It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Safari Zone Optimization Guide 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

As Warden of the safari zone you are charged with creating a lush enviroment,
Image where fellow trainers(linked safari hunts) will enjoy your grand adventure.

However in order to attract a great variety of pokemon you must place various enviromental objects in in each safari region, Each region is limited to 30 object, however the longer a region remains unchanged the greater each objects enviromental impact will be(multipliers are 1-7). thus each region has Its own variety of pokemon that appear after their enviromental conditions have been met.
Now I figured that in order to find all the pokemon in a give region, there is a specific number of enviromental objects that must be place.

To Place an object start the safari game and walk up to the spot where you want to place it and press A. Up to 30 items may be place in each area.
The four enviroments that objects come from are Plains, Rock, Forest and Water, each enviroment has three items that can be place they are; (Shrubbery, Red Flower, White Flower), (Small rock, Big rock, Mossy Rock), (Tree, Stump, Branches), (Puddle, Water Hole, Fountain) respectively. There are also a variety of non-enviromental objects that will not cause pokemon to appear, but are just for decorational purposes.

The chart below list how many of each item must be placed, before all the pokemon will start to appear as well as how long it will take for all the pokemon to appear at once.

You can use the remaining objects anyway you want decorational or enviromental.

If you want to be able to catch all the pokemon that appear in the safari zone then you must have a friend select the 6 regions that you didn't select, for their safari zone and transfer their set-up to your game. so you can play your safari zone game at the left counter and your friends at the far right counter.

PS where you place object in the region doesn't matter as long as their there.

Caution! If you swap or sort a region all the objects will be cleared!
however they can be replaced and hold the same value

Note for Catching Safari zone pokemon, if the pokemon displays the message _________ is Happily Eating! or __________ is Besides itself with Anger! the next turn youll have a high chance of catching it! (But it can still flee immedately after displaying those messages)

Last edited by /vXv\ on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:21 am, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ok, im going to have mercy on you and actually post here since you're practically begging in the Game Corner section. XD and thanks, for all the numbers and info, etc. Im sure once i get to that part of the game this'll be a fantastic help.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Your not that far yet?
Well I didn't want to bump it, but it was reaching the bottom of the Page were topics disappear.
and I worked for 2 hours cruching numbers, I though this Was very important info, considering how long certian pokemon take to appear, Like even if you met a certian Pokemon (gible in this case) requirement the first day It wouldn't appear for 100 days after that (more than three months!)

Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:36 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

yeah. i understand the work that probably went into this guide. and i didnt want this guide to dissapear, cuz it'll be useful when i get my ds back. my parents took my ds for a week on sunday. lol, two and a half more days and i can probably use this guide. :D

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Why does it take so long for the Pokemon to appear? I think that's crazy.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Only the rarer pokemon take that long, gible, shelgon, metang etc

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

still, having gibles and metangs are useful

+1 to creator

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

KingErick wrote:
still, having gibles and metangs are useful

+1 to creator

Thanks PS I Updated the numbers so that now you can still have all the species appear and in the quickest time possible, Plus I fixed three small errors

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

hey, this is a great guide, but i have a question: Does time traveling help speed up the process, or would it get somehow messed up by it?? (like, i travel forward 90 days, catch pokemon x, then go back to the normal time.... what happens, if anything?)

Tue May 04, 2010 1:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

No it wouldn't because HGSS has a special method that prevents time travel It measure times by comeparing the time when you last saved to your current time, and then takeing a new time when you start the gamethus even if you change systems it will continue to have time past based events relative to the orginal date, but the hourly/daily events follow the current systems time.

In short no shortcuts.

Tue May 04, 2010 1:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ah, that makes sense. it's a good fix, too. but, unfortuneately, it means that i'm going to have to wait a while... oh well... Thanx!!

Tue May 04, 2010 3:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]