It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:58 pm



Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Annoying things you hope they fix in G5 
Author Message
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:45 am
Posts: 209
Perhaps the most annoying thing about pokemon is the speech-breaks on the english translation. There is absolutely no reason I need to press "yes" like 4 times to log onto the GTS. There is no reason the old man can't, after I've picked up, say, X eggs, say "I've got another egg, want it?" Yes or no, and be done with it. And I DO NOT like the fact the lottery girl keeps asking me if I want to see my lotto number. I've had the game for a month, I know what the lotto number is, I want to draw it.

Almost all of these things could be fixed by introducing a talking threshold - IE, if it's the first, say, dozen times I've done it, he gives the greater information. If not, he gives the abbreviated (IE, 1 text break) information. Maybe - MAYBE - if you fear people are going to forget, have the option of holding "Select" (or something) while talking which will reset the "introduction countdown" to 1, such that the next time you talk to him, he'll give you the what-what.

A similar solution will greatly save time during the post-elite-4 "You won" period of the game.

I had to explain to my brother just how much time he saves by changing the text speed to fast. Apparently I need to explain to Gamefreak just how much valuable gameplay time I WASTE Because Kurt wants to chat before making my GD balls, or because Lance has to tell me how awesome I am, and all about a machine I've used 20 times before. And while we're at it, maybe I'd LIKE to give an interview one of these days...

I know, I know - it's a game. But there are just so many unnecessary text-breaks to get things you do EVERY FRICKIN DAY, or multiple times a day! Bug Contest, hatching eggs, lotto, etc. I'm just saying, out there somewhere there's someone hacking an egg to have perfect IVs. Now if I have to hatch 4 generations of pokemon X to get relatively superior or outstanding quality with less than perfect IVs, the least the old man can do is NOT ACT SURPRISED EVERY DARNED TIME HE FINDS A FRICKIN EGG.

But EVEN WORSE THAN THIS, whenever I go to SAVE THE GAME, I have to press "yes" like 3-4 times... WTF? It's pokemon, I *KNOW* I'm overwriting the old data - and even if I didn't know that, I CAN'T start a new game and save w/o wiping the old data first on this generation of games. So there is absolutely NO BENIFIT to asking me so many times if I want to save. I can see 2 times. "Do you want to save?" Yes. "Are you sure?" Yes. I know it overwrites data, don't tell me it does. I know it.

And speaking of the lottery - here's what I want to see:
1st Place - FRICKIN MASTERBALL. Max revive my ^%(^&*
2nd Place - PP_max. Nothing sucks more than wishing you got 3rd place instead of 2nd.
3rd place - PP_Up.
4th place - BALL OF THE DAY - Give me 1 special ball, corresponding to the days of the week. I mean, it's cooler than an ultra ball (even before I can actually buy ultra balls), it's better than a backdrop, AND it's not essential. Alternative, of course, is vitamin of the day with Sundays giving me a random vitamin or something.

(On topic: I hear they're fixing the weather in G5 so that it doesn't tell you it's raining, it just shows that it is. YES! HELLS YES! OMG YES! PLEASE DO!)


Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:04 am
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 6:21 pm
Posts: 3471
First place is a masterball. If you match 5 digits you get a masterball (I've got one before.) As for the text thing, I think there's so much text because the game is meant for a 7-10 year old, not older teens and adults (but I agree, the excessive text is annoying.)

The main thing I'd like to see return is Vs. Seeker. The phone is a god awful idea that BEGS for apocalypse. Why get rid of the Vs. Seeker that was so convenient in LeafGreen, FireRed, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum? There was NO REASON SoulSilver/HeartGold/Emerald didn't get the **** Vs. Seeker. How was I supposed to grind to beat Red? Beat the Elite Four 340543257034 times? Lance is just as hard as he is! I never realized how annoying the phone really was until I played HeartGold/SoulSilver. I don't need to listen to Joey rant about his top percentage Rattata, nor do I need to hear about Lyra's Marill evolving (which apparently evolves into Azumarill then devolves because she's called me more than once about it.) I guess the phone was nice to rematch against the gym leaders again, but can't they work that out some other way? p.s. Match Call is obnoxious too but not in the way the phone was in HGSS

Get rid of any method of "increasing" your chances for a shiny. I have run into four random shiny Pokemon (Zubat, Snorlax, Gastly, Gulpin) in my days of playing Pokemon and that's the way it SHOULD be. Random.

