It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 New Ways to evolve Pokemon 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

rex09 wrote:

hmm, not a big fan of the weather stone idea... maybe we could just stick to the weather conditions.. and besides, there have been older pokemon that got new evos based on previously exiting conditions (i'm talking about a lot of the recent ones that got move level-ups; some of them must have had those before).

Actually we discussed this before and we found out that Lickitung is the only pokemon that they screwed up on. All the rest of the pokemon had never been able to learn that move before (the one that made them level up). Lickitung could learn rollout in Gen 2 (i think). The only difference I can think of, is that this is the first gen that Lickitung could learn it by level up. But of course, its evolution is not strictly limited to Lickitung learning the move, as it can be evolved whenever the move is applied to it.

I can't think of any other pokemon that couldn't evolve when the conditions were presented. I think they mostly got around it in FRLG by not installing a clock.. and not allowing you to breed and transfer in pokemon before you got the national dex. Or did they just do it so friendship didn't exist? I don't remember how they worked around the friendship evolutions in the Gen 3 remakes.

Fri May 28, 2010 4:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

puck269 wrote:
rex09 wrote:

hmm, not a big fan of the weather stone idea... maybe we could just stick to the weather conditions.. and besides, there have been older pokemon that got new evos based on previously exiting conditions (i'm talking about a lot of the recent ones that got move level-ups; some of them must have had those before).

Actually we discussed this before and we found out that Lickitung is the only pokemon that they screwed up on. All the rest of the pokemon had never been able to learn that move before (the one that made them level up). Lickitung could learn rollout in Gen 2 (i think). The only difference I can think of, is that this is the first gen that Lickitung could learn it by level up. But of course, its evolution is not strictly limited to Lickitung learning the move, as it can be evolved whenever the move is applied to it.

I can't think of any other pokemon that couldn't evolve when the conditions were presented. I think they mostly got around it in FRLG by not installing a clock.. and not allowing you to breed and transfer in pokemon before you got the national dex. Or did they just do it so friendship didn't exist? I don't remember how they worked around the friendship evolutions in the Gen 3 remakes.

oh, okay, i didn't know about the moves. my bad. but as far as friendship, i had a togetic that evolved via friendship. so, i don't thinka clock had anything to do with that (well, maybe with espeon and umbreon, but i'm pretty sure there was a clock... but i'll have to check on that).

Fri May 28, 2010 5:21 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

rex09 wrote:

oh, okay, i didn't know about the moves. my bad. but as far as friendship, i had a togetic that evolved via friendship. so, i don't thinka clck had anything to do with that (well, maybe with espeon and umbreon, but i'm pretty sure there was a clock... but i'll have to check on that).

When did it evolve, before or after the national dex? Because the one pokemon I'm thinking about is getting a crobat, especially since zubats are so plentiful in the game. I didn't think you could evolve golbat in FRLG until after you got the national dex.

And there was no clock in FRLG.. if you wanted to evolve Eevee via friendship, you had to trade it into RSE in order to use the clock that was in that game to evolve it.

Fri May 28, 2010 5:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

well, you can only get togepi as an egg from a man on either six or seven island, so after. i didn't know about the clock, that's actually very interesting....
to get back on topic, if they released more types of evo stones, what do you think they would be like??? we have leaf, water, fire, thunder, dawn, dusk, and one more, i think, just i can't remember which (is it the one that evolves... dammit, i can't remember....). if they did another one, what would it be?? the weather stones would be more like the heat/ice/whatever stones from the underground, but we'd have to change their function...oh!!! that's how we can evolve castform. he can evolve holding one of those (did someone mention that earlier?? sorry if you did, not trying to steal ideas). but anyways...

Fri May 28, 2010 8:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

New stone possibilities:
Frozen Stone
Iron Stone
Mind Stone

The problem with the stones is that they evolve 2-3 guys and that's it.

At one point, I had the idea of an "ant" but pokemon that worked with the original 4 stones - thunder, water, fire, leaf - it's ability would be "stone gather" (?), such that it would randomly pick up stones in caves (the new underground!), etc. The original 4 stones would give the ant the coresponding elemental type (and, so long as it's holding the stone), can learn corresponding elemental moves. The ant itself wouldn't evolve (although I can see females evolving once they have one of each type of elemental move?), but it would have those 4 alternate forms.

