It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Differences Between Black/White Versions you'd like to see 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

So, what are the differences between B/W versions that you'd like to see?

To start off with, I think we should see different pokemon for each game. However, I'd like to see a lot of older pokemon be split up between the games - for example, there are PLENTY of fish for the sea (so to speak), such that it shouldn't be a problem to run into 4+ different things surfing in the ocean, with half of them being game-specific. I'd like to see ~ 5 Generation 5 pokemon exclusive to each game (not counting evolved forms), and as much as 50 generation 4 or previous pokemon exclusive to each game. For example, let's say there's a bug catching contest in this region. I'd like the kinds of bugs you can get on Black to be mostly, if not wholly, different than on White. I mean, come on... there are PLENTY of bugs out there.

Next, I'd like to see berries exclusive to given games (I don't know if this has been done before). It'll make planting berries and trading them more strategic. Of course I'm not asking for NEW berries... but I guess they could squeeze some more out of that concept.

One thing I'd really like is if certain pokemon had different movesets between the two games. For example, I imagine two pokemon - each with equal base attack and sp. attack stats. Black would have pokemon A, White pokemon B. On Black, A + B learns top notch "attack" moves, while on White they learn top notch "special attack" moves. Of course, you could trade between games to mix and match (but, really, generally speaking you stick to attack or sp. attack and don't mix). I suppose all the moves would be breedable, but for example on white A would learn firebreathing naturally, while on B it would learn fire blitz naturally.

I'd like to see several old pokemon get similar "Black = attack, white = sp. attack" (or visca versa) moves - although for the most part, I imagine these to be moves they learn early and might forget. For example, maybe Chimchar on Black at level 6 could learn ember, while on white it can learn "physical attack ember"... you wouldn't keep the move when you leveled up, but it'd be strategically important and different early in the game. Now they COULD do an "ultimate move" that's exclusive to each game (again, preferably attack VS sp. attack using move), such that to get both moves (if you wanted, which you probably wouldn't) you could either breed between games or trade one over to other and relearn the old move on that game. [Speaking of breeding between games - I think you should be able to do this. Maybe if you enter a special wifi room under the daycare; or maybe you can "drop something off" in the wifi room (leaving you with only 5 pokemon when you battle), and if you get an egg it's sent to a special sprite that appears in the pokecenter, kind of like how you get mystery gifts.

I think it'd be neat if they do version-exclusive areas. For example, maybe on one game you get a ticket to "Ice Island", and on the other you get a ticket to "Fire Island"... of course, they'd probably do a wifi event to give you the other ticket or have it unlockable for something that big. However, they could have different, minor-version exclusive areas. For example, maybe Black has a "Charcoal Refinery" while White has a "Water Refinery" - in each you'd find fire or water exclusive Tms, charcoal VS mystic Water, and etc. I'm not saying they'd be cheap, but they'd be cool. Maybe they could each have a move-tutor (moves would be breedable, of course...).

I could also see a "Verison-exclusive 2nd Rival", probably a misc. villian, who happenstancely has the 3rd starter, but appart from that whose pokemon are vastly different on-theme. For example, Black could have all-other dark pokemon, white could have all-other psychic pokemon. Maybe you could unlock the other guy via event, but only their final team.

I'd also like to see version-exclusive gift/egg pokemon. For example, I'd sort of like to see someone on black give you the option of generation 3 starters after you beat the game, while on white they could give you generation 4 starters. An event could unlock them giving you generation 1 and generation 2 respectively...
Similarly, I'd be okay with getting 1 pokemon (version specific?) in an egg on black, and a different one on white. I'm on record as saying it's be "neat" if your starter, early on, "bred" with a previous generation starter (sucks if you got a female?) that it's compatible with - maybe Black could have a given set of 3 old starters (1 for each element), while white could have a different set of 3 (again, 1 for each element).

I'd also like to see all "in-game trades" be version specific - IE, in one you'll trade for a Pidgey, in the other you'll get a Starly. There are enough pokemon out there that are functionally similar that it wouldn't unballance the games. [On this note, it'd be nice if a semi-random pokemon is generated at the beginning of the game to be traded to you at some point after you beat the elite 4... maybe something in the first 140 or so range... ]

Fri May 21, 2010 4:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

wow thats alot to think about but I dont think they will do it that way, you can hope though. It would certainly encourage more trading, so maybe Nintendo will do something like that. also what about different Events for Black/ White some are for black some for white. however this might be a problem as not everyone will buy both games, its an idea though, i dont think they will ever do that.

