It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 The Name You Wanted 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

In this thread, you post your original name and the name you wanted instead of the one you got now. If you don't wanna post your real name, that's okay. Like, my name is Joshua. I kinda like the name but it's the nickname my aunt calls me(Ain't gonna share) The I wanted was either Hunter or Ray. I love those 2 names! So what about you? What name did you always wanted?

Wed May 19, 2010 8:00 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

My mother named me something pretty stupid. Actually my entire name sucks, and my cruel family/peers have made up really mean nicknames for it in the past. I won't say what it is, but I will say I wish my mom named me something unique or cool, like um...Alex. or Taylor.

By the way pokemon_god, my little brother's name is Joshua too. My mom was stupidly obsessed with some soap opera before we were born, and she claimed she was going to name her first son Joshua, and she actually went through with it.

Wed May 19, 2010 8:15 am
Profile WWW
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Sometimes when I hear non-conventional names that I deem epically awesome, in movies, literature and the like (such as Slartibartfast), I'll say "I wish that was my name!" Though, in the end, I am satisfied with my name (Benjamin), so I have no lasting qualms.

Also Krisp, I <3 your name, I don't know why you don't. :(

Wed May 19, 2010 12:28 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I like my name, which is Max. Nothing more nothing less. I have gotten some half decent nicknames such as Mac (by my late grandfather who never got my name right so it became a running joke in my family) Massimo (which is the Italian variant of my name) and Maximillion. After reading the Divine Comedy I wish my name was something cool from that time period like Dante.

Wed May 19, 2010 2:24 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I absolutely never tell anyone my real name, but I will say the following about my real name...

First Name
I really wish I had a better name cause my name is so rare & does not suit me very well imo but have no idea what I would want it to be except maybe Lawence(as spelled here) since it's my username & all...
Middle Name
I don't care about middle names so I am alright with this one but why use my Uncle's first name?
Last Name
It's the family name so I have no right to care though by chance it could have been Nixon but not too likely...
nickname - Red
WTF is this **** about, I want a nickname like Green or some nickname a girl gives a younger cute boy they happen to know (oh god please do this in the future)

I plan to change my name in the future, though tbh I might just wait to become a celebrity(in the gaming industry of course) & use Lawence Codye as my celebrity name...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Eh, despite it being ridiculously common, I'm okay with being named Michael. I just wish everyone would stop spelling "Micheal" because it's wrong.

I wonder if Frost has the same problem...

Also my mom originally wanted to call be Shawn. I look nothing like a Shawn and am thankful she changed her mind for whatever reason. I think it was something about how I had dark hair. I dunno.

Wed May 19, 2010 9:01 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I guess I'm okay with my name. Like they say in Romeo and Juliet, there's nothing in a name. My parents were going to name me Griffin, but changed their minds at the last second. I would've liked being Griffin, but I bet if I were named Griffin, I would want to be named something else.

You always want what's on the other side of the fence.

http://obeliskgfx.wordpress.com

Wed May 19, 2010 9:05 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I'm a Tim and I'm incredibly disappointed with my name. It's pretty much the dictionary definition of 'mediocre'. Three dull, miserable letters. It also happens to be one of the most common boy's names these days.

What would I have preferred? Alex is also ridiculously common, but it's got more charisma to it, especially if you use the full Alexander. I also have a thing for Maximilian. Possibly even taking my middle name and changing it a little (Steven -> Stefan) would be preferable.

What particularly irks me is that there's nothing in my full name to acknowledge any of my German family. I mean, literally half my relatives including my dad are Germans and my parents couldn't even give me a nice Kraut middle name or something.

Fri May 21, 2010 9:00 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

My first name is Joshua, but I go by Josh. Honestly, I don't think I would change this. If I absolutely had to, I would choose Cyrus because the name has a special meaning for me.

Anthony is my middle name. Apparently, it means "flower", which I'm not at all ashamed of. Ever since I was a child, I've loved flowers. My childhood neighbors had a huge wall of flowers that I would run outside to smell of every day. You could say I'm quite fond of plants and flowers in general.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Fri May 21, 2010 9:44 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well my name is Arthur self explanatory to why i would dislike the name but i love my name and i wouldn;t change it for the world. But if i had to i would go with something like Xavier,Thomas or Jason

Sat May 22, 2010 8:31 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'm glad to be a Joseph, because I really like being called Joey. I don't mind being called Joe, but I prefer Joey much more. Y is a kickass letter to end your name on.

If I was a girl though, I woud've liked Claire to be my name.

Sun May 23, 2010 2:31 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My real name is Chris (Christopher), my middle name and last name I'm not saying. I like my names and my last name ties them all together nicely. I wouldn't change it because I can't/don't really like any other names other than my brothers' names.