Aside from that, I'd like to see some new pokemon who have evolutions based off of the old stones. For example, maybe a new pokemon who is sort of like eevee, except can change his evolution - IE, you can use the firestone on him, then later the water stone, etc. Now, disclaimer, I'm not saying that "evoling pokemon with stones" is itself a new way to evolve pokemon, but a pokemon that can evolve to X, then Y, then back to X is pretty new.

Fri May 28, 2010 8:27 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm thinking using the evolutionary stones on certain pokemon while it is in certain conditions like gender, area, and/or held item.

4G shinies (non-event): 400,302,133,149,007,408,448,358

Pokemon Black:
Tim~Bk: 0303-9173-0439 :501::551:

Looking for nicknamed and/or shiny pokemon.

5G shinies (non-event): 147,261,570,546,635,506,540,548,519,517,055,619,575,624

Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It would be cool if you could combine stones to make another type or a dual type. Like if you gave an Evee a Water Stone and a Leaf stone it would evolve into a Water/Grass type. Of course there would some restrictions to this.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

redt wrote:
It would be cool if you could combine stones to make another type or a dual type. Like if you gave an Evee a Water Stone and a Leaf stone it would evolve into a Water/Grass type. Of course there would some restrictions to this.

I think I like this idea, but it can't be eevee.

What I'm thinking is that they'd have a normal guy who could evolve into a fire/water, water/plant, or fire/plant guy (3 starter types) - maybe if he's holding one stone, and the other stone is used on him, it'll use both stones. If he's not holding a stone, then he'll be unable to use the stone.

Note: Oddly this is sort of what sbktdreed suggested. Also, I like the idea of a pokemon who can use 1 stone if 1 gender, and another if the other gender. :P

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:28 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

labarith wrote:
* From Male -> Female (and/or female to male?) - Probably a Frog pokemon (Fire/Water frog pokemon?). We've all seen jurassic park.

doesnt that happen with azurills now though?

And my idea for a new way of evolution is a man who will take in a spesific pokemon say Paras and he says he studied many years ina forign land to give it poison properties, you leave it with him for 5 days or so and when you get it back its evolved into a into seperate evolution of 5days, then when new games are developed it can just be explained by the experts traveling

Looking for UNHATCHED Manaphy egg. Will trade anything in my trading thread or PM me
FC: 1076 5550 2837

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:33 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Jester wrote:
labarith wrote:
* From Male -> Female (and/or female to male?) - Probably a Frog pokemon (Fire/Water frog pokemon?). We've all seen jurassic park.

And my idea for a new way of evolution is a man who will take in a spesific pokemon say Paras and he says he studied many years ina forign land to give it poison properties, you leave it with him for 5 days or so and when you get it back its evolved into a into seperate evolution of 5days, then when new games are developed it can just be explained by the experts traveling

I hadn't heart about azurills that do that... I'll have to google that to see.

As for your "5 day travel" thing... I sort of see what you're saying, for example someone takes your nosepass and gives you the evolved version later, suggesting that he visited Mt. Cournet, right?

I'm not sure I like this idea; I'd rather it be the case that he brings a rock from my. cournet back and if you give your guy a rare candy in his museum, it evolves...

Actually, I *really* like this idea... have a museum that you can go to with several wings. In one wing, you can see pictures of legendary pokemon (allowing you to search for them on the GTS); in the geology wing they'd have examples of strange rocks - mt. cournet rock, grass rock, ice rock, and maybe a few more do something-if-nearby rocks. The floor would have a pattern around the rocks - if you stand in the red and use a rare candy, your guy will evolve. It should also have a display of the evolution rocks, and underneath tell you what evolves from what (at least from the previous games... with the new games rock evolutions a mystery...). A fossil room would be awesome, too - but I'd want the fossil-rebirth to take a full day this time, to avoid IV-tricks. I do think they should reanimate up to 5 guys at a time though...

