It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 double check on ubers 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

hello i don't know if this is in the right place coz i'm a n00b to this site and when i get my answer you can lock this

are these pokemon ubers

cresselia
jirachi
moltreas [and zapdos etc]
wobbafeat
smeargle

Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The ubers are Mew(two), Ho-oh, lugia, Wobbufet, Jirachi, Deoxys (all forms), Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Garchomp, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Shaymin, Arceus, and Darkrai (I may have missed a few). The legendary birds, the dogs, the Regi's (including gigas) are not considered legendaries, and neither are Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Heatran, or Cresellia. Hope this helps:)

Actually, i was wrong, Celebi and Jirachi are not considered ubers.

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Blastiose_ex wrote:

Actually, i was wrong, Celebi and Jirachi are not considered ubers. Sorry for double posting

They're not, but I'm wondering personally if Celebi will become one sometime soon as it now carries Nasty plot, which aside from type and hydration makes Celebii outclass Manaphy in OU and in Ubers(w/o Kyorge support).

(And Jirachi should be Uber IMO due to it's 60% flinch Iron head and overall great type/stats/movepool. /rant)

Discussion anyone?

Thu May 06, 2010 11:18 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Chef I totally concur with you on the Jirachi situation. Sixty percent flinch rate is just obscene and totally unfair if you aren't carrying any Scarfs on any of your dudes. Still while this is totally gross and somewhat broken it can be beat if you play well enough and predict its switching in to put it asleep. Still I digress, I have lost way to many matches to ScarfIronHeadRachi.

Thu May 06, 2010 1:51 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Scarfs don't help if you get hit with T-wave or Body Slam's 60% para. You have a better chance retaliating against +6 evasion then the 2-turn para+grace flinch. Also with evasion you can at least stall with recovery moves. >.> I'm just glad Jirachi is semi rare/poor IV'd in Wifi, Togekiss is almost as bad but a bit easier to take out with boltbeam+rock weaknesses and toxic.

Inb4 someone yells at us for bawwing.

Thu May 06, 2010 3:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasterChef wrote:
Inb4 someone yells at us for bawwing.

Technically I don't see this as bawwing, more or less a discussion on something we just plain don't like. Well with the American release of Jirachi we are bound to see a lot more good IV'd ones due to people constantly soft resetting for one. Just imagine if Rachi had access to a confusion inducing move. Confusion normally is a fifty percent chance of hitting yourself, just imagine combined with Serene Grace you ain't never gonna get to attack. I have never had any problems with Togekiss as most of the time I have encountered them they are with players who don't know how to set up properly with it. Still the two things that I hate the most in WiFi battling, ScarfRachi and BandBulletPunchScizor.

Thu May 06, 2010 6:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

shinashu taji wrote:
Just imagine if Rachi had access to a confusion inducing move.

Swagger, risky but 90% confusion and steel type helps take the hit. (when they hit)

BandScizor fails to bulky waters and Rotom-A, why can't rotom be used in wi-fi :(

Fri May 07, 2010 6:51 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasterChef wrote:
Rotom-A, why can't rotom be used in wi-fi :(

Rotom-A can be used in WiFi, but only with other players using Platinum or Heart Gold and Soul Silver. This is so because the multiple Rotom forms didn't exist back in the days of Diamond and Pearl.

Fri May 07, 2010 2:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Really? I always heard it just changed back when you entered those rooms regardless. Even so that fact still makes him unreliable to use, as they can easily cripple your rotom by using a DP game pak.

Fri May 07, 2010 3:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well the fact of the matter is, things can get screwy and people do it to mess with people. I for one just hate ScarfRachi, and have only zero counters for it. I finally got me another perfect Scizor counter, say hello to Magnezone with Hidden Power [Fire].

Fri May 07, 2010 4:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Just make sure you have enough speed to avoid CB superpower :p

Edit: just used rotom in plat vs. HG not only does it revert to normal but if you walk out of the wifi room you have to re-merge with the appliance :(

Fri May 07, 2010 4:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

shinashu taji wrote:
Well the fact of the matter is, things can get screwy and people do it to mess with people. I for one just hate ScarfRachi, and have only zero counters for it. I finally got me another perfect Scizor counter, say hello to Magnezone with Hidden Power [Fire].

This might sound stupid but you can use that magnezone for a Jirachi counter too. All you have to do is give him a flame orb. That way, he will be burned and you don't have to deal with that ridiculous 60% paralysis chance from Serene Grace, and then you can use HP fire to do some damage. Not that I enjoy having a burnt pokemon but it beats getting your speed quartered :|. The downside is that if they're not using ScarfRachi you basically just burnt your Magnezone for no reason. Personally I like puttng a life orb on mine.

On another completely random note, I forgot to mention that Latios is an Uber as well but I forgot to put it on the list

Thu May 13, 2010 5:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Why the hell would I give a Pokemon without Guts/Quick Feet a Flame Orb. The point of ScarfRachi is to flinch the opponent to death.

