It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Pica Pica? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Pica
"An eating disorder, frequent in children, in which non-nutritional objects are eaten persistently."

So I was visiting the Moo Moo farm and happened to speak with my Typhlosion, to which I got the response:

Oh!
It ate something!
Open its mouth?

Yes > Your Pokemon pulled garbage out of its mouth!

As long as I said yes, talking to him again resulted in a high likelihood (like 90%) of him having more garbage in his mouth.

No > Ack! It seems to have something caught in its throat... It keeps spitting.

If he chokes on the garbage he'll get very angry for a period of time which leads you through a series of responses:
TYPHLOSION is making a face like it's angry!
TYPHLOSION let out a roar!
Your Pokemon turned to face the other way, showing a defiant expression...
TYPHLOSION seems angry for some reason!

At first I was afraid I had blown his happiness level down to zero however leaving the Moo Moo farm and walking clear of the area seems to clear up the temporary anger issues. Anyone else discovered this or any other amusing interactions?

Mon May 03, 2010 11:23 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Oh boy have I had my pokemon mad at me at random moments for sometimes absolutely nothing, but if for a reason it's usually because of clastrophobia (fear of closed in spaces) as on Route 35 & then there's them being scared of sounds in the thicket 3 times in a row which resulted in it...

& yes, the same thing happened with one of my pokemon & I said NO thinking it would attack me if I said YES & I got the same result you did, Diodon...

I also get messages from my Meganium on occasion which fits it's Serious Nature & Proud of It's Power Characteristic & one of them say something like "Lunar 1st wants attention right now..." "Will you give in?" (actually I think that's it) & another says something like "Lunar 1st is praising you with adoration" (not sure if this is right or not but Meganium & maybe Vaporeon are the only pokemon of mine that do this ever)...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue May 04, 2010 12:17 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

my pokemon tend always seem to be eating or nipping at my bag i always think something will fall out i tend to check if something is missing
never know

Tue May 04, 2010 12:19 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Lord_vegeta wrote:
my pokemon tend always seem to be eating or nipping at my bag i always think something will fall out i tend to check if something is missing
never know

That's what pretty much all the non-legendary pokemon I get do when I first start speaking to them...I hope your homies don't do this to you too do they?(I was reffering to your team you traveled with when I said homies)...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Tue May 04, 2010 12:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

na the love me hard core
mew is weird always spinning in circles happy as heck
my typhlosion i think likes me more then just as a friend

best one i gotten and cutest
mew is scared and snuggled up to angela

Tue May 04, 2010 12:53 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Lawence Codye, that's interesting that you found another interaction that gives you a choice of what to do. If those type of things are influenced by nature that would be kinda neat. I'll have to check the nature of my Typhlosion when I get him back out of the Pokewalker. I do know that the different types of Pokemon have different responses based on where they are and there is a list of many of the stock responses but I forget what website it was on. For instance, Typhlosion being a fire Pokemon gets grumpy if it is raining but water and I think grass type Pokemon enjoy it. I've also seen him get nervous near cliffs like the one over where the Safari Zone is.

I wonder how many different interactions there are that bring up a choice for you to make on the screen.

Tue May 04, 2010 8:13 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If you talk to them in that one restaurant, they might steal some food and it asks you if you want to scold them. now hears the weird part, they get confused and angry if you DONT scold them. XD if you DO scold them they pout for about five seconds and then are okay.

Tue May 04, 2010 10:10 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ryder, where is this restaurant? I think I'd like to try that out :)

Tue May 04, 2010 11:02 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I found that talking to your pokemon too much also makes it mad, Like when I was trying to get shiny leaves I just kept talking to it and sometime it would become angry
resterants are in olivine and celadon

Tue May 04, 2010 11:41 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

/vXv\ wrote:
I found that talking to your pokemon too much also makes it mad, Like when I was trying to get shiny leaves I just kept talking to it and sometime it would become angry

Must be what happened when I was looking for Shiny Leaves for Lopunny & Vaporeon, they were the last to get 5 Shiny Leaves & I got that senario too that Ryder was talking about & I think I said YES to scolding them, good times & also I got one like this "Morufogami is holding something" "Will you take it" & depending on the situation (whatever it may be) saying YES can be a good thing or a bad thing & saying NO is always a good thing but you don't get a accessory which the good yes gives you, good YES goes like "Hoshisuka happily handed it over" & the bad YES goes like "It is just too important to let go" & the NO goes like "Lopunny is happy to have found something"...I am sure everyone here has seen this senario once & I'm not sure if the statements are as said ingame but they are close...I didn't get anything from saying YES until well into the game...

Also, has anyone done any pokemon specific ones yet like when taking Sudowoodo to the Route it's caught on or as Ethan says, taking Pichu to the theatre in Ecruteak City (kimono girls location) or even like let's see I took Glaceon into Ice Cave & it said something about it being unusually happy or something but only once then the stupid responses about it freezing in here which is stupid cause it's an Ice Type pokemon, I also did something with Vulpix where it was in the Charcoal Kiln in Azalea Town that went like "Your pokemon is hot & cheerful !"...

Tue May 04, 2010 12:42 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm not sure what the policy is on linking to other sites but I know I've seen them mask out the domain name. Since psypokes doesn't have an equivalent list and since it contributes constructively to this discussion you can see a list of the basic interactions if you Google for "pokemon partner interaction" (don't put the phrase in quotes, just type each word in the search window). It should be the first link but I'm willing to bet it's taboo to say it out loud.

I think we've already discovered some interesting additions to that list that consist of more than just speaking to a type of Pokemon in a certain location, namely the interactions that give the player a choice.

Tue May 04, 2010 1:09 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

& also, I actually have seen a site with somewhat of a dedicated list for pokemon interactions in HGSS but I perfer to do it on my own so I won't go sticking my hand in the cookie jar, already did that with pre release info pertaining to HGSS & I regretted it...

Tue May 04, 2010 1:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]