Lower the price for most of the battle tower stuff. I'm not going through BT 320548230135250319598349 times to teach my Dragonite Stone Edge and Earthquake, and getting all the power items to EV train him. This just convinces that cheating is fine.

BRING BACK THE POKEATHLON WITH NEW GAMES! (not exactly something I'd like to see fixed, but I still love the Pokéathlon :D)

_________________
Image


Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:04 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:51 pm
Posts: 616
Location: hiding in my hoenn secret base
add the vs seeker

make it so that breeding shinies gets you shinies,

like look at mendel's principals- i should have the ability to breed homozogous recessive shinies.

_________________
Veni Vidi Vici



I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.


Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:21 am
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I also say get rid of anything Increasing the chances of getting shinies, but I also say that they need to compensate cause it is really pretty much impossible to encounter shinies randomly in the wild in some games for too many people like for example, I within well over 10 files in FRLG have not encounterd a single shiny in the wild EVER & when I got my shiny starter & Lapras, I had to reset at least 27 times(the starter & Lapras thing I don't mind at all as it makes sense)...I say even if very minor, an increase in chances of randomly encountering a shiny is absolutely needed...

I also say though that the VS Seeker is needed beyond words & breeding shinies just cause the parents are shinies will actually be something I wouldn't want I mean yes I think that there should be more to shinies considering how hard they are to come by but not unlimited access to breeding them from them & I agree with the text thing as even for a game targeted to kids, it makes sure you want to do stuff a little too much & that's a fact, yes please bring back the Pokeathlon seriously & also I agree on the battle shop thing as those items are way too expensive imo, that & my record is on the line & I don't even have my desired moveset because the moves I want require me to go through what are pretty much ranked battles to get them & if I lose, it counts which end up being because of faulty movesets due to lack of TMs which they have...

I also would personally like to see the so called stupid Super Pokemon Contests just become part of the Pokeathlon Dome or something simular, Move Tutors become available way earlier I mean come on, Blackthorn City guys, really that is too late for me I mean even the standard Move Tutor that helps your pokemon relearn moves they learn by LV UP is not available til then, can't think of anything else at the moment...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:16 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:45 am
Posts: 209
[/color][/quote]
Krisp wrote:
First place is a masterball. If you match 5 digits you get a masterball (I've got one before.)

Thanks, My bad. Still, max revive is worthless. :P
Krisp wrote:
As for the text thing, I think there's so much text because the game is meant for a 7-10 year old, not older teens and adults (but I agree, the excessive text is annoying.)

Which makes sense, but after a while it gets repetative.
Krisp wrote:

The main thing I'd like to see return is Vs. Seeker. The phone is a god awful idea that BEGS for apocalypse.

The phone came back for it's homage sake (it's plot-necessary, sorry). Vs Seeker will likely return.
Krisp wrote:

Get rid of any method of "increasing" your chances for a shiny. I have run into four random shiny Pokemon (Zubat, Snorlax, Gastly, Gulpin) in my days of playing Pokemon and that's the way it SHOULD be. Random.

Poke radar sucks.
However, I'm okay with the x4 shiny breeding method. It hasn't worked for me, but whatever.
Krisp wrote:

Lower the price for most of the battle tower stuff. I'm not going through BT 320548230135250319598349 times to teach my Dragonite Stone Edge and Earthquake, and getting all the power items to EV train him. This just convinces that cheating is fine.

BP for good TMs and for tutoring is absurd. Although the Battle House gives you BP (I really want the battle house and Pokewalker to return. REALLY).
Krisp wrote:

BRING BACK THE POKEATHLON WITH NEW GAMES! (not exactly something I'd like to see fixed, but I still love the Pokéathlon :D)

I hope they do something like this. I hope they continue to have your pokemon follow you, too (maybe make it optional), but I want it to be such that you can play seperate games.