Maybe they'd have revolving displays - after you beat the elite 4, they go into a random monthly rotation - they showcase 1 legendary pokemon in the legend room, sell 1 kind of evolution stone at the giftshop, bring new rocks to evolve guys, etc.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:01 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

hmmm, i think instead of having to use a rare candy, maybe a series of rocks outside (like the deoxys veilstone ones) with grass around them. personal opinion, of course. but this is due to the fact that i don't want to have to waste my precious rare candies just to make something evolve. plus, some little kids wouldn't make the connection (well, idk, they might). the legendary thing would be better off in an equivalent for the canalave library; say, every friday they get a new book (this is after the E4, i'll say); in the book, there is a story about a legendary and a picture of it. that way, kids will be entertained and stuff. or actually, they put a new book on display, then it goes back into storage; that way every friday you can still get something. idk, the idea's right, but i feel like the method's wrong (so canalave yes, on display no). i dislike the idea of having to wait a whole day just for a fossil to finish; though i do like having the ability to do more than one at a time (even though since you just have to walk in and out it doesn't take that long, unless you need to open a spot in your party).

Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
hmmm, i think instead of having to use a rare candy, maybe a series of rocks outside (like the deoxys veilstone ones) with grass around them. personal opinion, of course. but this is due to the fact that i don't want to have to waste my precious rare candies just to make something evolve. plus, some little kids wouldn't make the connection (well, idk, they might). the legendary thing would be better off in an equivalent for the canalave library; say, every friday they get a new book (this is after the E4, i'll say); in the book, there is a story about a legendary and a picture of it. that way, kids will be entertained and stuff. or actually, they put a new book on display, then it goes back into storage; that way every friday you can still get something. idk, the idea's right, but i feel like the method's wrong (so canalave yes, on display no). i dislike the idea of having to wait a whole day just for a fossil to finish; though i do like having the ability to do more than one at a time (even though since you just have to walk in and out it doesn't take that long, unless you need to open a spot in your party).

As it stands now, you can save, reanimate a fossil, check it's IVs, then restart and do it again until you get something you like. This is pretty dumb. The 1 day waiting would seriously undermine this ability. It also makes more sense, all in all.

As for the rare-candy evolving - tough. It works in Platinum/Pearl/Diamond, and it'll work in-doors. It makes a lot more sense for there to be a display inside rather than outside in the grass, all in all. I mean, it's the best way to represent "special location" evolution w/o replicating those special locations! As for it being too confusing, it's far easier than "trade regirock, ice, and steel over to X"...

As for the library - yeah, I thought of this too. I like the idea of you being able to check out a book each day which fills in your pokedex (although you won't have caught it, so it'll still register as you not catching it, just seen/read about it). The idea, though, would be that the museum could have statues/etc of the legendary guys, and there wouldn't be books on them.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:35 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

labarith wrote:
Jester wrote:
labarith wrote:

I hadn't heart about azurills that do that... I'll have to google that to see.

As for your "5 day travel" thing... I sort of see what you're saying, for example someone takes your nosepass and gives you the evolved version later, suggesting that he visited Mt. Cournet, right?

I'm not sure I like this idea; I'd rather it be the case that he brings a rock from my. cournet back and if you give your guy a rare candy in his museum, it evolves...

no what i ment is that an expert who say found a was to give poision properties to a species of pokemon which would make it evolve under his training nothing to do with museums, so like Para under this experts carw would evolved in to a grass/ poison scorpion mushroom like pokemon, not lengthen the fossil regeneration time.

the 5 day thing also wouldnt be a problem because asuming you already know the pokemon the expert it will evolve into ( say paras for the example) you wuld just hand him your paras with is precaught and ivs already determined

Looking for UNHATCHED Manaphy egg. Will trade anything in my trading thread or PM me
FC: 1076 5550 2837

Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:39 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Jester wrote:

no what i ment is that an expert who say found a was to give poision properties to a species of pokemon which would make it evolve under his training nothing to do with museums, so like Para under this experts carw would evolved in to a grass/ poison scorpion mushroom like pokemon, not lengthen the fossil regeneration time.

the 5 day thing also wouldnt be a problem because asuming you already know the pokemon the expert it will evolve into ( say paras for the example) you wuld just hand him your paras with is precaught and ivs already determined

1. The Fossil reviving time extension is just a means of fixing a problem with the game - fossils are the only pokemon you can "reset IVs" on. This is, I think, the ONLY way to fix the problem.
2. If you're not positing a trip w/ your pokemon, why does the "poison master" need 5 days?

