It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Best Power level area. 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ok so Im on my first go round with the elite four, I beat them all with the exception of Lance, and with Lance I beat 3 out of 6, and to be honest that was just luck >.>

Most of my pokemon are under but around lvl 40 (38-40)

so Im looking for a good spot to power level them so I can beat the pants off lance.

Any help is appreciated.
Tanks gaiz :D

Sun May 23, 2010 5:10 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

To be honest, one of your best options against Lance is the Red Gyarados. He starts at a fairly high level and can take on lance the moment he learns Dragon Dance at level 43. It'll take you about 4 Hyper Potions (even if Lance's starting Gyarados crits), but once you get him to 6 Dragon Dances, you'll tear through everything Lance can throw at you with Ice Fang, Waterfall, and Strength.

A perfect place to train that Gyarados would be Victory Road, because almost everything in there is OHKO'd by either Ice Fang or Waterfall, and the odd Ursaring is crippled by Intimidate.

If you don't want to go thorugh all that, just head South of Victory Road and defeat all the trainers, followed by wild anything in Victory Road.

Sun May 23, 2010 10:01 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well see I was using the Red Gyarados, although at the time it was about 39 >.>

Thats actually how I beat his lvl 50 Dragonite, with Hyper potions and Ice Fangs, I used my Ampharos on his Gyarados and on his Aerodactyl, which oddly, being rock/flying was weak to Electricity. -shrugs-

Anyway after he sent out his lvl 49 Dragonite I was out of Potions and pretty much toast after that.

But Ill use that tip thanks :D

Sun May 23, 2010 2:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Best way to get experience
1. Spend all your money on Full restores and or revives
2. then just keep battling your pokemon againest the elite 4
3.I got My entire team up to lvl 80 by doing this

Sun May 23, 2010 3:18 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thats actually....a really great Idea. I thought about doing it, but I didnt want my pokemon's Happiness level to suffer for.

Sun May 23, 2010 4:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Are you kidding
fighting the elites counts as a special happiness booster each time your pokemon fights an elite its happiness is rasied 1-3 pts,
plus when they do level up their happiness is boosted 2-5 pts,
When they faint they only lose 1 pt
so if you have soothe bell no matter what you'll only increase there happiness
with out it you will draw even every time.

Sun May 23, 2010 6:10 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

/vXv\ wrote:
Are you kidding
fighting the elites counts as a special happiness booster each time your pokemon fights an elite its happiness is rasied 1-3 pts,
plus when they do level up their happiness is boosted 2-5 pts,
When they faint they only lose 1 pt
so if you have soothe bell no matter what you'll only increase there happiness
with out it you will draw even every time.

Are you kidding
Winning a battle, even with an elite, does not affect happiness.
Gaining a level only ever increases happiness by two points, unless you have a soothe bell, then it is six.
The only other things that affect happiness are items, massages, and fainting.

Sun May 23, 2010 7:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
Affecting Happiness Positively

There are only a certain number of ways you can affect your Pokemon's happiness, and each way has less of an effect as your Pokemon gains more happiness. Giving your Pokemon a Soothe Bell will increase the rate at which their happiness rises by 50%, and Pokemon caught with a Luxury Ball will get double the regular points when you level-up, walk, or use them in an important battle. Anyway, here are all the methods of affecting happiness:

Raising Happiness:

Walk 256 steps with the Pokemon in your active Party. (+1 for all happiness values)
Give the Pokemon Vitamins [HP Up, Carbos, Iron, Protein, Calcium, Zinc, PP Up] (+5 0-99, +3 100-199, +2 200-254)
Usage in Important Battle [Gym Leaders, Elites, Champion] (+3 0-99, +2 100-199, +1 200-254)
Level Up the Pokemon (+5 0-99, +3 100-199, +2 200-254 per level)
The Haircut Brothers in Goldenrod City can raise your Pokemon's happiness between 1 and 10 points depending on your Pokemon's reaction after the haircut

This is directly from the Psypoke Psylab Heres a link
Why on earth would I make up something like this?

Sun May 23, 2010 8:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

/vXv\ is right Ive looked that topic up before too.

Mon May 24, 2010 11:33 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

are you playing hg or ss?? if ss, then lugia, ampharos, and gyarados make a nice lance-crusher. lugia for charizard and aerodactyl, ampharos for gyarados, and gyarados for the dragonites. you could sub gyarados for lugia, but i found that i need a lot hyper potions and revives if i rely on only one pokemon for too long. oh, or feraligatr if you picked it. but for training, i'd just follow /vVv\'s suggestion.
EDIT: for anyone who looks here later, i also trained my typhlosion at ice cave, as if an onix/graveler got a lucky shot in, it could be bad mojo for my buddy.... so, ice cave works. just takes time, is all. (and why the hell are there no high-levelled wild pokemon in johto?!?!?)

Last edited by rex09 on Wed May 26, 2010 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 24, 2010 1:14 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Im playing HG, but I did finally defeat lance using a combo of my Espeon, Gyarados and Ampharos as well as several hyper potions and full restores.

Thanks for all your help :D

Mon May 24, 2010 5:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Glad you guys had this discussion -- I was getting ready to hit the 'leet 4 soon, but the only pokémon I have at lv 50 is my Scyther (Ginsu). Think I'll spend some more time levelling. Besides, I've got some others I want to level up so they'll evolve.

As for where to level up (for those who come to this thread after this) - the big grass patch outside of the Safari Zone is pretty good. The critturs there have levels in the mid 20's, so you can beat them without too much damage to your own, and still get pretty good exp. points. There is also a small patch of grass on Rt. 44 (surf north from the bridge with the fisherman on it). Also, Rt 45 is good for levelling water types as there are a LOT of Geodudes and Gravellers along there -- though they like to use Self Destruct (a move which I detest, BTW -- in pokémon other than mine :-) ).

Just my thoughts on it . . . there are undoubtedly others (see above) with more experience than I.

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Tue May 25, 2010 2:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]