I'd also like an BF-style mode (no EVS) and an experience/EV gaining mode (trainer mode?).


Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:53 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1312
bring back the frickin' vs. seeker. the phone is the worst thing possible; if they do bring it back, no annoying ass trainers (joey and his f****** rattatta... top ten percent my @$$) and allow us to delete said annoying trainers (if there is a way, please pm me, as i've looked and haven't found anything).
personally, i like the idea of increasing the odds of getting a shiny, but even though it's easier, it's not easy. if they eliminate that stuff, bring up the odds a little bit, so that most of us will get a chance of finding a shiny. all my shinies in all of my games consist of two shiny gyarados' caught at the lake of rage. idk if this is just my bad luck, but geez i have friends who find them randomly a lot more often (which means if they have one, they qualify for this...). and breeding two shinies, while making sense according to genetics, is just not for ten year olds. come on, am i the only one who'd be freaked out by a little kid going, "well, i just got a shiny because i bred two of them and accoding to mendelian laws/theorems homozygous recessive genes for albinism (which is pretty much shinyness) equals a shiny pokemon." lol like that would happen. but that's just me. the pokeathlon was pretty fun, but for that, i wish the ds screen sensitivity was a little better; i try to flick, and nothing happens. but that could just be me.

_________________
Image


Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:50 pm
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:28 am
Posts: 507
Location: Somewhere around Fortree City, I'm sure.
As a collector, I respectfully disagree with the notion that alternative methods of acquiring shinies be done away with. On the contrary, I hope to see the Pokeradar make a return with this new generation.

_________________
~*Shiny Hunter*~

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.


Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:12 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:08 pm
Posts: 173
wi-fi battles as a whole need to be fixed.

I've mentioned this before, but they need to enable the ability to battle random people without knowing their friend code. Setting up finding someone to battle with can be extremely time consuming for a 15 minute match.

There are plenty of ways of enabling this (like during the setup of the game when first playing Pokemon, you can enable or disable random play for the younger kids).

Also on hg/ss its annoying how you can see the enemy team before the battle. Takes away some strat by knowing their pokemon.

Also allow for a disconnect during battle to automatically count as a loss for the one who disconnected and a win for the other.

_________________
Image Image Image
I'm the Ice Champ!
Smell You Later!


Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:35 pm
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 6:21 pm
Posts: 3471
Ajit wrote:
I've mentioned this before, but they need to enable the ability to battle random people without knowing their friend code. Setting up finding someone to battle with can be extremely time consuming for a 15 minute match.


While this would be convenient, fun, and make sense, it will never happen. Nintendo has always failed at life when it comes to online play (god forbid the little kids talk to strangers on the internets) and I think the closest thing we'll ever get is WiFi battle tower.

Good suggestion though, I'd love to see that happen too, but like I said, they'll never do it.

_________________
Image


Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:46 am
Posts: 1549
Quote:
Match Call is obnoxious too but not in the way the phone was in HGSS


Surely you meant to say that the other way around. At least in HGSS you aren't actually forced to take any calls, aside from the ones that progress the storyline (like Elm calling you to tell you about the pokemon getting stolen).

I want them to bring back the original Trainer House - the one from GSC - because HGSS's house sucks hard. I actually set it up on crystal so that the trainer I faced had 6 lvl 100 Chansey that only knew Pound. **** was cash.

_________________
Image


Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:23 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:39 am
Posts: 207
Location: A train of thought
Yes, they "took" it out from HGSS, but NO. MORE. MUD. I hate it. I loathe it. I detest it. I... you get it.

Safari Zone should be more balanced, and, if possible, more fun.

Bring back some of the things in Emerald's Battle Frontier. Platinum's sucked, they were all pretty ,muchg slight variations on the 3 vs. 3 matches, except for the Battle Hall, which still wasn't very spectacular.

A slight thing, I think Gym Leaders should get more involved in the story. Speaking of story, there should be a post-game super-long "side-quest", if you will.