Overall, it seems you're asking for the reverse of me - I'm asking for a robust museum which lets you evolve your pokemon that day near the rocks from the areas they evolved in different games and for fossils to have a 1 day waiting period so you don't keep resetting until you get what you like. You're asking for a 5 day waiting period on something that whether you wait or not doesn't affect the game, and you're asking to keep the no waiting period on fossils. :*(

Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:15 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

labarith wrote:
As it stands now, you can save, reanimate a fossil, check it's IVs, then restart and do it again until you get something you like. This is pretty dumb. The 1 day waiting would seriously undermine this ability. It also makes more sense, all in all.

As for the rare-candy evolving - tough. It works in Platinum/Pearl/Diamond, and it'll work in-doors. It makes a lot more sense for there to be a display inside rather than outside in the grass, all in all. I mean, it's the best way to represent "special location" evolution w/o replicating those special locations! As for it being too confusing, it's far easier than "trade regirock, ice, and steel over to X"...

As for the library - yeah, I thought of this too. I like the idea of you being able to check out a book each day which fills in your pokedex (although you won't have caught it, so it'll still register as you not catching it, just seen/read about it). The idea, though, would be that the museum could have statues/etc of the legendary guys, and there wouldn't be books on them.

the idea is to make things easier, not hinder certain things. plus, think about it. maybe the reanimating center will be in the middle of nowhere. why should i have to wait until the next day, when i could be continuing my adventure??? oh, wait, because the programmers didn't want me getting the IVs i want. yup, that makes more sense.
yeah, rare candy evolving works. but does that make it sensible?? no. that's the whole point of having it outdoors. and nobody said anything about a display. if you read the part about the veilstone-deoxys part, you would've gotten that the rocks would just be there. sure, maybe there could be a little article in the library or museum that tells you what they are. but does that mean they should be there?? imo, no. the idea is to level up, not specifically use a rare candy. and btw, how does a little 5x5 pixel statue contribute to this?? they'll all be generic anyways, so it's not like there'll be a visible difference. and books are more sensible, as they can hold more information than a little plaque.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:

the idea is to make things easier, not hinder certain things.

The idea was to make it so you can't cheat yourself into a good IV fossil by turning off/on. Your idea does nothing but keep the status quo, it doesn't make things easier.
rex09 wrote:

plus, think about it. maybe the reanimating center will be in the middle of nowhere.

But it shouldn't be. Gamefreak has made a dedicated effort to make tutors and move forgetters and renamers etc. out in the open, in towns, where you can find them easily. Heck, ONE HOUSE has 2 tutors, the move relearner, and the move deleter... in the same village as the effort ribbon giver.

The fossil reanimator will be in a museum. It will be easy to get to/fly to, and probably even in a city you could spend a day around exploring if you're just starting out and happen to have a fossil.
rex09 wrote:

why should i have to wait until the next day, when i could be continuing my adventure???

It's just like the daycare, go - your fossil will be there when you get back.
rex09 wrote:

oh, wait, because the programmers didn't want me getting the IVs i want. yup, that makes more sense.

Eggs take X steps to hatch, but reanimating long-dead fossils? 10 seconds, tops. Oh, wait, no, THAT is stupid.
rex09 wrote:

yeah, rare candy evolving works. but does that make it sensible??

Sensible? You're EVOLVING a guy. There are trade evolutions... hell, there are trade evolutions needing your guy to hold something. Sensible is NOT what all evolutions are about.

Oh, and I'd have hidden rare candies in the building, and maybe a less-than-hidden one outside.
rex09 wrote:
no. that's the whole point of having it outdoors.

It's a MUSEUM we're talking about. Having it out doors makes 0 sense.
rex09 wrote:
and nobody said anything about a display.

I did. Museum.
rex09 wrote:
if you read the part about the veilstone-deoxys part, you would've gotten that the rocks would just be there.

I am well aware of this. But impact craters =/= museum display pieces. You want a rock from mount cournet just lying in the field somewhere? REALLY?
rex09 wrote:
sure, maybe there could be a little article in the library or museum that tells you what they are. but does that mean they should be there??

If they're museum pieces, with articles like "This is a rock from Mt. Cournet in the sinnoh region. Notice how it seems to emit a strange power, calling to certain pokemon".
rex09 wrote:
imo, no. the idea is to level up, not specifically use a rare candy.

