It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 No more Eeveelutions plz 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ok, I'm getting a bit annoyed at the number of people who insist on having another eeveelution. It's repetitive, to be frank. We have seven now. Seven. Eevee has the biggest evolution family in the history of pokemon. Let's leave it at that. When Eevee was first introduced in Red/Blue, we saw our first three Eeveelutions: Vapoureon, Flareon, and Jolteon.

Now that we had been introduced to our mutant-friends, the obvious question arose: why isn't there a grass eeveelution? It was a fair question, seeing as the leaf stone had been shunned from the evolutionary line. It would be several years until a grass type Eevee was brought in.

Next was Johto. Gold, Silver, and Crystal brought us all one hundred new pokemon and two new eeveelutions: Umbreon and Espeon. This time, these two pokemon were not stone evolutions, but rather levelling an Eevee up when certain requirements were fufilled(happiness and time). Umbreon and Espeon were based off night and day respectively. One can say that these two pokemon were gimmicks, just a way of showing off the new Night/Day feature implemented in the games.

People were still wanted their grass eeveelution when Hoenn rolled around. But to many gamer's surprise, Eevee did not recieve an evolution in this generation. Now around this time, the Eevee craze struck the pokemon world. It seemed that every person and their mom wanted an Eevee of every type. And with still no "Grasseon", people were yelling for more. Nintendo had created a monster.

Finally, in the present day, we have our Sinnoh region. and with it came our newest Eeveelutions. Leafeon and...Glaceon? Yes, we got our Grass and Ice Eevees. at this time, I would hope that EeveeFever would calm down a bit. We got our Grass Eevee, and an Ice type to boot. Now let's all just grab our Leaf Stones and...wait, what?!

Nope, no leaf stonez 4 joo. Now you have to level your Eevee up in a specific location. I cannot possibly fathom why they would do such a thing. All they had to do was make an extra ice stone or so. It would've make sense. Now we have seven eeveelutions.

And to make matters worse, Gen Five is coming to Japan soon. And with it, probably another eeveelution. I don't believe this Eevee storm will stop until we have every Eevee type, and then some. So please, lay off the little dog thingy. Let it be. [/rant]

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:19 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

..... now that i think about it... eevee does have too many evolutions. but still, i would like to see a dragon type eevee.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Just another source for new Pokemon. I can see the argument against adding too many new Pokemon but once you decide to add them it seems kinda irrelevant whether you find them in a patch of grass or by finding a new stone to evolve Eevee.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:29 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Wat...no, Yes more Eeveelutions plz...they always look at least half decent & will probably be all my favorite in due time once I actually use them all...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I agree...yet i disagree... my reasons:
It would be a great idea to have an Eeveelution of each type. But after fourth gen, i think it'll be too much. 7 Eeveelutions so far, that's pretty useless considering they only have limited uses, of course, using a full team of eeveelutions (different) would give good type-coverage i assume but still...they are not all very good. If there were to be more Eeveelutions, they should have reasonably good stats compared to the previous...

{darkrai}

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:35 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Well if they make any more they should most likely mave better stats & even better level up movepools maybe...at least better then Leafeon & Glaceon in this regard...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Well if they make any more they should most likely mave better stats & even better level up movepools maybe...at least better then Leafeon & Glaceon in this regard...

Yeah i totally agree, to be honest, Leafeon and Glaceon were just for the looks (Since the only decent Eeveelution that looked good was Umbreon imo). I woudn't mint a Eeveelution with its highest base stat as Special Attack and second highest as HP. Since all the Eeveelutions follow the same trend of having a set number (130) as their highest base stat and then a second set number for the second highest base stat (110) ...I think making a EV'd SpAtk and HP Trump card Eeveelution would be really good. But with the stats as they are now it's surprising if it lasts the 5 turns.

EDIT: Although, vaporeon's Base 130 HP and 110 SpAtk looks very promising...
{darkrai}

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:24 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

The idea has been stretched far too thin. I wouldn't mind if they made one more Eevee that was the opposite of Umbreon, i.e. all three of its good stats are allotted to the offensive stats, but that's it. Glaceon was a completely worthless addition and it was probably the moment that the Eevee family jumped the shark. It was basically a sh*tty Vaporeon in every single way; they could have at least made it the anti-Umbreon so it would be unique, but they didn't.

The Eeveelutions in general have poor movepools, poor stat distributions and their abilities have gotten worse with each new set: Water Absorb/Volt Absorb are good, Synchronize is alright and Leaf Guard/Snow Cloak kind of suck. My ideal scenario would be to make a Dragon-type Eevee to finish out the Special types and allow for that "sweeper" Eevee. Then the idea should be retired or at LEAST they should try to make it fresh, like create a new set of stats that all of the Physical types would share or something. 130/110/95/65/65/60 is rarely any good, no matter how many different ways they try to make it work.

