It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:18 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next
 BW Pre-Release News Thread - FIN! 
THE POWER IS ON!

This is what the public currently knows about the upcoming Generation V games.

Generation V will be released on the Nintendo DS on September 18, 2010 in Japan; the American release date is not yet known, but will probably be roughly Spring 2011. On April 8th, 2010, it was revealed that the games will be called Pokemon Black and White Versions. We don't know how many new Pokemon will be present; which older Pokemon will be present; which older Pokemon will get new evolutions or pre-evolutions; or where the region will be, although we do know that its name is the Isshu Region.

The first two of its Pokemon to be revealed were Zorua and Zoroark. Zoroark was revealed as a silhouette on the Japanese TV show Pokemon Sunday on February 4, 2010. On February 10, 2010, early copies of the March 2010 edition of Corocoro magazine were scanned that revealed both Zoroark and its pre-evolution Zorua's appearances. Zorua, the "Evil Fox" Pokemon, is 2'4" tall and weighs 27.5 pounds; Zoroark, the "Monster Fox" Pokemon, is 5'3" and weighs 179.4 pounds. They are pure Dark-types, and Zoroark is also the star of the upcoming thirteenth movie Ruler of Illusions: Zoroark.

Image Image

On April 17th, 2010, the first gameplay footage was shown on Pokemon Sunday. On April 23, 2010, TV Tokyo announced that the Diamond and Pearl saga of the anime would be concluding in the third quarter of the year. Because it was previously revealed that Black and White will be released in Fall 2010 in Japan, and because the anime usually times the beginning of a new saga with the release of its parent set of games, it seems extremely likely that Black and White's Japanese release date will be in September 2010, which is the only month that is both in the third quarter of the year as well as the season of autumn.

On May 1, 2010, Pokemon Sunday revealed that they would showing a silhouette for another new Pokemon on the following week's episode and that the Pokemon in question would be revealed fully after another week. On May 8, 2010, silhouettes of the starter trio were revealed on Pokemon Sunday. A few days later on May 12, 2010, Corocoro finally leaked, revealing that the games will take place in the Isshu Region and unveiling the three starters:

On May 28, 2010, Pokemon.com updated with a new promotional animation for Black and White. In addition to the North American release of the games given as Spring 2011, two new creatures named Reshiram and Zekrom appear at the end of the animation. These are the new version mascot Legendaries.

On June 11, 2010, the July 2010 edition of Corocoro was leaked and revealed seven new Pokemon as well as the Isshu Region's Professor. The Professor is Araragi, a woman. The new Pokemon are Normal-type chinchilla Chiramii; Normal/Flying-type pigeon Mamepato; Steel-type Gears; Psychic-type Mun'na; Fire-type ape Hihidaruma; Electric-type horse Shimama; and Ground/Dark-type crocodile Meguroko.

On June 24th, 2010, Pokemon Sunday revealed that the games would be released in Japan on September 18th, 2010. The next day on Oha Suta, a new gameplay trailer revealed eight new Pokemon and knowledge that triple battles would be added to the games. The new Pokemon are Moguryuu and Doryuuzu, a mole family; Denchura, a possibly Electric-type tarantula; Desukan, a sarcophagus; and Ononokusu and three unnamed Pokemon (later revealed to be Gochiruzeru, Rankurusu and Gigaiasu). Several screenshots of this video, featuring the new Pokemon, can be found here, while the actual trailer can be watched here. Twenty-two BW Pokemon are currently known, with apparently none being related to older Pokemon yet. On the same day, some concept art from the anime was leaked that was later confirmed as likely to be legitimate. It contains four new Pokemon, including Mijumaru and Tsutaaja's evolved form.

On July 5, Koromori, the flying Pokemon from the concept art, was revealed as legitimate, and on July 9, the other Pokemon between Jessie and the new girl was shown to be real via in-game sprites. This Pokemon was shown as a Bandai figure with several confirmed Generation V Pokemon, including the starters and mascots, and another bear-like figure that might be a Pokemon. Only July 9, users on 2ch.net also revealed that a BW demo was out and a screenshot was shown with a bird Pokemon that might be Mamepato's evolution as well as a rodent-like Pokemon. On July 11, the August 2010 Corocoro leaked, showing Wooguru, an eagle-based Pokemon whose silhouette was shown on Pokemon Sunday a day earlier, and Mushaana, the evolved form of Munna, and officially naming the gothic humanoid Gochiruzeru and huggy white Pokemon with a green aura, Rankurusu.

On July 21, 2010, Oha Suta aired footage of a triple battle that showed the back of a new Pokemon, Mamanbou, and officially revealed the name of the Rock-type from the trailer with Gochiruzeru and Rankurusu: Gigaiasu. On July 24, Pokemon Sunday named the Pokemon shown at the end of the Zoroark movie: Bikutini. It is #000 in the Isshu Dex. On July 30, a new Oha Suta trailer aired that showed Pokemon Musical, the new replacement to Contests; a new feature of the C-Gear, named the Hi-Link; the Isshu region's villainous Team Plasma; and three new Pokemon: a stork or swan, a baby deer (Shikijika) and Minezumi's evolution Miruhoggu.

