It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 2010 Video Game Championships Return 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Attention members,

The Pokemon 2010 Video Game Championships have been announced on the official website. The rules have been posted, but no dates or locations. Does anyone have any guess when they will do that?

-Ryan

Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:18 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I will naturally assume that they will have them up within the next few days to a week. Again I say if they are a reasonable distance away from me I will take a road trip to go participate.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:39 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
*sign*...once again, I'm not participating in this...unfortunetely...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
*sign*...once again, I'm not participating in this...unfortunetely...

unless they are in la im stuck like you :(

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I never get anything down here. I live in Atlantic Canada. No Championships, Not even any events. Don't get me wrong, We have Toys'R'Us down here, but the closest one is like 3 hours away, and they don't do the events there. And we have Gamestop (EB Games, a division of Gamestop) But they don't even do the events there either. I went and asked and they looked at me like I was stupid.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:10 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryanh181 wrote:
I never get anything down here. I live in Atlantic Canada. No Championships, Not even any events. Don't get me wrong, We have Toys'R'Us down here, but the closest one is like 3 hours away, and they don't do the events there. And we have Gamestop (EB Games, a division of Gamestop) But they don't even do the events there either. I went and asked and they looked at me like I was stupid.

This is just not right...if the stores are down there they should at least hold the events...meh...

KingErick wrote:

...wat, I meant because of the fact that they aren't having this event near my location as usual...I really wanted to try to obtain that Shiny Milotic that was given out via a previous tornament that had a title simular to VGC...heh...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:43 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ryanh181 wrote:

How is "down here" a refence to canada? as your north of almost all of america, beside I pretty sure that the toys r us and are USA event not north america. I know this because when I visited Alaska (I live in Massachussetts) I did a download event there.

Quote:
Pokemon 2010 Video Game Championships have been announced on the official website
also Could someone post a link to this site.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:57 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

/vXv\ wrote:
also Could someone post a link to this site.

The main pokemon site?...all you need to type in is Pokemon.com...

But here's the link since I agree it should be posted regardless = http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/op_regionals10-2010-04-06/

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have a habit of saying "down here", I didn't literally mean South. Also, I know they are North American, but the local Gamestops and Toys'R'Us just don't do it.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The dates and locations have been posted! A friend of mine is riding with me to the Atlanta, GA one, and I am going to compete in a Pokemon Video Game Championship for the first time after over 10 years of trying to make it!

-Ryan

Mon May 10, 2010 1:28 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

LawenceCodye wrote:
KingErick wrote:

...wat, I meant because of the fact that they aren't having this event near my location as usual, I really wanted to try to obtain that Shiny Milotic that was given out via a previous tornament that had a title simular to VGC, heh...

Yeah, disregard this KingErick cause I wasn't reading it right when I posted that it seems...

I am glad that the locations have been posted also, I stupidely though that this thing was over but as with any stupid guess, it was wrong...

Mon May 10, 2010 4:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I am offically going Now I was wondering if any one who was going also might be going to the event in Newark NJ as thats the ones thats closest to me.

Fri May 21, 2010 12:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

you guys think its bad in canada think of ireland we get nothing NOTHING!!

we have gamestop but no events no toys r us no championships even our yugioh nationals were taken away from us this year we now have to go to england to play!!

have any of you been to ireland its pretty dreary with all the rain and have you tried to go shopping its dreadful i went to america for a week and spent more money than in my life because it was so good and an event had just ended when i got to america grr

its dreadful that a country the size of canada doesn't get anything

Sat May 22, 2010 11:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

When I go to the event, I will definately represent Psypokes to the fullest!

-Ryan

Thu May 27, 2010 8:08 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Just made it back yesterday and I lost. I won the first round, but lost the second. Oh well, there's always next year.

-Ryan

Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I won three competiton rounds, defeated 22 competitive teams(mainly those that didnt make it to the next round or while waiting to register)

but in the end my kindness got the best of me,

One of the competitors asked me to go ahead of him so he didn't have to face his friend, be the nice guy I am I said sure the come out with all shinys including a shedinja (that wasn't in a pokeball(dumb hacker)) but he narrowly defeated me anyway he made it to the finals but was booted after the manditory team check(single eliminatiton meant I was out already). Another thing that PO me was the fact that 10+ players all had the exact same combo, Shiny hitmontop, kyogre, palkia, abomasnow, toxicroack and 1 other pokemon that was original, then pokemon didn't even have different nicknames, I 'd seen this in a few other competittions too. worse is that 4 of theses guy made it to the final 16, all with the SAME EXACT POKEMON!

But I throughly enjoyed myself otherwise, plus my strategy worked great (I faced 26 competitive teams incuding the offical one in which i lost to) No one expected my bulk tank team.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:15 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

/vXv\ wrote:
Another thing that PO me was the fact that 10+ players all had the exact same combo, Shiny hitmontop, kyogre, palkia, abomasnow, toxicroack and 1 other pokemon that was original, then pokemon didn't even have different nicknames, I 'd seen this in a few other competittions too. worse is that 4 of theses guy made it to the final 16, all with the SAME EXACT POKEMON!

This is absolutely retarted & tells me that they aren't doing enough to check for hacks & what not which is again, retarted...guess I won't be going to 1 of these ever unless they make some changes(or a change) of course...

Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

/vXv\ wrote:
One of the competitors asked me to go ahead of him so he didn't have to face his friend, be the nice guy I am I said sure the come out with all shinys including a shedinja (that wasn't in a pokeball(dumb hacker)) but he narrowly defeated me anyway he made it to the finals but was booted after the manditory team check(single eliminatiton meant I was out already).

wth is all that about?? the shinies and hacks. jeez, i wish people would do their job better..... if they had gotten him earlier, you probably would've gotten farther. btw, why didn't you say something (not a critique, just saying) when the shedinja came without a pokeball???

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I did say something but the staffer said that I was supposed to say something before the match was over.
Quote:
guess I won't be going to 1 of these ever unless they make some changes(or a change) of course...

But I would still suggest going to the event if its nearby just to meet all the other pokemon players which for the most part are all cool and play fairly. It was lots of funs dispite the fact that I lost.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:30 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

/vXv\ wrote:
But I would still suggest going to the event if its nearby just to meet all the other pokemon players which for the most part are all cool and play fairly. It was lots of funs dispite the fact that I lost.

Well to be fair, there is hacks everywhere in the world where people play pokemon so I guess if I actually can conjour up a team worth participating in this event then I will go, that being the case if they are having one in my local area...

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]