_________________
Image


Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:48 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
searchman52 wrote:
A slight thing, I think Gym Leaders should get more involved in the story. Speaking of story, there should be a post-game super-long "side-quest", if you will.

Well, they already started doing this in the Gen 4 games so you are in luck come 5th Gen...

& also, who agrees with this one...when using items like rare candies & such, they should let you use more then one at a time like have you select the item, then a screen comes up simular to the PokeMart screen & you can increase & decrease the amount to use then press A & confirm it(cause you know they are gonna have you confirm something like this) & they are all used one by one without you having to select & use them manually one by one...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:45 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:15 am
Posts: 257
Location: Australia
I agree with Krisp. The phone thing is annoying. Usually I don't even bother picking up and just enter the nearest building to shut it up.

_________________
Wai
Image


Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:30 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1312
Lawence Codye wrote:
searchman52 wrote:
A slight thing, I think Gym Leaders should get more involved in the story. Speaking of story, there should be a post-game super-long "side-quest", if you will.

Well, they already started doing this in the Gen 4 games so you are in luck come 5th Gen...

& also, who agrees with this one...when using items like rare candies & such, they should let you use more then one at a time like have you select the item, then a screen comes up simular to the PokeMart screen & you can increase & decrease the amount to use then press A & confirm it(cause you know they are gonna have you confirm something like this) & they are all used one by one without you having to select & use them manually one by one...

for a super-long side quest, the first thing that popped into mind was the short 7 islands sidequest in FRLG. but yes, this needs to be done.
hmmm, for rare candies, i disagree; generally you only ever have 3 or 4 at a time (for younger kids; i always save mine up until the E4 to boost levels where needed) so you don't want to waste them all at once (or are you replicating rare candies, mr Lawence Codye?? lol jkjk). but you get my point. to fix this problem, though, i would create a drag-and-drop interface where you can just drag potions and such straight onto the pokemon in your party; this would save time, as you could just dragdragdrag and boom your whole party is feeling refreshed (you get what i mean, right??). same effect as what you said, pretty much. and it utilizes the ds well.

_________________
Image


Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:01 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
rex09 wrote:
hmmm, for rare candies, i disagree; generally you only ever have 3 or 4 at a time (for younger kids; i always save mine up until the E4 to boost levels where needed) so you don't want to waste them all at once (or are you replicating rare candies, mr Lawence Codye?? lol jkjk). but you get my point. to fix this problem, though, i would create a drag-and-drop interface where you can just drag potions and such straight onto the pokemon in your party; this would save time, as you could just dragdragdrag and boom your whole party is feeling refreshed (you get what i mean, right??). same effect as what you said, pretty much. and it utilizes the ds well.


Well I mentioned that for those people who use rare candies to check for IVs(I'm one of them) & the such, I know there really isn't much else use for them & I agree with you on the Drag-&-Drop interface thing as it would give further reason for one to want to use the styllus...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:21 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:45 am
Posts: 209
Lawence Codye wrote:
rex09 wrote:
hmmm, for rare candies, i disagree; generally you only ever have 3 or 4 at a time (for younger kids; i always save mine up until the E4 to boost levels where needed) so you don't want to waste them all at once (or are you replicating rare candies, mr Lawence Codye?? lol jkjk). but you get my point. to fix this problem, though, i would create a drag-and-drop interface where you can just drag potions and such straight onto the pokemon in your party; this would save time, as you could just dragdragdrag and boom your whole party is feeling refreshed (you get what i mean, right??). same effect as what you said, pretty much. and it utilizes the ds well.


Well I mentioned that for those people who use rare candies to check for IVs(I'm one of them) & the such, I know there really isn't much else use for them & I agree with you on the Drag-&-Drop interface thing as it would give further reason for one to want to use the styllus...

