It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 More remakes? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Odysseus wrote:
I think if Nintendo wanted to make a lot of money they'd make a Pokemon compilation game for the Wii. It would have the advantage of being appealing to anyone who's ever picked up and loved a Pokemon game while still being a cool new Wii game for the younger audiences. I liked Pokemon Colosseum and would love to see a game made for the Wii with that graphic style built with the entire continents of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and the new Gen 5 continent to explore. Nintendo probably won't ever do it, the time and money required for such an undertaking seems beyond what they're willing to spend on Wii titles, but it would certainly be epic if they did.

This could probably only be handled by the PS3, by a PC or by some new Nintendo system that has tons of capacity.
However, technical aspects aside, OMG I AGREE!
Can you IMAGINE?!?!
A compilation game would be epic in and of itself, but to have one for a TV, 3D, controller-and-all platform?
D***, I'd s*** myself when I'd see the ten-second teaser trailer.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:42 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Spoinkable wrote:
This could probably only be handled by the PS3, by a PC or by some new Nintendo system that has tons of capacity.
However, technical aspects aside, OMG I AGREE!
Can you IMAGINE?!?!
A compilation game would be epic in and of itself, but to have one for a TV, 3D, controller-and-all platform?
D***, I'd s*** myself when I'd see the ten-second teaser trailer.

I would want a compilation game too...it's kind of needed...

&, wth is "D***" spell, Spoinkable, lol?...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
wth is "D***" spell, Spoinkable, lol?...

That thing God does to bad people.

Also, can I get a "WUT WUT" for my 250th post?!?!
ACE TRAINER, BABY!

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:08 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
That thing God does to bad people.

Also, can I get a "WUT WUT" for my 250th post?!?!
ACE TRAINER, BABY!

Heh...guess I get it & "WUT WUT"!...can't wait til I get my 1000th post someday...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, it would be seriously epic to have all of the regions in one game. I loved the johto games because i could go back and see kanto..

Irrelevant but: noticed how Kanto is in every generation so far...
1: yellow/red/blue
2: Gold/silver/crystal
3:firered/leafgreen
4: Heartgold/Soulsilver
Maybe they'll do it again in generation V

Last edited by WirelessBrain on Sun May 02, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 01, 2010 3:51 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Irrelevant but: noticed how Kanto is in every generation so far...

Maybe they'll do it again in generation V

Yeah, maybe they will...it seems very likely, on paper anyway...

Sun May 02, 2010 11:29 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

to be honest..that would be a dream come true...full 3d kanto..thats a radical change from red/blue/yellow

Sun May 02, 2010 11:32 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Darkrai-follower wrote:
to be honest..that would be a dream come true...full 3d kanto..thats a radical change from red/blue/yellow

This of course goes without saying without question...

Sun May 02, 2010 11:36 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah...Sorry ^^''

But the sheer thought of it..back when playing Yellow i would never have even thought about touch screen...so much brightness..3 dimensional graphics..It's weird looking back.

Sun May 02, 2010 11:43 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Yeah...Sorry ^^''

But the sheer thought of it..back when playing Yellow i would never have even thought about touch screen...so much brightness..3 dimensional graphics..It's weird looking back.

Yeah...though I would love to get another pokemon game where starters were given to you like in the Yellow Version I mean all 3 of them too...

Sun May 02, 2010 11:49 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Darkrai-follower wrote:
Yeah, Sorry ^^''

But the sheer thought of it..back when playing Yellow i would never have even thought about touch screen, so much brightness, 3 dimensional graphics,It's weird looking back.

Yeah, though I would love to get another pokemon game where starters were given to you like in the Yellow Version I mean all 3 of them too...

That was good in my opinion,I'm playing yellow again (no idea why), but it's good having one set starting pokemon and not having a choice then recieving the r/b starters throughout the game. But also, having a rival who has a 'starter' thats not a 'opposite' as such. By having your trainer having the pika and the rival having the eevee it makes the game much more different to the other generations because you can anticipte what your rival will have whereas in yellow, it could end up one out of three...

{darkrai}

Last edited by WirelessBrain on Mon May 03, 2010 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 02, 2010 11:58 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah, I liked always knowing what 1 more of my rival's pokemon was going to be at the end of the day...it's calming & also, there is now a thing here where in your entire message (Quotes included) if their is more then 4 "..." then they will all become "!!!" until you fix it pretty much so be careful of that or your statement could be taken the wrong way, seriously...

Sun May 02, 2010 12:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, going along the pattern they've been, it would be safe to assume Gen V will be a new region.
Then the remake of Gen V will be Hoenn, which had Nothing to do with Kanto.

This may just be the first Gen with no ties to it whatsoever.
Wouldn't that be something!
It'd be almost as revolutionary as not including Zubat, Geodude and Psyduck in damn near ever cave!

Sun May 02, 2010 6:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

That's ridiculous, i always overuse '...' aswell XD

It is possible they would make a new remake of hoenn but, The only reason they made the fire red/leafgreen games was because there was no other way to get the majority of the kanto pokemon, and then in heart gold and soul silver...But there was no way to trade from r/b/y/g/s/c to the advance generations whereas there IS ways of trading from the hoenn games to the fourth gen..and if you can trade between fourth and fifth somehow, then there would be no need to have hoenn remakes.

