It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Guide to the Voltorb Flip game 
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Spoinkable wrote:
Gah, you suck.
I've reached lv 8 ONCE, and my first guess of the board was a {voltorb}
D***it

Hey, at least you made it to LV8...I still haven't done that yet &...I just got what D*** means...god that was stupid of me, damn...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:19 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

With 2 2's and 6 3's 2916 is the highest I've gotten. Seems the game doesn't want to give 1 2 and 7 3's.

Sat May 01, 2010 4:56 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm not entirely sure about the maximum (having failed to reach level 8 enough times to confirm it), but my theory is that the Coin reward won't go above 3,000. If anyone earns more Coins than that from level 8, please tell me about it. You can never have too much confirmation.

As for the other levels, the listed Coin rewards have so far been confirmed by my own experience, except that the boundary between levels 5 and 6 has been changed from 700 to 600 after I earned 648 Coins on level 6.

Spoinkable wrote:

I've reached lv 8 ONCE, and my first guess of the board was a {voltorb}.

I feel your pain. That happened to me the first time I reached level 8, and sometimes happens on levels 4 to 7 when I'm trying to build up a decent amount of Coins, costing me all my progress and forcing me to start from level 1 again. :( I hate that.

Well done on reaching level 8, though. :D Winning five games in a row is a lot harder than it seems. But sometimes, once you reach level 8, your luck runs out...

Sun May 02, 2010 4:33 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I can now pretty much speed through levels one through five without having to label any cards. I'm a compulsive labeler in this game.

Sun May 02, 2010 3:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have yet to challenge myself to NOT label what I know has a 1 value (1's and Voltorbs)
But I'm sure it would make things go by much more quickly...

Benjamin, you have inspired me

Sun May 02, 2010 5:55 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I still do mark everything, except on level 1. On later levels I rely on the marks as reminders to avoid silly mistakes.
Sometimes, when I know where all the bombs are in a line I've marked, I'll clear the cards that I know are only 1s. Just for the sake of it...

I haven't managed to reach level 8 again since the first time I cleared it. Oh well, I'll keep trying...

Sun May 02, 2010 6:52 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I wish you could just buy coins. This game hurts my soul (LOL SoulSilver).

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon May 03, 2010 4:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ugh... cant get past level three... course, ive only played three times b4 getting bored XD

Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Benjamin wrote:
I can now pretty much speed through levels one through five without having to label any cards. I'm a compulsive labeler in this game.

I can speed through Levels 1-6 & sometimes even 7 without labeling any cards

Mektar wrote:
I wish you could just buy coins. This game hurts my soul (LOL SoulSilver).

You & me both, you & me both & it's a shame

Ryder wrote:
ugh... cant get past level three... course, ive only played three times b4 getting bored XD

I didn't get past this level on my first trip to the Game Corner either, I'm sure you can do it next time following the guide even if not much

@ DarkAriados = Thank you for helping me reach LV7 & almost LV8 with this guide once I reread it anyway...I going to try again later tonight, I should get to LV8 this time based on how well last time went, I don't like this game but at least I am improving rapidly this time...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Mon May 03, 2010 8:02 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

One thing I think really ought to be commended about how the game was designed is the music - especially the music that plays when you hit a Voltorb. It doesn't annoy me, and even helps to ease the frustration of a loss. It's the reason losing is bearable, and the reason I have the patience to keep going. Props to the person who came up with that tune!

Lawence Codye wrote:

I can speed through Levels 1-6 & sometimes even 7 without labeling any cards.

@ DarkAriados = Thank you for helping me reach LV7 & almost LV8 with this guide once I reread it anyway...I going to try again later tonight, I should get to LV8 this time based on how well last time went, I don't like this game but at least I am improving rapidly this time...

Wow, you've really gotten good at this game! :D Well done, and I'm so glad I was able to be of help.
I feel extremely proud that I've been able to help people with this guide. :D

Mon May 03, 2010 8:38 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah...I was already good at it but it seems that the part of the logic pertaining to adding up the Number Sum & Voltorbs Sum was not among my knowledge until I reread the guide...

Also, I hate to admit it but I agree with you, the music is a help in not going off the handle when losing at this game & it is well done I must say...

Mon May 03, 2010 9:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

idk y everyone hates this so much, it seems pretty straight forward to me... if the top and bottom number add up to five (i.e. 2+3=5, or 4+1=5) then don't touch anything in that row or column. but, once you get to level four, it gets pretty tough. idk i can usually rack up 4-5 hundred in one session if i work at it.

Tue May 04, 2010 2:17 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

rex09 wrote:
idk y everyone hates this so much, it seems pretty straight forward to me... if the top and bottom number add up to five (i.e. 2+3=5, or 4+1=5) then don't touch anything in that row or column. but, once you get to level four, it gets pretty tough. idk i can usually rack up 4-5 hundred in one session if i work at it.