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Sat May 22, 2010 3:20 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
NONE of this is likely to ever happen (again in some cases) in the entire pokemon franchise but they are ideas so;

1. Different Sprites for each version

2. A promotional Pokeball that is version exclusive, 1 for Black & 1 for White

3. As probably previously stated, way more exclusive pokemon as under 10 is just sad (this not counting evolution but is counting post story pokemon)

4. Different attire (or attire coloration) for protagonist trainers based on version (seeing as customizable clothing is not going to happen I see)

5. Minor environmental differences based on verison (seeing as they most likely didn't do the environment changing based on phase of day thing I brought up in another topic)

6. Lastly, More of a story difference based on version (not just the legendary battle please!)

I'm done now, I actually would like 2. & 3. & probably 4. though but the others are pure brainstorming & nothing more, well 1. was kind of me being ignorant but whatever...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat May 22, 2010 4:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I whole-heartedly agree with being able to visit different places in each game.
Obvioulsy, plot points and Gym Towns would be the same; but caves, routes and maybe some islands/towns or something would be different.

Or maybe some Gym towns would be different?
They could easily pull this off. Zelda's been doing it for years.

Sat May 22, 2010 8:44 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah...& based simply off the premise that I am not buying the fact that the versions up to HGSS were really any different then each other except for maybe Ruby & Sapphire...I need to see more of a difference between the games & what better to change without effecting too much then the available locations or the look of those locations for each version differently...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Wed May 26, 2010 1:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:
NONE of this is likely to ever happen (again in some cases) in the entire pokemon franchise

this

i do like some of the ideas, about the different coloration ideas for the outfit (and i'm glad someone finally agrees about the custom clothing). however, i disagree with the different balls for each version. it would have to be aesthetic or realease animation specific only, as if it was function, then you'd see people complaining about it...
the plot points thing makes sense, as ruby/sapphire was the only one, with the diff being land v. water. even then, though, it would have been cooler if say, the team succeeded (gasp) and you have to go find the pokemon of your version (i'll go with this example being sapphire; magma uses groudon to make more land, and you have to go find kyogre to restore the balance). i know that's kinda backwards/weird, but it's something.
what i would like to see:
1. different animations for pokemon
2. i want different teams to return; let's face it, magma and aqua were awesome (though not remotely evil...)
3. different gym layouts/teams/trainers for each version.
and some of the stuff mentioned by others.

Wed May 26, 2010 2:15 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

@ rex09 = I agree with your (1.) a little & your (3.) alot &...about my suggestion for a different version exclusive PokeBall, 1 for each version...I don't want the PokeBall to actually work any different depending on the version, just want it to look different Artwork & maybe even special effects wise...like the Black Version one could have a black & gray color scheme to it & have maybe black lightning effects when releasing & returning the pokemon to & from it respectively & the White Version one could have a white & yellow or white & sky blue(I don't know) color scheme to it & have maybe a sky blue invigorating light effect when releasing & returning the pokemon to & from it respectively (these are just examples which I'm sure if they went ahead & went forward with this would be way better then I'm talking about maybe...)

Wed May 26, 2010 8:48 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:
@ rex09 = I agree with your (1.) a little & your (3.) alot &...about my suggestion for a different version exclusive PokeBall, 1 for each version...I don't want the PokeBall to actually work any different depending on the version, just want it to look different Artwork & maybe even special effects wise...like the Black Version one could have a black & gray color scheme to it & have maybe black lightning effects when releasing & returning the pokemon to & from it respectively & the White Version one could have a white & yellow or white & sky blue(I don't know) color scheme to it & have maybe a sky blue invigorating light effect when releasing & returning the pokemon to & from it respectively (these are just examples which I'm sure if they went ahead & went forward with this would be way better then I'm talking about maybe...)

yeah, that makes sense. i was thinking along the same lines.
you know, maybe if they change the storylines up a little between the two, they could each have two exclusive legends. only one mascot, but maybe a couple of legends for each (like if we remade d/p in this manner, dialga/giratina and palkia/other-that-is-similar-to-giratina). they don't both have to be part of the story, but it could work...
so, how come you didn't like #2?? that one was my favorite (though i didn't really like how one helped you, and the other was against; i just liked two teams, two legends against each other). plus, it was one of the reasons i liked hoenn so much...

Thu May 27, 2010 1:10 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Tbh rex09, I liked 2. but not as much as the other 2 I mean yes I would love if they brought back multiple bad guy teams but I myself hated dealing with Team Aqua/Magma cause Diving was **** & boring & they weren't emphasized enough in regards to their pokemon, story differences or even their methods which were the same(booo)...I would want the teams this time to fix all of this or no thank you I mean I like having more bad guys but I actually want to have more bad guys, not people that are just there to help me beat the greater of 2 evils, that doesn't translate in Pokemon games well to me...