On August 3, the Sugimori art of the first new Pokemon of the month was leaked on the Japanese Yahoo! site, along with stock art of Bikutini, Shikijika, the swan Pokemon, Aloe, Dento and Team Plasma. Bikutini was confirmed as a Psychic/Fire-type with a new ability; it is 0.4m and 4kg, and its species is the Victory Pokemon. The new Pokemon is a caterpillar that is almost certainly a Bug-type. On August 6, two more new Pokemon were revealed via Pokemon Search bus tours: Emonga, an Electric/Flying-type flying squirrel, and Hihidaruma's pre-evolution, Darumakka. Shikijika was also confirmed as a Normal/Grass-type who changes appearances with the seasons, and Gigaiasu was confirmed to be pure Rock-type. Two more Pokemon revealed from the Bus Tours were Tabunne, a rabbit, and Basurao, a fish.

A few days later, two new Pokemon were shown in a demo trailer, but the quality was low and no further information was revealed at the time. On August 20th, Pokemon Sunday confirmed the legitimacy of the Grass-type monkey figurine, named Yanappu. There are currently 43 confirmed Pokemon from Generation V.

This thread will now be opened to serve as Black and White's catch-all news thread between now and their release.

Last edited by Krisp on Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:51 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Oh my yes

Sat May 08, 2010 4:58 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i bet the order from left to right is fire, grass then water

Sat May 08, 2010 5:40 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

They look like... I don't know what the first one (going left to right) is, but the one in the middle looks like a grass mouse, or something like that, and the third one reminds me of a sea lion or something like that, like an otter. The one on the left looks like something that belongs in a megaman Zero game.

Sat May 08, 2010 5:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

nah I bet from left to right:

grass, water, fire.

Of course, looking at that left one gives me a psychic vibe.

The middle one has a tail similar to marill, a water type. The left one has a tail that looks like it could be very cheasy looking flames, but I'm guessing leaves. The third one honestly doesn't look like a fire pokemon to me, but it was all that was left. I'm assuming that if it is a fire type, its going to be the first slow, defensive fire type they've had.

The first looks like a combo of {mewtwo} and {gallade}

The second looks like a combo of a {chikorita} and {marill}

The third looks like a combo of a {piplup} and I gues {magby} but there is some other pokemon that it really reminds me of that I can't remember...

Sat May 08, 2010 6:03 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Ajit seems right on the Poke. I think that Nintendo is trying to steer players away from picking the Fire starter all the time by makeing it the least cool on purpose.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat May 08, 2010 6:11 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Maybe I'm biased, but none of these seem especially "cool". Now I can understand not wanting to retread old ground, but I can't be the only one hoping these cutaways are extremely misleading.

The first looks too fully evolved IMO, but I'm gonna call water here (fins).
Second is a grass pig. Yeah, that won't end well.
Third is an unreadable glob. Here's hoping it's cool... hoping...

Sat May 08, 2010 6:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

first- I have no idea
second- looks like a mouse and a pig thrown together with rabbit ears
Third- some kind of otter, I dont know that we've had an otter before

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Sat May 08, 2010 6:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Top - Rabbit/Pig - Fire
Right - Beaver - Water
Left - Lizard - Grass

I'm callin' it right now.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Last edited by Ryanh181 on Sun May 09, 2010 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 08, 2010 6:54 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Going from left to right, here is my opinion of what is what;

1/Left = from the silhouette of each starter, this one looks the coolest to me & I suspect it to be either the Grass starter or maybe the Fire starter by chance
2/Middle = from the silhouette I see this one I guess being the Water starter
3/Right = from the silhouette I see this one as being either the Fire starter or by chance maybe the Water starter

So this is what I guess is going on;

Left = Grass Starter
Middle = Water Starter
Right = Fire Starter

Owww, I'm betting it all on this & there is a high chance of me being wrong...owww I can't wait to see them in full blown color...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat May 08, 2010 6:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

labarith wrote:
Maybe I'm biased, but none of these seem especially "cool". Now I can understand not wanting to retread old ground, but I can't be the only one hoping these cutaways are extremely misleading.

The first looks too fully evolved IMO, but I'm gonna call water here (fins).
Second is a grass pig. Yeah, that won't end well.
Third is an unreadable glob. Here's hoping it's cool... hoping...

My thoughts exactly. They look incredibly ugly. I'm scared.

In addition,

the left one looks like it has the head of either {cyndaquil} or {celebi} , depending on where it is looking.

The middle one looks like a {psyduck} and {grumpig} hybrid on all fours and like ajit said, {marill} 's tail...a bunny pig doesn't sound too inviting

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sat May 08, 2010 8:05 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

They all do look incredibly ugly...at least from their silhouettes anyway, I am praying that at least 2 of them actually impresses me once they're fully revealed to us, I prey...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sat May 08, 2010 11:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
They all do look incredibly ugly...at least from their silhouettes anyway, I am praying that at least 2 of them actually impresses me once they're fully revealed to us, I prey...