Then your idea misses the point entirely. I am talking museum piece, you're talking make a 2nd mountain which evolves magnemites.
rex09 wrote:
and btw, how does a little 5x5 pixel statue contribute to this?? they'll all be generic anyways, so it's not like there'll be a visible difference. and books are more sensible, as they can hold more information than a little plaque.

If they have "walking around" sprites, which I sure hope they do, they could use these as the basis for non-generic statues.

Come on man, put a little effort into this. Just a little effort into seeing what I'm trying to say.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:19 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

wtf
okay, that is just stupid. you actually took the time and effort to write a counter to all or my sentences. maybe you should try to understand the ideas that others have, rather than just trying to force yours on everyone.
but just because i hate leaving posts like that, i'm going to try to make it clear to you just how much though i have put into trying to understand your ideas.
what idea?? all i said was that there's nothing wrong with the current system. as far as i know, people like the system the way it is; doesn't that mean we should keep the status quo?? (not like we actually have a say in this, as we're only fans coming up with ideas). yes, i actually agree with you in that it shouldn't be in the middle of nowhere. does that mean that it won't be in the middle of nowhere?? absolutely not. whether you believe it or not, i actually like the museum fossil reanimator. and besides, how the hell do you know it will be in a museum?? the last one was at the ruins of alph, if i'm not mistaken. and what about cinnabar?? ring any bells?? just cuz there was one or two times when it was doesn't make it the absolute final ruling. if it's at a place reached early on, you may not be able to if you continue your journey. and i still don't understand how it's stupid. to me, it's convenient that i can take a fossil in, and then it's ready. who else agrees?? i don't like the museum idea solely because i believe it's a waste of rare candies; yeah, i've used them to help guys evolve before; but that's why it's called a choice. if i want a certain pokemon, i don't want to have to be forced to use a rare candy just to evolve them. and i'm sure others feel the same way. and i don't want the f***ing display outside (that would indeed be stupid) i don't want a museum at all. GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD: I'M AGAINST IT. the rocks should be meteors/rocks outside, nowhere near a museum. that's the point of the deoxys reference. oh, btw, you could have that same damn description pop up when you examine the frickin' thing. it's not hard to do. and again, WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A SECOND MOUNTAIN?!?! i just want a rock in a field with a patch of grass. that's fine for me. sometimes simpler is better.
so, just to cap, this is a thread where everyone can post ideas about new ways to evolve our pokemon. in the process, it's turned (unfortunately) into a thread where i have just become a hypocrite. in the future, i suggest you just ignore any of my posts you dislike; they're not supposed to please you, they're only trying to convey my ideas to others. i will do the same for you, mkay?? i sincerely apologize for reacting this way to you, and any moderators who may have to deal with this. but those are my feelings on this issue.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
maybe you should try to understand the ideas that others have, rather than just trying to force yours on everyone.

This. Thanks I'm done =)

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
okay, that is just stupid.

I'm beginning to think so.
rex09 wrote:

you actually took the time and effort to write a counter to all or my sentences.

So you're tacitly admitting that all your sentences COULD be countered. Listen, I'm all for good ideas, but when you stream a whole lot of grade A, 100% obviously bad ideas, YOU need to realize that something is wrong here. And it's not on the side of the guy who CALLS YOU OUT on them being blatantly bad ideas.

rex09 wrote:
maybe you should try to understand the ideas that others have, rather than just trying to force yours on everyone.

Let's breifly recap your ideas, shall we?
1. Keep Fossils the way they are (this isn't an idea so much as it is a gut reaction to change).
2. Maybe move the museum off someplace, because if you did that then YOUR idea labs would be horrible. (WTF indeed. You actually advocated hindering gameplay so that if this stupid - STUPID - idea was in place, the EXTREME INCONVINIENCE we see NO WHERE ELSE in the game (HG/SS) would justify continuing a bad mechanic.
3. Move all the evolution rocks from past generations, and new "Mt. Cornet evolution stone" to a grassy area in the new game; like the deoxys rocks. Except with grass around them.
Now THIS is a good idea. Or would have been if I hadn't JUST GIVEN A BETTER IDEA. I said "let's put the rocks in a museum". And you come along and say "Nah, that's dumb, I don't want to waste my rare candy evolving things - but I'm okay with wasting a metal coat, king's rock, grip claw, and EVERYTHING ELSE, but not my rare candy! - so let's put them in a field someplace surrounded by grass." Once again, this is the EXACT OPPOSITE of an idea.

rex09 wrote:

all i said was that there's nothing wrong with the current system.

