It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Which Starter? 

Which of the new Starters do you think is the coolest?
Grass Pokemon (lizard like thing) 45%  45%  [ 34 ]
Fire Pokemon (pig like thing) 29%  29%  [ 22 ]
Water Pokemon (otter like thing) 25%  25%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 75

Which Starter? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I am curious about what people think of the new starters.

Wed May 12, 2010 5:27 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

It depends on whether or not the other Fire, Water, and Grass types they come up with are any good competitively. IE: If they have no other good fire types in Isshu, like in Sinnoh. If so then yeah, the piggy is mine XD

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed May 12, 2010 5:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It all depends on Stats, technically, but also on the Final evolution. If i had to choose based on just the first evolutions there, I'd say the Fire one, or the Water one.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed May 12, 2010 6:02 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Based off of what is already available info wise on them I without question am still with the Grass Starter all the way...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Wed May 12, 2010 8:48 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

This time around Im going with the water starter. On blue, which is my first pokemon game, I first started with charmander. Silver I first used cyndaquil. Saphire I changed it up with Mudkip. Leafgreen went with Charmander again. Soulsilver was feraligatr. Now on Black im going with the water one this time around plus he looks totally cool!

Wed May 12, 2010 10:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Based off of what is already available info wise on them I without question am still with the Grass Starter all the way...

The "snake" would have been a LOT cooler (and cuter) as a SNAKE instead of the abstract-art project it is.

When is a snake not a snake? Generation V.

Wed May 12, 2010 11:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

labarith wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:

The "snake" would have been a LOT cooler (and cuter) as a SNAKE instead of the abstract-art project it is.

I can see it as a snake when you take the limbs of. Anyway, if it becomes part-dragon I'll take it.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Thu May 13, 2010 12:02 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The water one looks kind of dumb. It doesn't matter what you pick because you can get the other two off of wifi or a friend.

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Thu May 13, 2010 4:36 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I'm hoping this guy doesn't get an evolution that makes him look GRRRRGGHH DUUUUURRR TOUGH!!!1, I hope he has the same fate as Chikorita and stays cute even at stage 3.

Thu May 13, 2010 4:49 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Grass starter for me i think. it looks the best...

Thu May 13, 2010 7:52 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Krisp wrote:
I'm hoping this guy doesn't get an evolution that makes him look GRRRRGGHH DUUUUURRR TOUGH!!!1, I hope he has the same fate as Chikorita and stays cute even at stage 3.

Same here, as that's the appealing part for Water Starter imo...

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Grass starter for me i think. it looks the best...

He really does so far...

labarith wrote:

It's a pokemon, if it has hands & feet & is called a snake well dammit it's a snake as far as I'm concern, besides as AceTrainer says, you must put it's evolution into the equation which most likely will explain this, my only fear with the Grass Starter is that it doesn't end up being another Sceptile & the region doesn't end up being another Hoenn region (not literally ok?) cause if this is the case then the Grass Starter will suck again in it's own region which is annoying really...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Thu May 13, 2010 1:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ew yeah, treeko (and evo's) were disgusting. Probably the worst of the lot. Okay, grovyle (OR whatever the second evo is) it actually looked kind of alright (was i the only one who thought it looked like it should've carried on the 'wing' effect and have it a flying-grass type?). But once it hit sceptile...*shudders* its fugly.
{darkrai}

Thu May 13, 2010 1:51 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm interested in the water starter.

Thu May 13, 2010 9:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I agree, Sceptile looked fat and far from Grovyle who looked really cool..

Anyway, I'm still having high hopes that the grass starter will somehow be part-dragon. I sure hope it doesn't evolve similar to {treecko} 's line.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Fri May 14, 2010 6:57 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, it's lizard-like features are interesting...Then again, grass-dragon type? Hmm. But i can kinda have a picture in my head of the final evolution.

{darkrai}

Fri May 14, 2010 8:00 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah, I hope we get a Dragon Type final evolution or at least a dragon for the final evolution, why for me, because it has limbs...

& yes, Grovyle is one of my favorite pokemon but Sceptile is just the worse I mean I get the tree tail thing but that is all I get about it, I did not anticipate a flying type route for it though...

Ironic thing is that I picture The Grass starter's final evolution going along the Venusaur route as in it might end up being a Grass/Poison Type Combo with a more snake(I'm thinking a constrictor)-like body with no feet or even hands for that matter(Venusaur couldn't stand on 2 legs anymore once it evolved from Ivysaur so it is kind of simular in a sense at least)...

Fri May 14, 2010 10:23 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I picked grass for the poll but honestly it's gonna come down to what the final forms look like as I'm kinda underwhelmed with the aesthetics of the unevolved forms. Gameplay wise I'm sure you'll be able to steam-roll the entire game solo with any of the three as I like to do so I'm gonna pick whichever one looks cool (from behind). Given that a lot of Pokemon change which species they are modeled on as they evolve there is still a lot of room to speculate.

Fri May 14, 2010 10:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Diodon wrote:
I picked grass for the poll but honestly it's gonna come down to what the final forms look like as I'm kinda underwhelmed with the aesthetics of the unevolved forms. Gameplay wise I'm sure you'll be able to steam-roll the entire game solo with any of the three as I like to do so I'm gonna pick whichever one looks cool (from behind). Given that a lot of Pokemon change which species they are modeled on as they evolve there is still a lot of room to speculate.

the idea of a grass snake it too appealing to pass up

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Fri May 14, 2010 10:44 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

KingErick wrote:
the idea of a grass snake it too appealing to pass up

Indeed, I mean the possibilities of what kind of snake it will turn out to be is overwelming to say the least...

Fri May 14, 2010 11:16 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

[From the starters thread]

I just realized that Tsutaaja's species isn't just [element]+[species]. I remembered there are indeed grass snakes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smooth_Green_Snake

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rough_Green_Snake

I'm speculating it's small limbs are a reference to the vestigial 'claws' on many serpents (usually the large ones like anacondas and pythons). This may be a clue to where the starter's evolution will lead. I'm thinking a massive serpent enough to be dragon-like (hence my staunch belief there is a high chance it will be of dragon-type)

or possibly a part-poison. But then again, the large snakes (constrictors) are not venomous, so yeah, maybe as what Lawrence said, partly dark type.

(/paste)

Moreover, I usually don't like repeated typing for starters ( {blaziken} {infernape} ) so I hope it doesn't become grass/poison. Plus, I don't think grass benefits that much from poison.

Fri May 14, 2010 3:52 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well, I'm not gonna pick one particuliar Starter because I'm gonna get all of them by starting a new game three times, but I think that the Fire type is the coolest.

Sat May 15, 2010 2:30 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't really care which is the coolest. I only care about how strong they are. But if I have to choose which is the coolest, I would have to say Mijumaru is the coolest.

Sat May 15, 2010 8:32 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yes, I'm totally biased towards the pig.

Sun May 16, 2010 3:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Spoinkable wrote:
Yes, I'm totally biased towards the pig.

As long as it beats water....thats good. Haha ;)

Sun May 16, 2010 3:30 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I hope the pig gets larger, bout time we got a more... primal fire starter. But mark my words, if its evolve forms stand on two legs I will be furious!
I like the other fires, except Blaziken for some reason, but the standing is a bit old...

Mon May 17, 2010 3:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next