It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next
 BW Pre-Release News Thread - FIN! 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Don't hate us for hating the silhouettes. It's our opinion, we are not hating people who love the silhouettes (if there are any).

Of course I can change opinions but right now I hate it. I don't see anything wrong with expressing your dislike.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sun May 09, 2010 4:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

AceTrainer wrote:
Don't hate us for hating the silhouettes. It's our opinion, we are not hating people who love the silhouettes (if there are any).

I personally love the silhouettes. I think they still look good even though Gamefreak has done almost everything in terms of Pokemon designs, and the fact that they can still produce new designs and such is impressive.

Sun May 09, 2010 5:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Found a fake rendition on the web

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sun May 09, 2010 9:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

haha nice, I like mine more though :P

But no really, I like this because its what I guessed the types would be

Sun May 09, 2010 9:27 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Lawence Codye wrote:
They all do look incredibly ugly...at least from their silhouettes anyway, I am praying that at least 2 of them actually impresses me once they're fully revealed to us, I prey...

You soundin like a dummy. Just be excited bro! NEW STARTERS!!

Sun May 09, 2010 11:02 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Boorang wrote:
You soundin like a dummy. Just be excited bro! NEW STARTERS!!

I am excited! for new starters but I am also dissapointed as **** that I don't find any of the starters interesting by silhouette alone so...yea new starters but also...

AceTrainer wrote:

Of course I can change opinions but right now I hate it. I don't see anything wrong with expressing your dislike.

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun May 09, 2010 11:22 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

it really doesnt matter what the starters look like, i think we all know they are going to look terrible just like all the other gen 5 pokemon will.

why?

the dude that designed gens 1 and 2 (yes one guy designed all of them) left gamefreak and was replaced with some other dude who did the designs for gens 3,4 and now 5. unfortunately this new guy can't draw to save his life and we got stuck with many hideous atrocities(bidoof, wormadam, combee and purugly to name but a few). As his ideas rapidly dwindle his designs are going to become more and more eye-bleedingly awful, so i dont really hold a lot of hope that even the starters will look decent.

Sun May 09, 2010 11:40 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

cheesehead wrote:
it really doesnt matter what the starters look like, i think we all know they are going to look terrible just like all the other gen 5 pokemon will.

wow...I know I can be depressing but that is some damn depressing words right there no?...

& the dude's name I believe was Ken Sugimori if I'm not mistaken, & with the next post, this thread will be back on subject...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sun May 09, 2010 11:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Jigglypuff wrote:
Totally ugly. Absolutely and completely ugly, the most hideous looking things I've ever seen.

THANK YOU.
AceTrainer wrote:

THANK YOU TOO!

But yeah, i think they look awful. I hope the colored full versions look much better. The style has changed too much from generation 1 & 2. I just really dislike them...
Lawence Codye wrote:
shinashu taji wrote:
[color=#8040FF]Thing is Nintendo will never change Fire/Grass/Water starter triangle because that is something everyone understands, and has become a staple in the Pokemon game franchise. Still based on the silhouettes I think their designs will look fairly interesting.

Yeah, I am tired of people raising these...should I say rumors of the starters not being the Fire/Water/Grass triangle we basically grew up with & with secondary types coming into play more this is not likely in the least bit...I am tired of this like Frost is tired of people going overboard about how bad the silhouettes look, which I actually agree on as I just was saying that based on the silhouettes alone, they are not looking promising, at least not their basic evolution stages anyway...

And i wasn't saying or rumouring that they WILL be starters of a different type tp grass/fire/water, i was just saying, Even if you suspect game freak wnt chenge it. It is still possible, nobody knows. I was just saying, just keep an open mind about it

{darkrai}

Last edited by WirelessBrain on Mon May 10, 2010 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 10, 2010 8:14 am
THE POWER IS ON!

People agreeing with Krisp and Jigglypuff's sarcastic posts is the funniest thing about this topic.

And to whoever said the guy who designed Gen I/II "left" Gamefreak, uh, no. Ken Sugimori has been around since day one and he's still there to this day.

Mon May 10, 2010 9:05 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Frost wrote:
[color=orchid]People agreeing with Krisp and Jigglypuff's sarcastic posts is the funniest thing about this topic.

And to whoever said the guy who designed Gen I/II "left" Gamefreak, uh, no. Ken Sugimori has been around since day one and he's still there to this day.

Yeah i know he was just being sarcastic. I just felt like quoting it to make it look like i had support (hence the enthusiastic 'THANK YOU!'...Sue me. ^_^
And i was just thinking that actually...Ken Sugimori is still with GameFreak.

