It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Purpose? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well,no idea if anyones said this before but dont you think its suspicious that in ALL generations of pokemon so far there is a cloning 'glitch'? Theres the (just) item clone in red and blue. theres the PC-change box one in gold and silver...there is the battle tower one in emerald and finaly the GTS one in diamond and pearl. im JUST saying this but...maybe they were put there purposly? What are the odds of them screwing some programming up in each generation and ending up with the same glitch?

I dont want people firing off below and saying why they wouldnt. Just, post what you think about this...

{darkrai}

Thu May 13, 2010 8:30 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't believe there's a conspiracy among Gamefreak...

I'm betting on a combination of mistakes, simply not realizing the problem, perhaps a few sneaky programmers, and foremost, just simply not being able to figure out how to prevent it. I mean as far as I understand on DPP, with the GTS, it can't be helped that pokemon are clonable. To my understanding, basically it uploads the pokemon at one point (just a bunch of code) and then deletes the code from your pokemon. Therefore, if you shut it off before it deletes the info off of yours... CLONE. Therefore... can't be helped.

Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah but thats just what im saying, take emerald for example. Trying to do the same glitch on the battle tower in d/p...doesnt work does it. Could it be the programmings different? or they fixed it? Or they just found a way around it in general? Oh wait. a 'glitch' with the same effects turns up in the GTS. Hmm, sorry but it's a bit of a coincidence, especially since the three different ways of cloning (just pokeon) are basically unrelated and then the same RESULTS turn up in the following generation with different cause. it's a little odd...

Thu May 13, 2010 1:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

see, what i want to know is who the hell spends the time looking for stuff like that... it's not like the programmers just come out and say, "oh, btw, if you do this and this and this, you'll have a clone." i kno some of it happens by mistake, but srsly... and, like ajit said, it's probably just a legit series of mistakes. tho lol missingno is the most epic glitch in the history of ever.

Sun May 23, 2010 1:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
see, what i want to know is who the hell spends the time looking for stuff like that... it's not like the programmers just come out and say, "oh, btw, if you do this and this and this, you'll have a clone." i kno some of it happens by mistake, but srsly... and, like ajit said, it's probably just a legit series of mistakes. tho lol missingno is the most epic glitch in the history of ever.

And what i was saying was, how on earth can they have the same result of an 'accident' (clone) through different methods. Yeah, makes sense if the 'mistake' had different outcomes but yeah...the same in a few generations. A bit of a 'coincidence'.

Mon May 24, 2010 8:08 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Yeah but thats just what im saying, take emerald for example. Trying to do the same glitch on the battle tower in d/p...doesnt work does it. Could it be the programmings different? or they fixed it? Or they just found a way around it in general?

That is strong evidence against a deliberately inserted cloning glitch. If the programmers wished players to be able to clone, they would have allowed the cloning in the Battle Tower to continue; instead, they removed it.

The fact is that every program has exploits, combinations of user actions that will produce an unintended result. (For example, take the walking on water in Sootopolis City glitch). Because a cloning glitch is so useful, many people will be looking for that particular type of exploit. There are probably many other small glitches that players simply haven't found yet, because they aren't looking for them.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Mon May 24, 2010 8:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sion9 wrote:
That is strong evidence against a deliberately inserted cloning glitch. If the programmers wished players to be able to clone, they would have allowed the cloning in the Battle Tower to continue; instead, they removed it.

The fact is that every program has exploits, combinations of user actions that will produce an unintended result. (For example, take the walking on water in Sootopolis City glitch). Because a cloning glitch is so useful, many people will be looking for that particular type of exploit. There are probably many other small glitches that players simply haven't found yet, because they aren't looking for them.

exactly, I was just about to say this. The reason there have been glitches found for them is because there are some overly-dedicated players who search for them. I'm sure there are tons of things that you can do to your game that are "glitches" but they won't do anything more useful then automatically freezing your game.

Mon May 24, 2010 1:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]