I'm going to assume you're talking fossils here. But there IS something wrong with the system as is. It allows you to cheat in spirit; it's just as much "legal cheating" as cloning pokemon over the GTS. Which is a safety measure, just like saving the game is a safety measure. All I suggested was putting the same kind of IV-don't-restart threshold on fossils as already exists on eggs.

Now, if you want to ARGUE that the original system is better from either a flavor or function standpoint, go ahead. I await this argument. But you DO need an argument for this position. Because I gave a prima facie valid argument against it.
rex09 wrote:
as far as i know, people like the system the way it is

As far as you know, people liked catching glitch Mews on the G1 games.

This doesn't mean it's a good idea.
rex09 wrote:

; doesn't that mean we should keep the status quo??

No, it doesn't. See counterexample above.
rex09 wrote:

yes, i actually agree with you in that it shouldn't be in the middle of nowhere.

Then why propose it?
rex09 wrote:
does that mean that it won't be in the middle of nowhere?? absolutely not.

It never has been, and it would be a stupid idea to start, so why are your arguments against my idea based on Gamefreak doing the stupidest thing they could do apart from making Yoshi a pokemon?
rex09 wrote:
whether you believe it or not, i actually like the museum fossil reanimator.

I'm not saying you don't. Then again (a) I'm not altogether convinced you ever turned off the game, then back on to get better ivs either, and (b) I'm sure you liked catching glitch mew in G1... or would have if you knew about it. Doesn't mean it's a good idea.
rex09 wrote:

and besides, how the hell do you know it will be in a museum?? the last one was at the ruins of alph, if i'm not mistaken. and what about cinnabar??

You are mistaken, and it was a science station on cinibar - NEAR A TOWN.
rex09 wrote:

ring any bells??

And here I was thinking maybe, just maybe, I had accidentally struck too harsh a tone.
rex09 wrote:

to me, it's convenient that i can take a fossil in, and then it's ready. who else agrees??

Yes, it's CONVENIENT! EVERYONE AGREES W/ YOU! That the way they have it now makes it easy to get fossils. Too easy, as per my argument above. Appealing to the fact people like it doesn't win you any points. It just proves how LOUSY democracy is in regards to game-making. "I think there should be a cheat code!" "I think they should make the game easier!" "I wish Professor X would give me a Mew Egg!" All of these ideas are ones that might fly, democratically, but are BAD IDEAS.
rex09 wrote:

i don't like the museum idea solely because i believe it's a waste of rare candies

How is it a waste of rare candys? You don't actually have to evolve jack squat there, and they'd give you rare candies nearby to evolve them. It's a different, optional use for them, no more a waste than trading king's rock w/ a poliwhirl is a waste.

Your position isn't just wrong, it's OBVIOUSLY wrong. And I'm sick and tired of breaking my back being charitable to someone who clearly doesn't return the same consideration to me. So if you think I haven't been charitable to your position, you point out just where it is, and I'll come back and look. But if you baselessly say "Hey, everyone, democracy says every pokemon should be Mew and they should give you a thousand rare candies", then I'm going to shake my head and walk away.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:32 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

for my counters, see the PM i sent you.
now, i'll move on to something new, so as to just calm down a little.

last night, i was trying to think of a new way for pokemon to evolve, and i thought, what if they evolve by having an egg. for instance, two parents breed and have an egg. let's say they get a mark on their summary, or a ribbon or something. when they next level up, they evolve. you could even make it a way for kangaskhan to evolve, or make a whole new family for this (like the nidos, in that there's a male and a female version). anybody like this??

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:41 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
last night, i was trying to think of a new way for pokemon to evolve, and i thought, what if they evolve by having an egg. for instance, two parents breed and have an egg. let's say they get a mark on their summary, or a ribbon or something. when they next level up, they evolve. you could even make it a way for kangaskhan to evolve, or make a whole new family for this (like the nidos, in that there's a male and a female version). anybody like this??

Hm, I can dig this.
It could be some sort of maternal/paternal family. Drawing on how most animals (humans included) "move on" to a new stage of life when they bear children.
So there'd have to be male/female versions like the Nidos, yeah.
I love it!