Plus, they're getting a little over the top with the ways of evolving Eevee. All of the current evolutions (except Glaceon, which again provides another example of how it's the shark-jumping Eeveelution) could have evolved with a stone. But no, now Gamefreak has to shoehorn in happiness and Moss and Ice Rock forever and ever just to accommodate Eevee fans. And to completely honest, I would like at maximum 0-1 new Eevees, ever. I'm definitely not one of those people who wants an Eeveelution for every type.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Frost wrote:

And to completely honest, I would like at maximum 0-1 new Eevees, ever. I'm definitely not one of those people who wants an Eeveelution for every type.

Exactly, there is absoloutly no point in having one of every type if the stats are poor and movepools.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:33 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i must repectfully disagree with you. i love all the eeveelutions and i want to see one of every type. the only problem i have with eeveelutions is that they keep on adding new types of pokemon. Then it gets a bit rediculous. but i want to at least see the rest of the types finished.

^This is for Pokemon Y

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Frost wrote:

And to completely honest, I would like at maximum 0-1 new Eevees, ever. I'm definitely not one of those people who wants an Eeveelution for every type.

Exactly, there is absoloutly no point in having one of every type if the stats are poor and movepools.

I heartily agree. Plus, how could you make Eevee a bug-type? How do you make him a fighting type? Make him bipedal? Then it just destroys the whole family.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Frost wrote:
The idea has been stretched far too thin. I wouldn't mind if they made one more Eevee that was the opposite of Umbreon, i.e. all three of its good stats are allotted to the offensive stats, but that's it. Glaceon was a completely worthless addition and it was probably the moment that the Eevee family jumped the shark. It was basically a sh*tty Vaporeon in every single way; they could have at least made it the anti-Umbreon so it would be unique, but they didn't.

The Eeveelutions in general have poor movepools, poor stat distributions and their abilities have gotten worse with each new set: Water Absorb/Volt Absorb are good, Synchronize is alright and Leaf Guard/Snow Cloak kind of suck. My ideal scenario would be to make a Dragon-type Eevee to finish out the Special types and allow for that "sweeper" Eevee. Then the idea should be retired or at LEAST they should try to make it fresh, like create a new set of stats that all of the Physical types would share or something. 130/110/95/65/65/60 is rarely any good, no matter how many different ways they try to make it work.

Plus, they're getting a little over the top with the ways of evolving Eevee. All of the current evolutions (except Glaceon, which again provides another example of how it's the shark-jumping Eeveelution) could have evolved with a stone. But no, now Gamefreak has to shoehorn in happiness and Moss and Ice Rock forever and ever just to accommodate Eevee fans. And to completely honest, I would like at maximum 0-1 new Eevees, ever. I'm definitely not one of those people who wants an Eeveelution for every type.

I agree, I like Glaceon but I flat out admit, it has bad stats distribution, bad movepool, an annoying way of obtaining it & even a terrible ability...I mean why not Glalie's ability Ice Body, at least Vaporeon & Jolteon have Water Absorb & Volt Absorb respectively...it doesn't even have a good variety of moves it can learn via TM/HM or even Tutor for that matter...however, I do want this fixed come a future Gen & I want a Eevolution of the Poison, Steel, Ground, Dragon & Bug Types at least...don't really care about the remaining types after that except maybe the Ghost Type...maybe...

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

To be quite honest, Eeveelutions are not that good in battle, they are only to look at. They don't really serve a purpose. I think they should stop at 7.

{darkrai}

Sat May 01, 2010 3:46 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Back in RBY I found Jolteon to be rather powerful. Flareon and Vaporeon did decently well, but had limited movepools, especially for Flareon. Umbreon and Espeon both worked great for me, and I found their design interesting enough. But when Glaceon and Leafion came out the Eevolutions seem to have lost their lustre. Perhaps it was because I felt that Glaceon was rather unnecessary, since it's pretty close to Vaporeon's Water type. Of all the types they could have chosen, they chose Ice :/

Having said that, I wouldn't be heavily opposed to new Eevolutions, but like Frost said it has to be novel. Having a Dragon type with offensive stats to round up the Special types is something I haven't thought of, and I think it'll be a good idea.

Sat May 01, 2010 8:39 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

sN0wBaLL wrote:
Having said that, I wouldn't be heavily opposed to new Eevolutions, but like Frost said it has to be novel. Having a Dragon type with offensive stats to round up the Special types is something I haven't thought of, and I think it'll be a good idea.