Thu May 27, 2010 5:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:
Tbh rex09, I liked 2. but not as much as the other 2 I mean yes I would love if they brought back multiple bad guy teams but I myself hated dealing with Team Aqua/Magma cause Diving was **** & boring & they weren't emphasized enough in regards to their pokemon, story differences or even their methods which were the same(booo)...I would want the teams this time to fix all of this or no thank you I mean I like having more bad guys but I actually want to have more bad guys, not people that are just there to help me beat the greater of 2 evils, that doesn't translate in Pokemon games well to me...

yeah, i get what you're saying (tho personally i liked diving, but i can understand where it would be incredibly tedious to some, not to mention unrealistic). yeah, maybe we could have our character get mixed up in a fight between two of the teams, like between galactic and rocket. but which version of the game you get decides which team you eventually help/side with... but then that would bring back problems with one helping, the other hurting... So this'll probably be yin/yang stuff, rite?? i wonder what the bad guys'll do this time around...

Thu May 27, 2010 6:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:

what i would like to see:
1. different animations for pokemon
2. i want different teams to return; let's face it, magma and aqua were awesome (though not remotely evil...)
3. different gym layouts/teams/trainers for each version.
and some of the stuff mentioned by others.

1. I don't like this idea... mainly because I'd rather they put this effort elsewhere. However, it's not unlikely.
2. I don't like the idea of different teams... BUT, I *DO* like the idea of different rivals. For example, maybe there's different a "team rocket" rival per game - and you can unlock the rival's final team and the other thing late in the game.
3. Different trainers? I don't see why they need to do this. However, I am an advocate of "custom" trainers - specifically those who you trade pokemon too. I want them to raise the pokemon you traded (in relationship to how many steps you walk) and face you again w/ that pokemon later in the game.
I also want different in-game trades per game, and more "general" trades like "I'd like any water pokemon for my magmar", etc.

Fri May 28, 2010 11:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:

4. Different attire (or attire coloration) for protagonist trainers based on version (seeing as customizable clothing is not going to happen I see)

so in black you get black latex and white you get white stuff??

i like it.

back on track: just substantial different pokemon so it feels worth it to buy two games.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:36 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I would really like to see a slightly different story line. they did it in Ruby and Saphire (team magam/aqua) which i liked, it wasn't too different but not too similar. Maybe some of the version exclusive pokemon could tie in to this. Like lets say Pokemon White has team sky (flying-type) and pokemon Black has team earth (ground-type) so then a pokemon white exclusive pokemon could be Ice-type, and black could have a grass-type.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:13 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

If they added a Battle Revolution style outfit customiser, I would be very happy. You could buy the clothes at the Department Store in Isshu.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

building off of what Blaziken_is_Kool said, maybe we could have different HMs to go with different teams/plots. like maybe rock climb for magma, then dive for aqua (in RSE).

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mektar wrote:
If they added a Battle Revolution style outfit customiser, I would be very happy. You could buy the clothes at the Department Store in Isshu.

That'd be pretty cool.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:40 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

KingErick wrote:
back on track: just substantial different pokemon so it feels worth it to buy two games.

Now there's a topic: Why buy both games? I buy them mainly for box space, not so much legendaries and version-exclusive pokemon.

Now, if the double (or triple) the box space, I might have less reason to buy both games. Which is why they should do version-exclive cool things, like version-exclusive mini-quests, etc.

That said, YES, I want to be able to figure out what game you have by looking at your first elite 4 team, even after a few trades.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, I'm getting neither game. I'm actually gonna wait out for the third version.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gallade Roxas wrote:
Well, I'm getting neither game. I'm actually gonna wait out for the third version.

lol i don't have that kind of patience, so i'm just gonna go with white as i like zekrom better. now, if you can get both in both games (doubtful) and black has better version-exlusives, then i'm gonna go for it. but i think this time around, unless i just really like the plot, i'll probably just get one of them. but i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Gallade Roxas wrote:

You're right, I got Diamond, but when Platinum came out, I was really jealous of my friend that got it when I introduced him to pokemon. I never got to battle him though, because he moved.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:13 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, I worked so hard and I had to make a deal with my dad to get Diamond... and then comes Platinum.

After that, I made an agreement in my head that from now on, I shall wait for the third version.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:49 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Gallade Roxas wrote:

Somebody appriciates your sacriface...I should do this but I like to get every version every Gen(since the 4th Gen anyway) to have multiple adventures at one time & to also compare them...

Mektar wrote:

That would be amazing though I just would hope in a case like this that I don't have to wait too long to get to a Department Store which is usually the case...

Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:44 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Glad you agree. Then you wouldn't have to battle clones of yourself if a same-gendered friend of yours has the same game. XD

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:42 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Mektar wrote:
Glad you agree. Then you wouldn't have to battle clones of yourself if a same-gendered friend of yours has the same game. XD

Yeah & to be honest, it really "grinds my gears" when I see the same person all the time...

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

IMO, Battle Revolution was very limited with having only three models with each gender.

EDIT: Wow, I really screwed up that post.

Last edited by Gallade Roxas on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next