*sign* we hate it because it is based too much on luck & once you get to the higher levels, the logic thing mostly goes out the window & it becomes a guessing game (this also is based on luck if the game is easy to beat at a level or not)...I get way more then you do a session & I'm complaining about the game which tells you something...

Tue May 04, 2010 7:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

alrite, alrite. I was just expressing an opinion. And by a session, i mean 10-15 minutes of playing, since i get bored after that. And since you're getting more, maybe you shouldn't complain??

Wed May 05, 2010 5:15 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
rex09 wrote:

*sign* we hate it because it is based too much on luck & once you get to the higher levels, the logic thing mostly goes out the window & it becomes a guessing game (this also is based on luck if the game is easy to beat at a level or not)...I get way more then you do a session & I'm complaining about the game which tells you something...

>>based on luck
... it replaced the game corner ... you trying to tell me you had a slots strategy?

EDIT: the site is changing periods into exclamations?!

Wed May 05, 2010 1:01 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

rex09 wrote:
alrite, alrite. I was just expressing an opinion. And by a session, i mean 10-15 minutes of playing, since i get bored after that. And since you're getting more, maybe you shouldn't complain??

I know you were, so was I, not saying my last post to break spirits but just saying...

Birdlover wrote:
>>based on luck
... it replaced the game corner ... you trying to tell me you had a slots strategy?

EDIT: the site is changing periods into exclamations?!

Firstly, of course I did, BUY, BUY, BUY my way into wealth & lastly, no it's changing all the ellipses of post with more then 4 of them into "!!!" (quotes included) probably to stop people from using excessive punctuation (mainly ellipses), meh...

Wed May 05, 2010 2:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

don't worry lawence codye, i get what you're saying.

i can see how it's frustrating not to be able to just buy what you want (although it always took a chunk out of my reserves). makes it a lot harder to get a porygon :-(. but for some reason, my mom is really good at this game, and enjoys it. so when i want something, I just ask her to play lol. well, i guess it's a good thing we can all just import what we want from a different game!!

Wed May 05, 2010 2:37 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah, that's the only redeeming factor to not being able to buy your way to a Porygon, etc...

Wed May 05, 2010 2:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I would actually agree with the comments about simply being able to buy the prizes (albeit with an excessive amount of money) instead of playing the old Slots. It's easier that way, and gives you something to do with all the extra moolah you get from fighting the Elites and things like that...

In this game, on the other hand, you have to work hard to get the prizes, and there's no get-around for it. For those of us who were too used to the option of simply spending a bucketload of dough and getting the prizes very easily, the removal of that option is frustrating. But the question remains about whether it was better that way - or was the old get-around (no joke intended) a bit cheap?

Thu May 06, 2010 10:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

well, i'm glad that we have to actually have to work at it to get our prizes. This way, we actually have to think about it, instead of leaving it up to chance (freaking slots) which is what i like about it. Admittedly, however, it was a lot easier to just buy everything, no matter how expensive it was. guess it just depends on how fast you want to get your stuff. i don't really care, so i pick voltorb flip since it provides a nice challenge.

Fri May 07, 2010 4:19 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i hate the game ticks me off i am so glad i got 900 of every tm and item
never have to play this freaking game again

Fri May 07, 2010 7:14 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Well, I will say this, in terms of just Voltorb Flip & Slot Machines as Options I will always choose Voltorb Flip over the other one simply cause it is FREE to play & even if I may not like it I get more coins from this per seesion then I have gotten from the Slot Machines in every game combined ever...

When you add the Option to Buy Victory (you know what I mean here) then it becomes the naturally more peffered choice as it is kind of like spoiling people into not giving the game of luck any shot which I absolutely love...

Seeing as I feel your pain Lord_vegeta but agree with rex09 so where I stand on this DarkAriados is...it is way better this way, just hope that they put the ability to buy coins back into the game in the next Gen or make this game less frustrating, I don't know...

Fri May 07, 2010 2:39 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

In the start that 10K price on the Tm's seem a bit harsh but after a while you'll be rollign level 8 a few times in a row and you get 10K in a matter of minutes.

Fri May 07, 2010 3:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

damn, silith, a few times in a row?? never gotten beyond level 6. tho my mom's gotten to level seven a few times in a row. but level eight?? kudos, man...
hmmm, i like the fact that the games are free, but the fact that it's so hard for most people to play (i mean, we're all poke-addicts/game-addicts, mostly, and teens/adults mostly, so can you imagine what this does to a little kid??) makes it unlikely that they'll do this again. but hey, you never know; they could come up with another ridiculously obscure game that has a voltorb-flip feel. pinball anyone :-) ?? jkjk, that's not going to happen either... damn....lol

Fri May 07, 2010 8:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Though this is guide is well written it is completely useless to me. I could have the best guid in the world, do something like this perfectly according to the guide, but ultimately get beat down by my own bad luck. Seriously I have never even gotten past level one, and I do get the basics of the game, I just have horrible luck.

Fri May 07, 2010 9:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next