It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Guide to the Voltorb Flip game 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

rex09 wrote:
okay, so no winning streak is necessary?? i could really just play 5,000 games in a row to get to lvl seven (i don't actually suck that much, just hypothetical lol) and as long as i flipped eight cards i'd go to lvl eight?? or did i misinterpret again?

No you didn't - that is what Silith said.
But apparently she's wrong. Flipping eight cards and passing level 7 is not a guarantee of reaching level 8. I tried it myself, without success.

It looks like Level 8 can be reached either by beating level 7 with eight cards flipped over, or by winning five games in a row - but advancing to level 8 is random either way.

Fri May 21, 2010 1:29 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

hmmm, okay. so you have to satisfy the conditions and get lucky... well, at least i didn't misinterpret this time!!!! lol

Fri May 21, 2010 5:03 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I have finally added the prize list! :D

I think the guide is just about finished now.

Sat May 22, 2010 12:46 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Flipping 8 cards prior to winning level 7 ALWAYS got me to level 8. Note that the card that makes you win does NOT count! Just like a voltorb doesn't count when you drop levels. So effectively you need to flip 9 to get to level 8.

Sun May 23, 2010 12:34 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Silith wrote:
Note that the card that makes you win does NOT count! Just like a voltorb doesn't count when you drop levels.

I see what you mean... it's the number of cards you flip over before you flip the one that ends the level.

But, again, I flipped 9 cards with no success... :?

When I tested your theory, I counted - when I beat level 7, the number of cards I had flipped over was 10.
In other words, I flipped over 9 cards before flipping over the last one. No advance... :(

Mon May 24, 2010 12:36 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

but Silith also said that there's a random chance earlier.... so maybe that's playing into it?? why don't you try looking at the hgss guide (like at barnes and noble, don't have to buy it, just look at it) and see what it says about voltorb flip??

Mon May 24, 2010 1:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

At first, I was irritated that they replaced the slot machines with this coin game. But I've begun to enjoy Voltorb Flip recently and become very good at it. Heck, I even perfer it to the slot machines at this point. I always did kinda like games that required skill over games that required luck.

I also feel somewhat proud that I figured out the whole thing myself without any guides or anything.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

that game stinks but this should help alot

Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:37 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I scored another win on Level 8 recently. :D

I've now become accustomed enough to the game to stop using the marking system. I can work it out in my head now, although the marks are always useful for those who aren't used to the game yet.

I have reached Level 8 several times now - always by getting five wins in a row, but not every time I've won five in a row. The advance to the bonus level seems to happen more often than not in the event of five successive wins. But if I lose on Level 8, I am downgraded to level 7 even if I had already uncovered more than eight cards.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

so if you beat level seven five times in a row, you can get back up to eight?? or does it need to be five different levels??

Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:05 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey its cool that you made this guide, its really helpful and it just so happens that I was just looking for a good Voltorb Guide the other night.
I definitely feel that your guide is by far the best at explaining everything. I just started playing and I'm still dealing with tough luck though.

I found this game to be most frustrating because I'm new to competitive battling strategy and I would really like to make a Baton Pass + Substitute team and since Voltorb Flip is my only option to get TM90 in HG/SS its a little frustrating that I have to get good at a game I'd rather just avoid.

I'm sure that I'll get as good at it as you guys though after some time. So far, it takes me a couple hours to rake in 1,000 coins which really boils my water.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

An update was called for when, for the first time, I earned a reward of 3,456 Coins from beating level 8.
The points range for levels 4 and 5 has also had to be adjusted.

So after all this time, I'm still working out the little details. :? Sorry for posting so long after the last message...

Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:26 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I managed to get to level 8..... WOOO HOOO..... but it was hard.... I had like 4 spaces left that I had no clue about so i decided to try my luck and hit a voltorb..... :( but I still got to level 8.... Yay

Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

can someone confirm that you need to get 4 coins or higher to stay at level 4 etc, and need to have 3 to only decrase to level 3 from 4?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

kjalabama wrote:
can someone confirm that you need to get 4 coins or higher to stay at level 4 etc, and need to have 3 to only decrase to level 3 from 4?

Yeah, it's true. I've played the game a lot, and the info in this guide is accurate. However many you flip over determines what level (if any) you drop to when losing.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5