It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 WHY GEV V WILL SUCK AND ITS POKEMON ARE UNORIGINAL 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Diodon wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:
Um, Jigglypuff, I literally just cried.
Beautiful =')

I, on the other hand, writhed like a demon burned by searing light only to retreat to the shadows until such time as the power of these new creatures is revealed that I might be the hand to guide their mischief in this new and unsuspecting world. Although the powers of flame and serpent are at first recognized for their known potential one must not so easily discount the force of the unyielding tide. Cast not thine eye upon the shapeless clay and look beyond to the finished masterwork that shall stand as a monument to the glory of a new reign that no man can deny!

so, you like it and think it'll be awesome...
personally, i was really touched by the cartoon. but i still really dislike the grass-type. it just looks... so smug... (hey, everyone says they dislike mijumaru for the frown, so this is a relevant observation). in the end, however, i'll make my decision based off of the look of the final evo.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:58 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

rex09 wrote:
... in the end, however, i'll make my decision based off of the look of the final evo.

Yea, that's what I meant :)

The cartoon was cute, I'm just throwing out some sustenance for my fellow grinches :)

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:03 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Galar wrote:
;(

main reason why I don't like mijumaru so much

Because, Mijumaru has a beak and Piplup has ears, and Mijumaru has some weird scarf. That theory makes sense. Only the colors are really the same. If you look, they don't really look that close.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Savage Hunter wrote:
Galar wrote:
;(

Because, Mijumaru has a beak and Piplup has ears, and Mijumaru has some weird scarf. That theory makes sense. Only the colors are really the same. If you look, they don't really look that close.

Haven't you switched the two in those descriptions?

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:44 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The head shape, the puffy things on the base of their necks, the color schemes, the shape of their bodies.

They do look a lot like each other to me. As you said, you have to look close to notice they don't look the same.

I mean, it's okay for Pokemon to look similar, but one generation right after the other, and both belonging to the same type and the same "group" (starters)?

Not that it is bad. I think they both look adorable. It's the similarities that are a bit of a let-down. They're cute nonetheless. :3

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

You mean like {blaziken} and {infernape} ?

Not saying mijumaru and piplup look the same though.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

AceTrainer wrote:

Not saying mijumaru and piplup look the same though.

to me, the only similar thing about them is coloring and type... not the actual physical characteristics at all. if it was about color though, mudkip and tododile used similar shades of blue (i think... it's been a while since i've used either one of those).

Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:56 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
rex09 wrote:
to me, the only similar thing about them is coloring and type... not the actual physical characteristics at all.

I agree with you on this, besides, I don't really see it what's so simular in terms of physical characteristics with these 2(Piplup & Mijumaru) at all except maybe their arms which are a different color anyway...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So far all I can tell is they have the same arms, same shade of blue on the lower half, and same general shape.
Dude, who cares?
I think all three new starters have been wonderfully done, and I'm sure my love for them will only grow as their evolutions are released.
Comparing these two is like saying Turtwig is terribly unoriginal, because not only is it a SECOND Grass-type on all fours, it's another turtle (of which there were two previously created).
And seriously, Pupitar and Metapod are far too similar. Totally unoriginal.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:57 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

AceTrainer wrote:
Savage Hunter wrote:
Galar wrote:
;(

Haven't you switched the two in those descriptions?

I was being sarcastic. Saying, "Oh yeah, because piplup has ears." With sarcasm. So, yeah...

But they really don't look all that similar.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:58 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Spoinkable wrote:
So far all I can tell is they have the same arms, same shade of blue on the lower half, and same general shape.
Dude, who cares?
I think all three new starters have been wonderfully done, and I'm sure my love for them will only grow as their evolutions are released.
Comparing these two is like saying Turtwig is terribly unoriginal, because not only is it a SECOND Grass-type on all fours, it's another turtle (of which there were two previously created).

the starters are pretty good, as in general, i like them better than gen 4's starters (wth is up with chimchar, even though he evolves into a beast-mode ape). though i do think that turtles are overdone, the way they did turtwig was like squirtle meets bulbasaur, especially in the final evo. not to say that i didn't like it, but there was something up there, imo. pupitar and kakuna, if you ask me. i would've rather they had a smaller version of tyranitar or like a lairon kinda dealie for the mid-evo (the pupitar concept made little sense).
however, to judge if "its pokemon are unoriginal" we'd kinda have to see a lot more of gen v's pokemon (even though that really isn't the point of this thread....)

Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:22 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

AceTrainer wrote:

Yes. Except Blaziken and Infernape look nothing like each other. At least, not in my opinion. Mijumaru and Piplup share a lot more similar traits than the chicken and monkey.

Spoinkable wrote:

That's not what I said.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:22 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Galar wrote:
AceTrainer wrote:

Yes. Except Blaziken and Infernape look nothing like each other. At least, not in my opinion. Mijumaru and Piplup share a lot more similar traits than the chicken and monkey.

i think he meant the typing... fire/fighting. correct me if i'm wrong.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:38 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:

Wonderfully done?
One is a snake w/ arms.

One is fugly as all hell.

Now I'm sorry. We've got these, we've got to live with these. But saying they're super mega kamehameha awesome is just being a liar.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:11 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

labarith wrote:
But saying they're super mega kamehameha awesome is just being a liar.

Dictionary.com wrote:
o·pin·ion ? ?/??p?ny?n/ –noun
1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second Medical opinion.
4. Law. the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
5. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.
6. a favorable estimate; esteem: I haven't much of an opinion of him.

They're wonderful things.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

labarith wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:

Wonderfully done?
One is a snake w/ arms.

One is fugly as all hell.

Now I'm sorry. We've got these, we've got to live with these. But saying they're super mega kamehameha awesome is just being a liar.

the only one i don't like is the grass one, i wouldn't go so far as to say he's fugly. i just think he looks a little silly, not ugly. and why the hell do people keep saying it looks like a snake?!?!? i don't see it.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:38 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
rex09 wrote:
and why the hell do people keep saying it looks like a snake?!?!? i don't see it.

I thought they were saying that it was a snake which I thought was true...

& I tbh don't think that anyone of the starters are "unoriginal" as I've been hearing here & there, they are not ugly either though I just don't like some of them, like previously said, "I wouldn't go so far as to say he's fugly", he of course referring to anyone of them...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Personally i don't like Mijumaru cause it looks like a freaking snowman. im not biased toward pokemon i just think that they could have come up with something better. Pokabu looks pretty cool, it kind of reminds me of grumpig, and Tsutajaa faintly reminds me of gardevoir.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:33 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Galar wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:

That's not what I said.

I most certainly wasn't responding to the mass of people who think they copy/pasted Piplup then changed a few details.
Quite the contrary, everything I post is a direct response to you and your opinions.

On another note, I think everyone keeps saying Tsutaaja looks like a snake because that's what he was "officially" entitled,
just as Pokabu is a pig and Mijumaru is an otter.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
Galar wrote:
AceTrainer wrote:

i think he meant the typing... fire/fighting. correct me if i'm wrong.

Yeah I meant the typing. The physical characteristics are off but given the typing similarities and the 'starter' status, it kind of bugs me sometimes.

On a different but related matter, {mudkip} 's line totally reminded me of {wooper} 's line. Same typing, color, and real-world animal basis. But that could just be me.

Spoinkable wrote:
Dude, who cares?

Isn't {turtwig} the THIRD grass-type on all fours? And I think {pupitar} is more similar to {kakuna} ?

Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:22 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Spoinkable wrote:
Galar wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:

That's not what I said.

I most certainly wasn't responding to the mass of people who think they copy/pasted Piplup then changed a few details.
Quite the contrary, everything I post is a direct response to you and your opinions.

The mass of people?

Pardon my ignorance, but, as far as I can read, I am the one who brought this topic (Mijumaru is identical to Piplup) up, and I am the only one in this thread defending this opinion. Everybody else disagrees with me, so I fail to see where you're coming from.

Unless, of course, you mean random, invisible anons on the internet; in that case, you could've made yourself a little clearer.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:24 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

AceTrainer wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:
Dude, who cares?

Isn't {turtwig} the THIRD grass-type on all fours? And I think {pupitar} is more similar to {kakuna} ?

I WAS BEING AN ASSHOLE

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

sorry, spoinkable, but that wasn't very apparent....
i wonder when they'll release more pokemon for us to love/hate (whichever is your general preference)

Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:
AceTrainer wrote:

I WAS BEING AN ASSHOLE

Okay, my bad.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, sorry dudes.
I'm a verrrry sarcastic person, and I keep forgetting the interwebs with the text and all don't really allow for the necessary inflections.

I'm hoping they release some more with the upcoming "new info" bit.
At LEAST the three starter families, or the other typings on the legendary dragons.
Either of these, and I'm set for a while.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:43 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next