It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 42  Next
 BW Pre-Release News Thread - FIN! 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i think there trying to over complicate things with their designs but really its not a bad effort tho the sea otter looks more like a platypus with a panda's head lol however the grass guy looks rather sweet and it seems they might be aiming for a fire starter that has better defencive stats

Wed May 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rinomacca wrote:
...but really its not a bad effort tho the sea otter looks more like a platypus with a panda's head lol

I KNOW RIGHT?! I was banking on a platypus. ;__ ; It would've been so freeking amazing. I would've nicknamed it 'Perry'. But hmm, im undecided whether i like or dislike the looks. Ugh.

{darkrai}

Wed May 12, 2010 4:34 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Mewtwelve:
Quote:
this new generation has a fire starter that doesn't have fire coming out of its ass.

LOL

Anyway, the Otter one seems like it would be Water/Ice (the type Piplup's family should have been), since it has a snowball for a head. Those guys are problably Sharpedo Snow-Cones!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed May 12, 2010 5:07 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
rinomacca wrote:
i think there trying to over complicate things with their designs but really its not a bad effort tho the sea otter looks more like a platypus with a panda's head lol however the grass guy looks rather sweet and it seems they might be aiming for a fire starter that has better defencive stats

I really will like it if the Fire Starter is a more defensive starter as this for some stupid reason has not been done yet...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Wed May 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

oh my god, they're hideous.

actually they're not that bad, i think they would look better if they werent so complex. removing the yellow mark on the pigs nose and the clam on the otters stomach would simplify them and make them look more like "natural" animals. and those wierd yellow flaps sticking off the snakes shoulders need to go as well.

As an artist myself i understand the concept of "less is more", meaning sometimes the best designs are the simplest ones, putting too much detail and pointless markings on the pokemon just clutters them up and makes the design look awkward.

also if the grass one is supposed to be a snake why the hell does it have legs.

Wed May 12, 2010 5:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Krisp wrote:
I really hope the starters look as cool as the Sinnoh and Hoenn Pokemon. Kanto and Johto Pokemon had awful designs and they're generally not as memorable as RSE/DPP Pokemon. :)

i cannot believe that krisp of the clan of chips failed me.

I loved Johto starters and they will always be better if only for memory value.

Mewtwelve wrote:
I love the fact that this new generation has a fire starter that doesn't have fire coming out of its ass.

lol but true, i never could figure out how blazikan, infernape or typlosian were even alive

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Wed May 12, 2010 6:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

cheesehead wrote:

actually they're not that bad, i think they would look better if they werent so complex. removing the yellow mark on the pigs nose and the clam on the otters stomach would simplify them and make them look more like "natural" animals. and those wierd yellow flaps sticking off the snakes shoulders need to go as well.

As an artist myself i understand the concept of "less is more", meaning sometimes the best designs are the simplest ones, putting too much detail and pointless markings on the pokemon just clutters them up and makes the design look awkward.

So did you dislike the last couple generations as well, then?
A lot of pokemon have a few extra 'unnecessary' markings on them, but they either connect to A. their evolutions or B. their respectable animal/characteristics.
Just sayin...

Also, maybe the snake will evolve and make sense.
In fact, they all will evolve and make more sense.

Wed May 12, 2010 8:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

did blazikan or cyndaquil evolve and make more sense?

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Wed May 12, 2010 8:27 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

KingErick wrote:

You mean Torchic or Cyndaquil & yes, yes they did...what I miss...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Wed May 12, 2010 8:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
KingErick wrote:

You mean Torchic or Cyndaquil & yes, yes they did...what I miss...

Ahaa, i rather like Cyndaquil, and Quilava. Torchic sucked, then the next evolution but Blaziken was quite badass.

{darkrai}

Wed May 12, 2010 9:15 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I liked both Torchic & Cyndaquil...that was about their evolutions making sense which they did...