Sun May 23, 2010 5:05 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

This square represents my middle (first piece), first (middle piece), and last (third piece) names. Yes, all 3 are colors. One thing I like about my full name is it's so unique (how many kids have you met with ALL colors in their name?!) It still doesn't stop me from disliking my first name though. It's so...blah. I'd rather my name be a better color like Red or Green. or Blue.

Sun May 23, 2010 5:29 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@Krisp: If that post is actually true in anyway and not just you being silly, I'm going to guess your name is Amber? I can't think of anything else that could mean.

My name's Adam, and the only reason I ever want that to change is because of the damn Bible jokes. I get it; Adam was the first man on Earth. Now drop it. In all honesty, I'm okay with my name, but I think it would be cool to have something really weird as a name. Like Omega (the Greek letter, not the word), Crash, or Fourteen. I know a family who no lie named their kid H. Just the letter H. Crazy.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sun May 23, 2010 1:18 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Emin Jofit wrote:
@Krisp: If that post is actually true in anyway and not just you being silly, I'm going to guess your name is Amber? I can't think of anything else that could mean.

My name's Adam, and the only reason I ever want that to change is because of the damn Bible jokes. I get it; Adam was the first man on Earth. Now drop it. In all honesty, I'm okay with my name, but I think it would be cool to have something really weird as a name. Like Omega (the Greek letter, not the word), Crash, or Fourteen. I know a family who no lie named their kid H. Just the letter H. Crazy.

That poor kid...I feel so sorry for him.

I would kill to change my middle name from Susan to Felicity. I do like my first and last names though (and I'm not sharing so don't ask).

Sun May 23, 2010 1:38 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Krisp wrote:

This square represents my middle (first piece), first (middle piece), and last (third piece) names. Yes, all 3 are colors. One thing I like about my full name is it's so unique (how many kids have you met with ALL colors in their name?!) It still doesn't stop me from disliking my first name though. It's so...blah. I'd rather my name be a better color like Red or Green. or Blue.

Pink Amber Brown? O_o

Sun May 23, 2010 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Maybe it's Rose, not brown.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun May 23, 2010 2:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I am indifferent towards my name. If I was given the option though I'd use my Asian name (which is my middle name), just because it rolls off the tongue better, and it's more exotic.... My first name is common but not widespread so I guess it's one of those names that you recognise but not know a lot of people with it. I do wish my last name was more exciting though. But then again theres not much variety when you're asian

Sun May 23, 2010 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Registeel_Rocks wrote:
I'm glad to be a Joseph, because I really like being called Joey.

Also this way I can say I know two Joey's that have a hot sister.

Mon May 24, 2010 11:10 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

shinashu taji wrote:
Registeel_Rocks wrote:
I'm glad to be a Joseph, because I really like being called Joey.

Also this way I can say I know two Joey's that have a hot sister.

True dat.

My father wanted to call me Xerxes. My twin brother was named before me, and this was the only serious name given at the time until my older brother said, "Let's name him Matthew!" Apparently, my mother thought this was so cute, she wouldn't budge from the suggestion, and it ultimately decided my final name. If I were a girl, my name was going to be Amanda and my brother Megan.

DragonPhoenix wrote:
If I was given the option though I'd use my Asian name (which is my middle name), just because it rolls off the tongue better, and it's more exotic...

From what race or nationality does your family have origins?

Wed May 26, 2010 12:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

We're vietnamese....

On another note, I wish people (mainly foreigners) would stop mispronouncing my name. They always pronounce it as the female equivalent. I always get annoyed correcting people.

Sun May 30, 2010 6:20 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

My parents named me Sean because they like Sean Connery, I mean lol wat, seriously, Biggie Smalls is way better

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:13 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My real name is Patrick. I used to dislike it, but I didnt have any real reason, just that I wanted a different name..like Aster Phoenix x_x
I like it now though, and it's gotten me the nickname Patchy somehow, but if I had to change my name I'd probably change it to Keith.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:01 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Krisp wrote:

Hmm... Amber Rose Brown? Is that your name?
Anyways, I'm satisfied with my name except for my very common first name

Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I like Danny, Dan/Daniel not so much, but I tend to get called Dan by people who've known me longer and Danny by those who haven't. Daniel by my family cause I made a big fuss over it as a kid, when I thought 'Dan' was inproper :p

If I got to pick any name other than my own, it would be James/Jamie, the first of which is my middle name, and was always my name.

More than that change though, I hate my surname. It just, isn't cool. At all ): Its Bowen. I'd go for like, anyone elses surname but that.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next