My only problem, how would we get past only female babies, since the mom's species is what the baby will be?
Well, there's Ditto ... but I've never liked this alternative. Mainly because I think of a Nidoking with woman parts, and it creeps me out.
I think they should fix this, too. Make a couple families where the species of the baby is selected about as randomly as the gender normally is.
Know what I mean?

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

yeah, i forgot about the mother's species part.... but it would make more sense if, for instance, we have nido1 and nido2. these two belong to let's say, like a sub-family or something. when two parents in the sub-family breed, if could be either one. you know?? like when it's two certain species, then it can be 50/50 or whatever. and of course gender would still be random, if the species allows it. it definitely allows for more interesting breeding, but also makes it more complex for those trying to get a certain moveset on a certain pokemon. well, i guess you can't have everything!!! but you get the idea.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:

This is an interesting idea.

However (1) for continuity's sake, there shouldn't be any older generation pokemon that evolve in this way, and (2) unless the parent has an everstone, it should evolve in-daycare. No, normal evolutions shouldn't occur in the daycare, BUT "mother/father" evolutions should, and they might have special "hold item" evolutions that occur in the daycare as well. The old lady should say, when you return after picking up the egg, "Oh my, your X evolved into a Y while you're away. Would you like it back?".

Of course, it would also be interesting to see some (presumably new) pokemon have kids in the wild. Maybe your [insert genderless bug pokemon here] has a 1 in 10 chance of producing an egg after battle (pokemon ability? Or, preferably, not), and can't reproduce in the daycare. Then, maybe, if this occurs, the pokemon will evolve?

That said, maybe this time around they'd fix Kanga's whole "born w/ a youngling in her pouch" thing...

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:33 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

labarith wrote:

However (1) for continuity's sake, there shouldn't be any older generation pokemon that evolve in this way, and (2) unless the parent has an everstone, it should evolve in-daycare. No, normal evolutions shouldn't occur in the daycare, BUT "mother/father" evolutions should, and they might have special "hold item" evolutions that occur in the daycare as well. The old lady should say, when you return after picking up the egg, "Oh my, your X evolved into a Y while you're away. Would you like it back?".

Of course, it would also be interesting to see some (presumably new) pokemon have kids in the wild. Maybe your [insert genderless bug pokemon here] has a 1 in 10 chance of producing an egg after battle (pokemon ability? Or, preferably, not), and can't reproduce in the daycare. Then, maybe, if this occurs, the pokemon will evolve?

That said, maybe this time around they'd fix Kanga's whole "born w/ a youngling in her pouch" thing...

i agree about the part of no new pokemon evolving this way, except for maybe kangaskhan. at the the same time, i disagree with evolving in the daycare, only because some people may not want to evolve their pokemon yet. i think if this happens, there should still be the animation sequence where you can press b to cancel it. you know what i mean?? hmmm, pokemon having kids in the wild... could be interesting, but i think it'd have to be a genderless pokemon that could only do it in this way (we don't want a team of all-male or all-female pokemon to suddenly wind up with a kid.... vaguely disturbing, even if this is not what you meant), maybe as asexual reproducing?? and then, would the egg be sent to the pc (like) or somewhere else (dislike, unless you have an open slot in your party, which doesn't count)?? i only advocate the pc because in that case, as far as where it goes it should be treated like you just caught a wild pokemon.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:40 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
labarith wrote:

i agree about the part of no new pokemon evolving this way, except for maybe kangaskhan. at the the same time, i disagree with evolving in the daycare, only because some people may not want to evolve their pokemon yet. i think if this happens, there should still be the animation sequence where you can press b to cancel it. you know what i mean?? hmmm, pokemon having kids in the wild... could be interesting, but i think it'd have to be a genderless pokemon that could only do it in this way (we don't want a team of all-male or all-female pokemon to suddenly wind up with a kid.... vaguely disturbing, even if this is not what you meant), maybe as asexual reproducing?? and then, would the egg be sent to the pc (like) or somewhere else (dislike, unless you have an open slot in your party, which doesn't count)?? i only advocate the pc because in that case, as far as where it goes it should be treated like you just caught a wild pokemon.

You can't stop trade evolving, but I don't see you complaining about that. Long story short? If you don't want your guy to "daycare evolve" or "mother evolve", give them an everstone.

In the wild, they'd only give you an egg if you had an open slot (you know the drill).

Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next