Agreed on all points...

Sun May 02, 2010 11:40 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I wouldnt mind a Dragon, Steel,or Flying type Eevee, I want to see them put wings on Eevee anything else I dont really need. Rock, ground, bug, and fighting types would probably be downright ugly. and we dont need a poison one it would be really redundant and we relly dont need a poison type(it would be called Toxeon and would be useless cince i never use poison types) an i seriously for the life of me dont want to know how they will kill Eevee and make it a ghost if I left out a type or 2 I dont care cause Eevee dosent need one of those, then all we'd need is a Legendary Eevee( that im completely unserious about, but i wouldnt put it past Game freak it just might happen)

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Sun May 02, 2010 2:38 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Hey, don't just assume that the poison eevee would be called that, AlphaArceus cause there is other things they could use in the brainstorming of the Poison Type Eevolution's name & it will be useful even if not to you & there is plenty of decent looking Ground Type pokemon & there is Sudowoodo & about 2 other decent looking Rock Type pokemon so I don't believe that they will look downright ugly, though I agree with you regarding the Fighting Type Eevolution since they tend to take a lesser appealing direction with the design of Fighting Type pokemon but I also believe that the Bug Type Eevolution would look awesome if they were to make it, maybe with spider legs coming out of it's back & compound eyes, etc...

Mon May 03, 2010 8:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

We need a ghost (opposite of normal) eevee-like pokemon (not a ghost eevee, though) that can have multiple evolutions similar to eevee.

Perhaps a ghost that "inhabits" certain hold items - so if it's traded w/ softsand it becomes a ground-ghost that looks like a dust storm, if it's traded with metal coat it becomes a haunted suit of armor, if it's traded with a dragon claw it becomes a ghost dragon, etc. Just so long as it doesn't over lap with the eevee evolution types it should be cool and fulfill the general idea.

Thu May 06, 2010 10:08 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't like the idea of a ghost ground eeveelution because eevee's have always been cat or feline based and I see absolutely no reason to change that.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Thu May 06, 2010 6:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

KingErick wrote:
I don't like the idea of a ghost ground eeveelution because eevee's have always been cat or feline based and I see absolutely no reason to change that.

I was suggesting a NEW pokemon, NOT eevee, that had multiple evolutions like Eevee. Not eevee because eevee's evolution plate is full.

Thu May 06, 2010 7:10 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

KingErick wrote:

Tbh, their type will not determine how they look so I don't see why they wouldn't stick to the fomula they used on every other Eevolution so far seeing as they all look like Eevee at least a little bit...

Fri May 07, 2010 2:50 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I like the Eeveelutions and I'd like to see more, but Gamefreak is losing it. If they did make all the rest of the Eeveelutions, though, this is what their names could be:
Poison-Venomeon
Steel-Metaleon
Ground-Terreon
Rock-Pebbleon
Bug-Insecteon (yeah, I know it sucks)
Fighteon-Puncheon
Dragon-Draceon (worse than Insecteon)
Ghost-Shreikeon
Flying-Aereon
Normal-Eeveeon (that would be pretty funny)

Raise your hand if you noticed that in the types, I wrote Fighteon instead of Fighting.

Sun May 09, 2010 6:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
KingErick wrote:

Tbh, their type will not determine how they look so I don't see why they wouldn't stick to the fomula they used on every other Eevolution so far seeing as they all look like Eevee at least a little bit...

Sorry but..i disagree.

Eeveelutions have the basic 'feline' shape about them and their look IS CLEAR to what type they are.

Flareon = its on fire
jolteon = it yellow and pointy
Vaporeon = its blue and has fish-like features
Umbreon = black
leafeon = covered in leaves

thats just a few but they mostly keep the same shape with added elements of their type mixed in with their look. Thats half the reason in pokedex entry for Eevee it was something saying that its DNA is unstable which causes it to change with the environment. So, im sure we're bound do see some new eeveelutions.

{darkrai}

Sun May 09, 2010 6:56 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I meant that their type will not make them stir away from eevee in some features so all of them will have something simular in common with Eevee like their figure for example I mean yes Jolteon has spikes on it's entire back side & tail & white neck fur but other then that it just looks like a yellow Eevee that's a bit bigger right?...

Sun May 09, 2010 11:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh sorry, i misunderstood. Yeah, that makes sense. But in general, Eeveelutions are rather bad in my opinion, the only one i have ever used is a psychic-tergeter espeon. Pretty useless IMO.

{darkrai}

Mon May 10, 2010 7:53 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next