It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Skan's Jhoto Safari Zone Optimization Guide! 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I won't go into the precise details of the Safari Zone, that information is available anywhere. Very basically, after you obtain the National Dex, you can start placing objects in the Safari Zone. These objects allow you to catch more Pokemon, level-up over time, and are removed when you shuffle around Safari Zone areas. Fortunately, they aren't removed when they level up. Unfortunately, you can only have 30 objects in one area at a time. This guide is to provide you with the combination that allows you to find the most number of Pokemon possible. I am omitting any Pokemon that can be obtained in HGSS without the use of the Safari Zone. Also, for the areas whose total is less than 30, feel free to put as many of whatever you want to obtain other Pokemon. You will have to wait for the full 130 days to level-up the objects.

Peak
- 14 Forest
- 9 Waterside
- 7 Plains

Desert
- 13 Plains
- 9 Forest
- 7 Peak

Plains
- 7 Waterside
- 4 Plains
- 4 Peak
- 4 Forest

Meadow
- 11 Peak
- 7 Forest

Forest
- 16 Peak
- 9 Forest
- 3 Waterside

Swamp
- 14 Peak
- 9 Forest
- 3 Plains
- 3 Waterside

Mountain
- 5 Forest
- 4 Peak
- 3 Plains

Wasteland
- 11 Peak
- 3 Plains

Savannah
- 9 Peak
- 9 Forest
- 3 Plains
- 2 Waterside

Rocky Beach
- 13 Plains
- 13 Peak
- 3 Forest

Marshland* (No Seviper)
- 13 Forest
- 13 Peak
- 1 Waterside

Marshland* (No Banette)
- 13 Forest
- 9 Plains
- 2 Peak
- 1 Waterside

Marshland* (No Roselia or Croagunk)
- 13 Peak
- 9 Plains
- 1 Waterside

*For the Marshland, it is impossible to get all non-obtainable Pokemon with only 30 slots.
**For the Wetland, all Pokemon are covered by the previous areas.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Post >:(
What the H#LL

This is a complete rip off of My Safari zone guide

You hardly even changed the title

I calculated a way to get EVERY pokemon to appear

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:30 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Chill, dude. I didn't even see your guide down there. It's over a month old.

Plus, your guide is wrong. You need 13 fully upgraded blocks of each kind to get Gabite. The maximum number of blocks a single block can count for is 4. Gabite requires 49, which is 13. That causes issues with Budew, and forces you to make a decision with Roselia in the Marshland.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:41 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'll have the area customization ability soon but had a question about using the info in your guide. Should I basically just pick 6 zones, place the number of items you specify, wait 130 days, and then swap in the other set of zones and do the same? Will it be apparent in-game when the levels have maxxed out? Something I'm not understanding from other guides I've read is what is actually accumulating the levels. Is it the individual instances of the objects themselves, or just that type of object? I'm assuming that the leveling is completely independent between zones. Thanks.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:43 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well, first you'll need the national dex to start placing objects.

As for leveling-up. I'm pretty sure you have to leave the 6 zones active for the full 130 days. You MAY be able to upgrade them by putting all the objects in until they get the first upgrade, then swapping them out. I'll test this with my game and post the results.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:51 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Appreciate it ;) I'd have the national dex by now except that I had been putting off preparing my capture {smeargle} to use for capturing the legendaries and whatnot. I had a Smeargle with all the abilities I wanted on Emerald but since I don't have Pal Park for Soul Silver I needed to transfer him to Diamond first where he will be trained on the Elite Four before getting swapped over to SS at which point I'll be ready to capture Lugia. I've further complicated the process by breeding new smeargles for each transfer so that I still have a capture pokemon in the other games. I get kinda compulsive about doing things in exactly a certain way hence my early research on the Safari Zone. It'll drive me nuts if I invest time in it and find out I should have done it another way hence my appreciation for your guide (and the work of others contributing to this area of study).

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:50 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Skandranonsg wrote:

Plus, your guide is wrong. You need 13 fully upgraded blocks of each kind to get Gabite. The maximum number of blocks a single block can count for is 4. Gabite requires 49, which is 13. That causes issues with Budew, and forces you to make a decision with Roselia in the Marshland.

this is Wrong, The max block multiplier is 7, plus its Gible not Gabite
but your right I did make a few small errors, which have been fixed.

Quote:
As for leveling-up. I'm pretty sure you have to leave the 6 zones active for the full 130 days. You MAY be able to upgrade them by putting all the objects in until they get the first upgrade, then swapping them out. I'll test this with my game and post the results.

Swapping zones Clears/Resets Everything

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Actually I think were both right but said it the wrong way

Swapping zones does clear all the objects but it doesn't reset the values of each block

Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]