good area to level up at. this is due to the levels of wild pokemon. so, i hope they give us decent training spots, more like in dppt.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:29 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
uh, two things: i'm not preaching, and i'm not a liar. for that matter, i make a's and b's in school, so i'm pretty sure i'm not a fool. by multiple potions, i mean i use them on multiple pokemon, not multiple potions on the same pokemon. and i don't think the game should be tailored to me, but it's not like i can just see the way other people play, like magic (youtube doesn't really offer much, as it's mostly just videos of shinies and hacks, imo). so to me, it makes sense. hopefully this makes sense to others as well.
anyways.... annoying things i hope they fix in G5: hmmm, let's see.... in hgss, it was rather difficult to find a good area to level up at. this is due to the levels of wild pokemon. so, i hope they give us decent training spots, more like in dppt.

I'm not trying to make fun of you, but unless there are some really, REALLY bizarre circumstances, either you approach the game in a really foolish way (Hey, I could buy a super potion or 2 normal potions for more money. Hey, I'm out in the wild, why don't I use 2 normal potions to heal 40 damage instead of 1 super potion to heal 40 damage thus saving money! Oh, wait, THAT's DUMB!).

Apparently what you're saying is that you use multiple potions on different pokemon. Which is *NOT* what we were talking about.

If anything, what you're asking for is a "full heal" button in your pokegear that will use potions automatically for you. Now THAT, although somewhat inefficient (as it'll heal a pokemon with only 1-2 HPs of damage), is an interesting idea. I won't say it's a GOOD idea, but I will say that it is FUNCTIONALLY AND FUNDAMENTALLY different than what we were talking about.

So this disagreement, like so many others, is about miscommunication.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

labarith wrote:
Apparently what you're saying is that you use multiple potions on different pokemon. Which is *NOT* what we were talking about.

nonono, see, the multiple potions (in other words, i finish a battle with an E4 member, for example; so two of my pokemon took about 150 damage, the other about 48, then i use a hyper potion and a super potion, respectively. that's multiple potions for multiple pokemon, and what i meant) is the whole basis for the drag-and-drop, which is what we were talking about, if you go back far enough. so yes, probably a miscommunication on my part.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
labarith wrote:

nonono, see, the multiple potions (in other words, i finish a battle with an E4 member, for example; so two of my pokemon took about 150 damage, the other about 48, then i use a hyper potion and a super potion, respectively. that's multiple potions for multiple pokemon, and what i meant) is the whole basis for the drag-and-drop, which is what we were talking about, if you go back far enough. so yes, probably a miscommunication on my part.

My objection to the drag-and-drop (whcih is not what I thought we were talking about) is that it seems impractical to put draggable icons of potions on one screen. HG/SS puts 6 items on 1 screen. Even if you go to half the size, you've just made room for your pokemon on the bottom of the screen... but not their HP data. So you would not only need to be able to tell the difference between a super and hyper potion icon, but you also need to be able to know the HP your pokemon needs. And yes, you could have small pokemon icons on the bottom and large in depth pokemon icons up top. But this won't help much.

At the end of the day the drag and drop would be nice, but I just don't see it being useful because they would PROMPT YOU with an "are you sure"/etc. And on HG/SS you can already use the stylus - all the drag and drop would do is confuse the screens.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:36 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i hate bat pokemon so they should not have them

Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:30 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i already have a problem with g5 when a Pokemon stat changes the pokemon glows red or blue and t has arrows on it body but now they have these big bubbles floating up or down the pokemon i hope they fix that like they replaced crystal with lyra

Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:29 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

xxpiplupxx wrote:
i hate bat pokemon so they should not have them

too late for that!!! bats are cute in real life, and crobat was one of my faves in sapphire (even if that's not where it comes from). and nobody said you have to use them.
gardevoirXlopunny wrote:
i already have a problem with g5 when a Pokemon stat changes the pokemon glows red or blue and t has arrows on it body but now they have these big bubbles floating up or down the pokemon i hope they fix that like they replaced crystal with lyra

again, too late!! and i actually thought that looks much better. and crystal got replaced with lyra because it was an effin' remake!!! they didn't just choose to replace it last minute!!!

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:22 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Krisp wrote:
The main thing I'd like to see return is Vs. Seeker. The phone is a god awful idea that BEGS for apocalypse. Why get rid of the Vs. Seeker that was so convenient in LeafGreen, FireRed, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum? There was NO REASON SoulSilver/HeartGold/Emerald didn't get the **** Vs. Seeker. How was I supposed to grind to beat Red? Beat the Elite Four 340543257034 times?

In HeartGold and SoulSilver, you can challenge any trainer infinite times in one day as long as it is the proper day and time to challenge them. You can phone Falkner 23 times in one day until you're ready to fight Red. This is so much more convenient than the Vs. Seeker. The Vs. Seeker was flawed rubbish. You couldn't use it to rebattle Gym Leaders, trainers in buildings and caves, trainers wouldn't always accept like they do with the Pokegear and you had to run around to charge it.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next