Thank you, i totally agree. One looks like a failed chikorita, another is an otter/beaver and the third, what on earth? As usual i won't use the starters but still, From the silhouettes, i'm dissapointed

{darkrai}

Sun May 09, 2010 3:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Judging from the silhouettes, it's like you could easily find fake sprites that look cooler. It really scares me. Zorua and Zoroark didn't even impress me one bit, because it is so damn reminiscent of {riolu} and {lucario} (I hate those two), just like {infernape} was to {blaziken} . I'm beginning to think the fifth gen will ruin the franchise for good.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sun May 09, 2010 4:30 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

AceTrainer wrote:
Judging from the silhouettes, it's like you could easily find fake sprites that look cooler. It really scares me. Zorua and Zoroark didn't even impress me one bit, because it is so damn reminiscent of {riolu} and {lucario} (I hate those two), just like {infernape} was to {blaziken} . I'm beginning to think the fifth gen will ruin the franchise for good.

0_o wow, okay, i can unserstand if you didn't like the starters but Zorua and Zoroark actually look as badass as Darkrai XD I think the 'werewolf' feel of them will be a different efefct added to the pokemon games since i'm kind of sick of seeing the 'cute cuddly' pokemon.

{darkrai}

Sun May 09, 2010 5:13 am
THE POWER IS ON!

I like how we're already jumping to the conclusion that Generation V will RUIN THE FRANCHISE based on three SILHOUETTES. Silhouettes can't be ugly. They can't be stupid. They can't be lame. They can't have the power to end the entire series. The Fire one can't be intentionally designed to be the lamest when we don't even know for sure which one IS the Fire starter. How about we at least wait until the Pokemon are fully REVEALED before having our kneejerk reactions about how sucky they are and how they're going to cause the entire franchise to collapse in on itself? Christ.

Sun May 09, 2010 8:09 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Duh Frost! Everything new is stupid! Just like all the Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon! (Johto is cool now though because it's so old skool 8-))

Sun May 09, 2010 8:12 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

This is quite simple:

LEFT: I don't know what it is, probably some sort of reptilian creature. GRASS
MIDDLE: Definetely a fire pig. I don't know what's up with the ears though. It doesn't matter. This bacon can cook itself! *insert groan here* FIRE
RIGHT: A platypus. PLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAASSSSSEEEE... Well, probably not. It's most likely a combination of an otter, a beaver, and maybe, just MAYBE, a platypus. WATER

Case closed. Well, uh, sort of.

Sun May 09, 2010 9:25 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Frost...chill. ^^

thing is, people are ASSUMING that they are sticking to the fire/grass/water starters...we dont know yet. cant wait until later this week when more info is given out.

{darkrai}

Sun May 09, 2010 10:07 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Krisp wrote:
Duh Frost! Everything new is stupid! Just like all the Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon! (Johto is cool now though because it's so old skool 8-))

amen!

thank you krisp of the clan of chips

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sun May 09, 2010 2:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm going to assume the one in the middle is the Grass starter, the one on the right is the Water, and the one on the left is the Fire.

Darkrai-follower wrote:

thing is, people are ASSUMING that they are sticking to the fire/grass/water starters...we dont know yet. cant wait until later this week when more info is given out.
{darkrai}

Thing is Nintendo will never change Fire/Grass/Water starter triangle because that is something everyone understands, and has become a staple in the Pokemon game franchise. Still based on the silhouettes I think their designs will look fairly interesting.

Sun May 09, 2010 2:10 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

shinashu taji wrote:
Thing is Nintendo will never change Fire/Grass/Water starter triangle because that is something everyone understands, and has become a staple in the Pokemon game franchise. Still based on the silhouettes I think their designs will look fairly interesting.

Yeah, I am tired of people raising these...should I say rumors of the starters not being the Fire/Water/Grass triangle we basically grew up with & with secondary types coming into play more this is not likely in the least bit...I am tired of this like Frost is tired of people going overboard about how bad the silhouettes look, which I actually agree on as I just was saying that based on the silhouettes alone, they are not looking promising, at least not their basic evolution stages anyway...

Sun May 09, 2010 2:28 pm
The Geek
The Geek

Totally ugly. Absolutely and completely ugly, the most hideous looking things I've ever seen.

They're even worse than THESE three silhouettes:

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Sun May 09, 2010 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Jigglypuff wrote:
Totally ugly. Absolutely and completely ugly, the most hideous looking things I've ever seen.

& now I don't even favor one silhouette over the other 2 anymore...*sign*...

Sun May 09, 2010 3:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

come on guys, don't judge so harshly by some silhouettes...

I mean ditto has a horrible silhouette and has a big fan base lol.

Anyways, I'm going to add some guess for what their secondary type will be...

for the left one, I'm going to say Grass/Psychic. Middle one, Water/Electric. Right one, Fire/Ground...

I don't know, the more I look at it the more I think the right one is water, but I'm going to stick with my gut and say fire...

Sun May 09, 2010 3:22 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next