Wed May 12, 2010 10:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

cheesehead wrote:

1. They are pretty uniformly fugly, with the water one the ugliest.
2. They ARE that bad. Starters, for better or worse, are generally "cute" pokemon. Out of this, the pig is semi-cute, but it lacks anything besides the color to tell that it's fire. I could have sworn it would have been the grass pokemon with leaf-ears. The Snake... isn't a snake. But a SNAKE would have been cool, and probably cuter than this. As for the Otter - WTF??? Was it THAT hard to find a water-themed animal? Turtle, Penguin, crocodile... why can't we have a Starter-Octopus, squid, crab, salamander, frog, etc?

All in all, I RESPECT the fire-pig. It'll turn into one mean MOFO. The "Snake" us a bad trecko reshash, given the legs. But the Otter? Good GOD how high would you need to think that passes the sniff test? The ONLY thing I can think of is that the Otter starter grows CUTER as it evolves (thus giving the female anime character a reason to evolve it...).

Wed May 12, 2010 11:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'd take the grass if it becomes part-dragon.

Water starter is similar to {mime jr.} because of the nose, the face and the clam/button on the chest.

I still dislike them relative to the earlier starters. Go continue hating people who just expresses their opinions and observations.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Wed May 12, 2010 11:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

More scans from Corocoro show that most of what was posted yesterday was true. The screenshots confirm the names i posted and also the information on Zoroaks ability. It also shows that Zoroaks prevolution Zorua has the ability too. So all yesteddays information i gave was correct. I am looking about for a good copy of these screenshots but without a doubt the main site will have them anytime soon.

{darkrai}

Thu May 13, 2010 12:03 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I actually like them! -_-' its weird.But only if the otter was happy...

Most wanted shinies: {umbreon} , {pichu} , {dragonair} , {shaymin} , {giratina}

Click Plz-->Image

Thu May 13, 2010 1:28 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Fable35 wrote:
I actually like them! -_-' its weird.But only if the otter was happy...

I think it's more because of the real-life otter's physiology of the mouth, not the emotion. I'm getting more attuned to them than my spur-of-the-moment-reaction, but the 'dress' of the water starter still bothers me. And it seems we have the first fire to be on all fours.

EDIT:
Been trying to upload more scans of the starters during battle and zoruark's illusion ability but the files won't attach.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Thu May 13, 2010 6:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

AceTrainer wrote:
Been trying to upload more scans of the starters during battle and zoruark's illusion ability but the files won't attach.

I'm having trouble finding some of good quality but what the heck...here are the ones i found.

Click.

Sorry for it being so big. Seemed like too much effort to do them seperate.

{darkrai}

Thu May 13, 2010 7:43 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I think I know where this generation is going. Or, at least, a I have a very general impression.

It seems to me they are going for a very futuristic, urban-like scenario, and I'm pretty sure the whole region/generation is going to follow this pattern. I guess that's also the reason why these starters are the less natural/realistic-looking of all. The three of them look like toys to me. And that's why this whole generation is reminding me a lot of Digimon.

Then again, I'm not saying it's a bad thing.

I mean, the Fire starter is just adorable. Look at its face! It's so cute and playful, and it's a piggy!

The Grass starter, though, I'm not so sure... It has this oh so confident expression, but it still looks overal nice (even though I can't NOT think about Treecko when I look at it). I mean, raise those eyelids.

And the Water starter reminds me a lot of Piplup. It's cute too, but I have to agree it would look a lot more huggable if it were smiling. It's my least favorite, I guess...

Thu May 13, 2010 9:23 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah i can see what you mean by saying it is going to be fututistic and i think it's going to look amazing. Screw the buzz over HG/SS...i wans Black nowwwww! ;__ ;
The originality of pokemon have changed an awful lot since the beginning and i think gen V is just what we need to get into some difference.

{darkrai}

Thu May 13, 2010 9:41 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I like the new grass starter better, of course I like all grass starters, they all looked like my favorite class of animal, Reptiles!

The other two I need to wait to see more about them, the otter might change peoples ideas about it who knows, the fire pig, well....until I see its stats and such I'll continue to crack jokes about it.....SPICY BACON!