Sorry if that was worded badly, i wasn't too sure how to put it.

{darkrai}

Mon May 03, 2010 4:41 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

This is a good point, but I don't think access to all the Pokemon of the National Dex is the only reason they made the remakes.
If they wanted all of us to complete the Dex without hacking, they wouldn't make so many legendaries event-only, in my opinion.

I think they created the remakes for an element of nostalgic fun with updated graphics, as well.
But, unless the games will be outrageously different in Gen V (which it's not looking like will happen),
it would be almost pointless to remake Gen III.
The graphics haven't improved nearly enough to have a substantial reason to remake RSE.

Look at the differences between Gens I and III. Crazy.
Now compare Gens II and IV. Also insane.
And finally, Gen III and what we've seen of V. Still improvement, but not as impressive.
Basically all they've done is added 3D and made some minor tweaks to the overall 'realness' of the world, and updated the battle screen.

Mon May 03, 2010 6:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I want a remake of every version just so that i have a game with every region on the ds.

Mon May 03, 2010 7:31 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, i see what you mean now. i wouldnt mind a gen III remake to be honest. But still..3d kanto would be better in my opinion C:

Mon May 03, 2010 11:14 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

yeah, it would. but kanto's been in every generation, as has been pointed out already. hoenn has only been in one generation. :/

Mon May 03, 2010 7:32 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I say the Hoenn remake should have the Kanto region in it as well as it was a very lackluster game content wise, even with the inclusion of the Contests, the Battle Tower/Battle Frontier, etc...

Mon May 03, 2010 8:09 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ryder wrote:
yeah, it would. but kanto's been in every generation, as has been pointed out already. hoenn has only been in one generation. :/

It's kind of a coincidence Kanto's been in every Generation.

Gen I - duh it's the plot
Gen II - duh part of the plot
Gen III - they remade Gen I
Gen IV - they remade Gen II

If this progression continues, there will be no Kanto in Gen V, as Hoenn was connected in darn near no way to Kanto.
The only way we would get yet another Kanto would be if GameFreak decided to give us an Easter Egg and let us visit Kanto - or parts of it - in Gen V's plot or subplot.

I'd also like to say, my earlier comment on how there's not much reason to remake Gen III... I was terribly mistaken.
They completely revamped Atk/SpAtk. Beasts like Milotic and Metagross will be so much easier to take down now.

Lawence Codye wrote:
I say the Hoenn remake should have the Kanto region in it as well as it was a very lackluster game content wise, even with the inclusion of the Contests, the Battle Tower/Battle Frontier, etc...

If they were to remake Hoenn, I'd be willing to bet they'd expand on those other islands on the map before they did anything.
You know, the ones they teased us with and put on the map, but didn't do anything with.

As far as being lackluster? Not really.
Can you imagine if they updated the underwater areas?
Not to mention, they'd probably include the newly-updated Safari Zone, which I'm sure will feature even more fun aspects.
Plus, Gen III had TONS of caves they can tweak a bit.

Sure, compared to Gen II, it's not that big;
but if you look at the sheer number of extra games to play and places to explore they added in Gen III, I actually thought it was pretty huge.

Last edited by Spoinkable on Mon May 03, 2010 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 03, 2010 9:00 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
If this progression continues, there will be no Kanto in Gen V, as Hoenn was connected in darn near no way to Kanto.
The only way we would get yet another Kanto would be if GameFreak decided to give us an Easter Egg and let us visit Kanto - or parts of it - in Gen V's games.

I really hope that Easter Egg happens cause without it I don't see much of a Hoenn game remake being a good idea unless they add some new area which is not the best of ideas as we all know how much a disapointment the game version of the Orange Islands were (Sevii Islands)...damn what a shame...7 Islands of lackluster content yeah that's refreshing...

Mon May 03, 2010 9:11 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i just thought of something epicly insane, what if they pulled a final fantasy on us and split the remake into 2-4 game cartriges with 1 or 2 remade regions (excluding isshu because it obviously doesnt need to be remade and it is said that it is distant from the others) on each and tie everything together somehow...the only downfall is that they would either get different release dates or cost like 60-80 bucks for the whole remake

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:55 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Has anyone else gone to the Celadon Condo's in HG/SS and talked to one of the Game Freak characters, who says that they are remaking a game?

I'm pretty sure the character is referring to Ruby and Sapphire, because there are no other games to remake, except remakes.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Aphex wrote:
Has anyone else gone to the Celadon Condo's in HG/SS and talked to one of the Game Freak characters, who says that they are remaking a game?

I'm pretty sure the character is referring to Ruby and Sapphire, because there are no other games to remake, except remakes.

haven't talked to them, but maybe they're referring to the fact that HGSS is a remake?? but the next remake will probably be RSE.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:36 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Copied what he says verbatim:

"What do you think? I am the President here. We are remaking an old game, but this is quite a challenge. Old fans would not want us to mess with their good memories... but there is no point in just redoing the same thing, right? We are working toward something that brings back memories, yet it is also completely new! I've been in this business for 20 years now, but creating a game is always a rewarding challenge!"

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next