It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Need help with Kingdra 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I know this is a silly question. Heck, I'm probably posting in the wrong area, but I need help. I have a Kingdra with 252 Sp. Atk and 252 Spd and 6 HP EVs, with a Modest Nature, a Scope Lens as the item and the ability of Sniper. Now, I have the following moves for it: Draco Meteor, Hydro Pump and Ice Beam. My question is in regards to its last move. What do you think is a better move for it to learn: Flash Cannon or Signal Beam? Both have strengths and weaknesses. I just need to know what to do.

-Ryan

Wed May 19, 2010 11:01 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'd Actually suggest Focus Energy, since neither move will grant you that much more coverage
then your pratically garenteed a CH

Wed May 19, 2010 11:45 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Go with Flash Cannon as the chance of the Special Defense drop is more appealing than the chance of confusion.

Wed May 19, 2010 12:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'd do neither, Water/Dragon/Ice covers everything but Empoleon/Shednija, with neither move hitting them netural. Focus energy is an option, but telegraphs your strategy too easily. Dragon pulse would be my choice, 135 power attack without the drop meteor gives and the same drop as flash cannon. Also agility would work well here to bring up your base 85 speed stat.

If your able to get a Adamant nature you can go with Waterfall, Outrage, Iron head/Return(or Ice beam on a naughty nature),and Dragon Dance in the last slot to make a sweeper with a nice flinch, allowing more crit shots and general power. Agility works here too.

Wed May 19, 2010 1:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasterChef wrote:
If your able to get a Adamant nature you can go with Waterfall, Outrage, Iron headand Dragon Dance in the last slot to make a sweeper with a nice flinch, allowing more crit shots and general power. Agility works here too.

Oddly enough that is the moveset that I'm running on my Kingdra.

Wed May 19, 2010 2:22 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Mine knows Surf, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, and Dragon Pulse. I'm going for raw power, as it holds a Mystic Water. I switch it in after Raichu uses Rain Dance sometimes.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed May 19, 2010 5:49 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'll tell you what I did with my Kingdra

Kingdra- Jolly
Item- Life Orb
Ev
252 Att
252 Spd
Dragon Dance
Yawn/Substitute
Waterfall
Outrage

I found this to be a good build but the SA build is good too.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'd check it's Hidden Power to see if you can get one that hits Empoleon, Electric, fighting or ground would be best. If not, I recommend Dragon Pulse so you don't have to rely on Draco Meteor for anything that resists Water and Ice, or Focus Energy for the crits.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:02 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
I have dragon pulse, but I think signal beamEdit:Stick with dragon pulse!and,if you pick dragon pulse, that's my kingdra.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]