{darkrai}

Mon May 10, 2010 9:53 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ahhh..... I knew they would mess up the sprites....
they definitely look multi type

FC:
5414 2352 1981 (Soul Silver)
4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Mon May 10, 2010 12:28 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I really hope the starters look as cool as the Sinnoh and Hoenn Pokemon. Kanto and Johto Pokemon had awful designs and they're generally not as memorable as RSE/DPP Pokemon. :)

Mon May 10, 2010 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Krisp wrote:
I really hope the starters look as cool as the Sinnoh and Hoenn Pokemon. Kanto and Johto Pokemon had awful designs and they're generally not as memorable as RSE/DPP Pokemon. :)

haha this guy >_> :P

Mon May 10, 2010 2:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Krisp wrote:

I completely agree with Krisp on this one!!! That is what is known as a joke

Still this fake rendition has a decent amount of effort put into those.
cheesehead wrote:

I love the way you think the designs of all the Gen V Pokemon will be crappy based off three silhouettes and the two that have already been revealed. There is now way you know that the designs will be bad unless you have a crystal ball, or Miss Cleo on line one.
cheesehead wrote:

the dude that designed gens 1 and 2 (yes one guy designed all of them) left gamefreak and was replaced with some other dude who did the designs for gens 3,4 and now 5. unfortunately this new guy can't draw to save his life and we got stuck with many hideous atrocities(bidoof, wormadam, combee and purugly to name but a few). As his ideas rapidly dwindle his designs are going to become more and more eye-bleedingly awful, so i dont really hold a lot of hope that even the starters will look decent.

As Frost said Ken Sugimori hasn't left and most likely won't in the near future. Still the fact that they can still pump out new designs are impressive enough as it is.

Mon May 10, 2010 2:43 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I kind of agree & disagree with anything be it obviously a joke or not...

I really wish they were being revealed today as I am really, really bored on Mondays...several more days then I guess...

Mon May 10, 2010 5:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I actually like the Silhouettes. I don't think they are fake either. How can you guys say that it's fake anyway? Zoroark's picture was released as a silhouette on Pokemon Sunday, and we all know that's real.

Here's the thing:

1. For the rest of time until the world explodes, Pokemon will continue to make pokemon, and progressively, people will hate on them for "looking dumb", or "they don't look like pokemon." Honestly, What defines a Pokemon? You guys are being too picky. You want them to look like Gen 1&2 Pokemon, but why would you want ALL OF THE POKEMON TO LOOK THE SAME?!

2. There will always be Fake pokemon, Sarcastic comments, and people hating the pokemon. Doesn't matter. You will still buy the games. You WILL still buy the games.

3. THE STARTER TRIANGLE WILL NOT CHANGE. EVER! They can't do it. They WON'T do it.

So, you guys should just stop complaining, stop saying the types will change, stop saying Sugimori left, Because he definitely didn't. And likely won't.

P.S, How can Slhouettes be ugly? Anyone who says that should be shot.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Mon May 10, 2010 7:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So I did an couple of drawing that featured each of the silloetes as each type
What I think they won't be
Top Left < NOT Fire: looks too much like charmander
Bottom / NOT Grass: looks like turtwig with a tail
Top Right > MOST LIKELY NOT Water: looks sort of like piplup

Image Image Image

Mon May 10, 2010 8:21 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Haha nice interpretations, like the grass ones ...but should this be posted under "GEN V NEWS"...?

Mon May 10, 2010 8:44 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryanh181 wrote:
P.S, How can Slhouettes be ugly? Anyone who says that should be shot.

They can't but the Silhouettes can make what's they are over look very ugly which is why I can't wait til this period of them being silhouettes is over...btw if I was being hasty & had to pick which one I liked more based on silhouettes along I would choose the one on the left from the viewer's perspective cause I like it's shape more...

Mon May 10, 2010 9:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have a general question.

When looking at the silhouettes, I can't help but see some hints of colors and/or details.
Was this the lighting in the room?
I only see them on the collective shot of the three silhouettes; not the individual, zoomed ones.

Does anyone else see these?
Am I crazy?

Mon May 10, 2010 10:22 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Spoinkable wrote:

When looking at the silhouettes, I can't help but see some hints of colors and/or details.
I only see them on the collective shot of the three silhouettes; not the individual, zoomed ones.

Am I crazy?

yeah i see them too and for those who dont see it focus on the left side of the right starter you can see some red so i think that ones fire

My current Team:
Blastoise Lv.100
Blaziken Lv.40
Pupitar Lv.40
Jolteon Lv.31
Dragonair Lv.30
Blissey Lv.30

Tue May 11, 2010 2:28 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

top grass
left fire
right water

tht's just the way I'm calling it

Tue May 11, 2010 6:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Spoinkable wrote:

Am I crazy?

I think you're Crazy. I don't see anything like that.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Tue May 11, 2010 6:11 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i know this is stupid and go ahead and call me on it but mabey, just mabey theyl put the starters as diff types
left - mabey a fight type
middle - mabey psycic
right - maby rock

i dunno just a thought

Tue May 11, 2010 7:36 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next