1. I don't like the 'drag+drop' potion system you're suggesting - most of the time it takes 1 X potion to heal your guy, and even then most of the time you probably don't want to. I can understand a shop-like threshold thing for rare candies, and vitamins, and - I suppose - potions (especially if they fix pickup. HG/SS pickup seems much fewer and farer between).
2. I think the judge was a step in the right derection for IVs, but I can see something like the wii game having a "DNA report" that tells you all the IVs and EVs. However, the wifi battle set-to-100 option does the same job as RC that you're discussing.


Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
labarith wrote:
2. I think the judge was a step in the right derection for IVs, but I can see something like the wii game having a "DNA report" that tells you all the IVs and EVs. However, the wifi battle set-to-100 option does the same job as RC that you're discussing.


But maybe some people don't two DS's or someone else to battle to check IVs or like me or maybe some people just don't have the time sometimes to battle or they don't want to have their record tarnished by those battles that are just for checking IVs...my point is that I'm just saying, it is useful & thus needed in 5th Gen imo...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:38 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1312
labarith wrote:
1. I don't like the 'drag+drop' potion system you're suggesting - most of the time it takes 1 X potion to heal your guy, and even then most of the time you probably don't want to. I can understand a shop-like threshold thing for rare candies, and vitamins, and - I suppose - potions (especially if they fix pickup. HG/SS pickup seems much fewer and farer between).

the point of the drag and drop is to save time by having multiple heals going on at the same time, rather than wasting 2-3 minutes while scrolling down, hitting a twice, selecting your pokemon, and watching the health bar go up. by doing more than one pokemon at one time, you save time. then at the end, they can still add the annoying "your pokemon have been refreshed/healed/whatever the hell it is." unless you have only one pokemon with you (like at the beginning of the game) imo this makes more sense. and, as Lawence Codye said, it gives more reason to use the stylus. plus, little kids would love it (or at least i would've when i was ten; idk about this group).

_________________
Image


Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:46 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:34 am
Posts: 226
Location: Arizona, USA
rex09 wrote:
bring back the frickin' vs. seeker. the phone is the worst thing possible; if they do bring it back, no annoying ass trainers (joey and his f****** rattatta... top ten percent my @$$) and allow us to delete said annoying trainers (if there is a way, please pm me, as i've looked and haven't found anything).


Yeah . . . correct me if I'm wrong . . . but didn't the old Silver (and probably Gold) have a "remove" feature on your phone list? Now that I think on it, I'm pretty sure it did because there was a limited number of contacts you could store - 10 I think?

_________________
Yes ... I'm 55 years old and only began playing Pokémon in '09. I may have to grow old, but I do NOT have to grow up!

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/


Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:37 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:45 am
Posts: 209
rex09 wrote:
labarith wrote:
1. I don't like the 'drag+drop' potion system you're suggesting - most of the time it takes 1 X potion to heal your guy, and even then most of the time you probably don't want to. I can understand a shop-like threshold thing for rare candies, and vitamins, and - I suppose - potions (especially if they fix pickup. HG/SS pickup seems much fewer and farer between).

the point of the drag and drop is to save time by having multiple heals going on at the same time, rather than wasting 2-3 minutes while scrolling down, hitting a twice, selecting your pokemon, and watching the health bar go up. by doing more than one pokemon at one time, you save time. then at the end, they can still add the annoying "your pokemon have been refreshed/healed/whatever the hell it is." unless you have only one pokemon with you (like at the beginning of the game) imo this makes more sense. and, as Lawence Codye said, it gives more reason to use the stylus. plus, little kids would love it (or at least i would've when i was ten; idk about this group).

Once again - who the heck uses potions in the field? And if you do, don't you use the one that heals the most most of the time? I swear, the main use I get out of potions is to increase happiness. I get into a double battle, beat the snot out of my own guy, then potion him x 20. But surely that's "cheating" in a sense (IE, a lame way of increasing happiness) and the drag and drop thing would make this "cheating" easier. Which is bad for the game.


Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:25 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1312
labarith wrote:
Once again - who the heck uses potions in the field? And if you do, don't you use the one that heals the most most of the time? I swear, the main use I get out of potions is to increase happiness. I get into a double battle, beat the snot out of my own guy, then potion him x 20. But surely that's "cheating" in a sense (IE, a lame way of increasing happiness) and the drag and drop thing would make this "cheating" easier. Which is bad for the game.

actually, after a particularly tough battle (say, the E4) then I do use them to get my party ready for the next battle. btw, sometimes i have to heal more than one pokemon, and early on, i may not have the right potion to heal all the way; in fact, since i rarely use max potions or full restores, i usually use hyper potions, which usually don't heal all the way. plus, lots of kids probably do too. and it wouldn't just be potions; you could use berries or whatever you want. that's the point. if you use it to increase your pokemon's happiness, then that's fine with me; why shouldn'tit become easier?? it's not cheating, it's actually an effective strategy. geez, sorry i actually need to use more than one potion in the field.

_________________
Image


Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:33 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:56 am
Posts: 316
Location: Raleigh, NC, USA, Earth
One thing that bothers me is that I finally caught all 493 pokemon on SoulSilver without cheating. This makes the third time I've succeeded at this task, since I have done the same thing in Diamond and Platinum. However, I only get to see my diploma ONCE! After that, the guy just says the same thing every time after you see it. At least in the Sinnoh games you can re-view it. What the hell?!

Also, easier time to get shinies would be nice. And by the way, I hope that they get rid of IVs. I know that you all may hate me, but it is a pain in the ass to breed for a specific nature, specific personality (I know that also has to do with IVs, which I don't mind if they get rid of it as well), sometimes specific ability, and then EV training which can be VERY time consuming and you have to make sure to keep count at all times. And now I just found out that you are randomly given IVs that are hidden. Isn't it enough that we go thrugh hell to make a decent team and they throw this on top of everything? God, some people do have a life outside the game that they need to get back to and not waste trying to go through all the nature and and ability crap about 100 times just to get good IVs.

-Ryan

P.S. If they're going to make it so that TMs and tutors cost so much BPs, then make receiving them a LOT easier. Seriously.

_________________
Trust hurts, betrayal kills. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uOuIxOiP9s
Time scars, love heals. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFjcwSFE38E


Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:00 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1312
actually, on hgss ryan_dan, i've been able to review my diploma for the shiny crown when i have that pokemon following me, so maybe try something like that. on the IV/EV thing, you can get through the game without it. i've never done that kind of stuff in any of my games. i think it's only application would be for competitive battling, if you ask me.
the shinies, the shinies.... someone somewhere will figure out an easier way to get them, methinks. kind of like with cloning, rng abuse, and the mass masuda method (even though that was actually revealed to us). i would prefer they keep something like chaining so that we can work to get them. but for those hardcore people (and kudos to you) who believe that we shouldn't have a way to make finding them easier, then maybe make the chaining/shiny method harder to use. am i making sense??

_________________
Image


Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:07 am
Profile
Art Commentator
Art Commentator
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 2:02 pm
Posts: 1008
Location: Tealand
Here's an idea: late in the games, when you would get the Masterball, you get to choose between the Masterball and a Colormorph Potion or something that turns one Pokemon shiny. Of course, you could still find wild shinies.

_________________
Image
Our friends' hopes and dreams are etched into its body, transforming the infinite darkness into light!
Unmatched in heaven and earth, one machine, equal to the gods!
Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann!
We're gonna show you the power of the human race!


Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:11 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 pm
Posts: 606
Location: Jagged Pass... lat 32.93, long 131.11
I love the drag-n-drop idea for in-battle healing (and out of battle for more than one, but in-battle mainly for the efficiency.)

The whole thing about the first decade of the new millennium has been 'touch screen this' and 'touch screen that'.
It seems developers have looked towards making things easier for the electronics consumer, mainly utilizing the touchscreen to avoid 'scroll & click'.
I see this as an incredibly plausible idea, and I truly hope it happens.

And just to get this out there, I sure as heck use potions on the field!
When I'm grinding, I hate having to go back to town every time my weakest team member barely scrapes through a battle.
Just sayin.

_________________
Image Image Image Image
Avatar courtesy of Magikarps_Beast


Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:21 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.