Thu May 13, 2010 12:37 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I say this based on Darkrai-follower's scans that were uploaded;

1. I hope that the Grass starter is SPATK based or both ATK/SPATK based cause it knows Leafstorm apparently & I don't want that attack to be as useless as it was on Torterra
2. I still hope that the Fire starter is DEF/SPDEF based as it would be a welcoming change for pokemon if this happened for once
3. I hope Zorua/Zoroark's ability is more then just how do I say this, transforming alone as that is not cutting it for me
4. I completely welcome the perspective camera angles that this region will give players
5. I don't see what's the big deal about the Water starter not smiling as to me it's a sign of youth & shyness which I find adorable
6. I've come to like the look of the Battle Screen which I didn't like before
7. Lastly, I'm starting to be able to become accustom to Zoroark's design, finally

Yep...

Thu May 13, 2010 1:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

see, darkrai-follower's pics have kinda made things a bit more sensical for me, at least with the whole battle thing. the earlier pics made it seem unlike traditional battling, but i can see that i was wrong (the ones without the health bars; someone in the forums had said what if there was an aiming part, and that kinda got stuck in my head). the starters are okay, but here's how i group the starters based by generation and how good they looked:
#1: Kanto and Johto, all the way
#2: closely following the above (for sentimental reasons) is the Hoenn region
#3: bringing up the rear with a grade of wtf is sinnoh and isshu (for the latter, at least for now)
to me, it seems like the starters are getting worse and worse... the first three were good, sinnoh was alrite, and so are these new ones. i just hope we don't have any starters whose looks get worse as they evolve (sorry, but i really dislike empoleon. piplup was much cuter, and infernape and torterra kick empoleon's ass in terms of looks).

Thu May 13, 2010 1:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
I say this based on Darkrai-follower's scans that were uploaded;

1. I hope that the Grass starter is SPATK based or both ATK/SPATK based cause it knows Leafstorm apparently & I don't want that attack to be as useless as it was on Torterra
2. I still hope that the Fire starter is DEF/SPDEF based as it would be a welcoming change for pokemon if this happened for once
3. I hope Zorua/Zoroark's ability is more then just how do I say this, transforming alone as that is not cutting it for me
4. I completely welcome the perspective camera angles that this region will give players
5. I don't see what's the big deal about the Water starter not smiling as to me it's a sign of youth & shyness which I find adorable
6. I've come to like the look of the Battle Screen which I didn't like before
7. Lastly, I'm starting to be able to become accustom to Zoroark's design, finally

Yep...

I'm hoping on the ability to be more than just transform but, leaked information DID say that it differs from the move 'transform' so there will some twist to it.
And i already loved Zoroaks design. I'm a bit of a dark-type fan myself so it got my attention straight away.

Thu May 13, 2010 2:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

FossilPokemonFan wrote:
....until I see its stats and such and prove that Mr. Dude is da bomb, I'll continue to crack jokes about it.....SPICY BACON!

I LOVE BACON!! Thy Spoink and thy Grumpig shant be lonely anymore, as I shall have thou Pokabu smite thee to a royal crisp. Then, thou shall smite thyself. As long as Pokabo doesn't evolve into a Fire/Fighting type, I'm getting it. It sure looks like it though, with its ears making it look like there's a black belt around his head and his strange black "fighting tights".

And FossilPokemonFan, thanks, but I already know I'm da bomb.

Thu May 13, 2010 5:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Honestly, I think the majority of gamers who've stuck through since Gen I back in '98 have found the starters to be increasingly unimpressive.
You're ALWAYS going to compare something new to what you know.

That being said, I can't wait for this Gen. =) A whole mess of new Pokemon?
I wonder if they just got on a roll when creating them for Gen IV, and were like K, let's save these for the next Gen and introduce these now.
I bet that's what happened.
Either way, I'm super excited to see and experience all they've come up with.
And, though the Pig is my instant favorite for obvious reasons (see: name, signature, display pic, love-of-my-life), I love the ideas of a Snake and an Otter.

Thu May 13, 2010 10:02 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 42  Next