It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Battle Hall pokemon questions 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I noticed in the Battle Hall, that when I lost, it was always because of a super effective attack. Therefore, I thought it would behoove me to reduce the number of attacks that were super effective against my pokemon. I don't have a Spiritomb (which doesn't strike my fancy anyway) so I decided to go with a Normal pokemon.
1. Return would be Power 153 with STAB at full happiness (Right?), which is close to the power level of many "x2" damage
attacks.
2. Only Fight moves are super effective against it.

I checked out all the normal pokemon and didn't "feel" Porygon, so I went for Tauros.
1. I figured his speed was pretty good.
2. His high attack worked great with Return (see above).
3. His Def/SDef and HP would hopefully let me live for a second attack, which would hopefully earn the KO.

I captured a wild Tauros with a Jolly Nature! I think I EV trained him for 152/152/6 attack/speed/HP.
Moveset
Return
Earthquake - 80 Battle Points, ugh! (The one I found in the cave is on my Heracross.)
Zen Headbutt
Rock Slide

Return is my weapon when I don't have any super effective attacks to use.
I chose Earthquake because it is at least "normally" effective when Return is 1/2 damage or worse. It also has a 100% accuracy.
I chose Rock Slide for Shedninja. It does give me a few more super effectives, though I'm leery of 90% accuracy...
Zen Headbutt could be swapped out for Fire blast against steel and psychic types

With this moveset, I have at least 1 move that can operate at least at 100% efficiency against every pokemon, I hope.

What item should I hold? I was thinking a Chople Berry to protect against Fight moves. Should it be Choice Band instead? Would I need Choice Scarf against certain types? Should I switch items for certain types of pokemon, like only use the Chople berry against the Fight pokemon (even though pokemon in other categories can have Fight moves).

Right now he's LVL60. Does he need to be higher? Should I take on all the Fight Pokemon first? Then which? (Actually, I've already done LVLS 1-3 with all types. Oops.)

I ev trained him when I caught him at LVL 27. If I had caught him at LVL 1 and ev trained him then, would his stats be higher at LVL 60?

Either way, I'm going to try this guy. Thanks!

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, first of all, 152/152/6 attack/speed/HP It should be 252/252/4 something like that to gurrantee good stats.

Right, about your items..You could either go for a more offensive, hit-and-run technique which i'd choose choice band with full attack and speed EV's, but if you think that your pokemon could withstand hits, then i'd do the EV's in HP and attack instead of speed.

I then think you might as well max out the level and get it to level 100. A few goes through the elite 4 holding lucky egg will do.

You should just take them on in any order really. with that tactic i'm sure it'll go well...

And no, it would still be the same stats at level 60, but as i mentioned, you should have Ev trained to 252/252/4 not 152.

Hope this helped you.
{darkrai}

Last edited by WirelessBrain on Mon May 10, 2010 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 09, 2010 4:40 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yeah, the EVs are 252s. My bad. I never remember the vitamins. I think I'll try Choice Band. I still need about 40 BP to but Eathquake. I can never get past battle 14 in the Factory, so it'll take a while!

Mon May 10, 2010 6:47 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wizened One wrote:
Yeah, the EVs are 252s. My bad. I never remember the vitamins. I think I'll try Choice Band. I still need about 40 BP to but Eathquake. I can never get past battle 14 in the Factory, so it'll take a while!

You don't need vitamins if you have pokerus and power items (thats what i use). It's a waste of BP if you ask me...

And yeah, can't go wrong with a choice band as an offensive.

{darkrai}

Mon May 10, 2010 8:23 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Or an ambipom with a choice band works quite well for me. Double hit with technician is more powerful than return, and aerial ace takes care of fighting types, it's defenses aren't that impressive, but it has plenty of speed and good attack.

Mon May 17, 2010 9:48 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Someone else mentioned an ambipom with just Fake Out and Last Resort. I know I couldn't use those against all types, but it sounded interesting...

Mon May 17, 2010 11:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]