Thu May 13, 2010 1:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

shinashu taji wrote:
Why the hell would I give a Pokemon without Guts/Quick Feet a Flame Orb. The point of ScarfRachi is to flinch the opponent to death.

Oh I thought that you were saying Body Slam, I just had a blonde moment :) In that case, just find something with Inner Focus. Lucario works with Blaze Kick, Earthquake, or HP Fire, or you could even do [fail] Crobat with Heat Wave [/fail], but I would prefer using a Dragonite with EQ since it will do more damage and has enough Defense to be able to take a Headbutt without too much trouble (or set up a Dragon Dance).

Fri May 14, 2010 4:46 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So you are calling a Pokemon who is tied for sixth place as the fastest Pokemon, and a Pokemon who has access to Nasty Plot which boosts its Special Attack to obscene levels fail? I don' think so. Besides Inner Focus does jack **** against a Pokemon that is going to switch out once its selected flinch moves becomes resisted. So ScarfRachi comes back in, attacking with Fire Punch against said Lucario and Ice Punch/Zen Headbutt for this "fail" Crobat you speak of.

Fri May 14, 2010 5:02 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't think Crobat is a fail; I actually love Crobat, he's my all-time favorite Poison type. And he's actually tied for 3rd highest speed in OU, since three of the pokemon above him are forms of Deoxys. You could pull off a Nasty plot, but you would have to find a way to avoid Zen Headbutt as it will likely OHKO it. I actually like this idea alot, since Dragonite isn't particularly fast. But, I still think your Magnezone could work since it is resistant to both Psychic and Normal, and has acces to Thunder Wave, which would quarter Jirachi's Speed, putting it down to a base 37.5 even with the scarf, which is less than Magnezone's base 60. And if Jirachi can't outspeed you, he can't make you flinch. Then you trap him with Magnet pull and HP Fire him to death. Problem solved. The only issue is getting the thunder wave to hit it in the first place, since you will only be able to attack either 40% with Zen Headbutt or 60% with Headbutt. Still, Magnezone will resist either attack and has a decent Defense stat, so you just have to stall until you stop flinching. Another option would be to give it a Quick Claw, giving you about a 51.5% chance to be able to attack it and paralyze him.

EDIT: Upon more closely looking at the situation, I found a better counter: 252 atk Adamant Spiritomb@Choice band with Pursuit.
Because of Spiritomb's typing, it is resistant to both of Jirachi's headbutts, which will likely force him to switch out, at which time you hit him with pursuit and take a decent chunk out of his HP. After about 15 minutes of using Psypokes stat calculators and whatnot, I found that a pursuit would get rid of 49.56 to 58.94% of Jirachi's HP, which means that if you do it twice, he's screwed. Just protect your Spiritomb. If he tries to put Jirachi back in later, repeat the process.

Fri May 14, 2010 7:09 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Blastiose_ex wrote:

Because of Spiritomb's typing, it is resistant to both of Jirachi's headbutts, which will likely force him to switch out, at which time you hit him with pursuit and take a decent chunk out of his HP. After about 15 minutes of using Psypokes stat calculators and whatnot, I found that a pursuit would get rid of 49.56 to 58.94% of Jirachi's HP, which means that if you do it twice, he's screwed. Just protect your Spiritomb. If he tries to put Jirachi back in later, repeat the process.

Iron head hits Spiritomb netural and requires no para to flinch. Most sets dont't use Zheadbutt, and only occasionally Body slam on non-scarf sets.

Inner focus does not help against ScarfRachi, as it's hits are strong enough to ohko/2hko all users bar Dragonite/Lucario who are OHKO'd by I-Punch and EQ/F-punch (moves commonly on scarfRachi). Inner focus is best used on leads to fail fake out users. Steadfast is fail as para kills it and 2 boosts are required to outspeed a +nature scarfRachi (Lucario may outspeed a neutral after 1 boost)

Fri May 14, 2010 5:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Also paralysis doesn't halve the base speed. It halves the stat that it has currently. So if its Speed is 500 it gets reduced to 250. Not that it has a base of 200 it gets reduced to 100.

Fri May 14, 2010 6:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Actually Paralysis drops the speed stat by 75%. So 500 would be dropped to 125.

Fri May 14, 2010 6:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Either way, you will still be able to outspeed it if it's paralyzed.

Also, I didn't really mean base speed, I was just using it as an example for comparative purposes, and I didn't feel like calculating the actual speed on the stat calc.

Sun May 16, 2010 11:43 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Blastiose_ex wrote:
Either way, you will still be able to outspeed it if it's paralyzed.

Also, I didn't really mean base speed, I was just using it as an example for comparative purposes, and I didn't feel like calculating the actual speed on the stat calc.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dude! Uncool! You just necromanced on this topic! Do you know how long ago the last post was? It was in MAY 2010. Whoa! That was like either right before or after I had just joined Psypoke. So yeah, I'm just glad the mods didn't catch you yet.
EDIT: It was 11 days after I joined! Seriously, that's long enough for me.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]