It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Generation V screenshots 
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Oh yeah...there are literally streets in the city pictures...interesting to say the least...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:29 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

You mean people won't walk everywhere all the time? z0mg h4x! ._.
The cars do seem weird.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html The official site released the same pictured in a better quality. Thought you all might want the link.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:01 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

They must not be cars. They must be new Pokémon.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:01 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Darkrai-follower wrote:
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html The official site released the same pictured in a better quality. Thought you all might want the link.

yeah...all they did was release already leaked pictures but I guess it's so what...anywho, I don't see any actual cars but I do see a truck & what by a very small chance be either a big *** mail box or a unique vehicle not suitable normally for on street use...but I am curious if some people will use pokemon as there vehicle of choice on the street or not...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
...but I am curious if some people will use pokemon as there vehicle of choice on the street or not...

'[Trainer] got on rapidash'...'[trainer] galloped away'

'[trainer] got on slowpoke'...'Cars honked their horns in rage'

I can imagine it...

Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:55 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

It looks really pixelated, actually. IMO they should have held off of the overwhelming 3D graphics until after they figured out how to render it well.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Puceron wrote:
They must not be cars. They must be new Pokémon.

Pahahahahahaahah!!! I just lol'd.

Lightshayde wrote:
It looks really pixelated, actually. IMO they should have held off of the overwhelming 3D graphics until after they figured out how to render it well.

I think the only reason it looks SO pixelated is because they're blown up so much.
It looks like it'll be about the same amount of pixelation as in Gen IV, which IS pretty pixel-y, but not that bad.

As far as the camera rotation, did someone read somewhere we'll be able to "rotate" it?
From the looks of things, you'll only be able to change between a few set angles, if you can change at all.
Like in those car racing arcade games, Camera 1, 2 and 3 or something.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:37 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Lightshayde wrote:

This really scares me...that they might give us a pixeltopia of badly rendered 3D along side the 2D graphics which if you layed DP & especially Pt, you will see do not go together well in the least bit...the screenshot with the glowing rocks of sorts is a good example of why I think this might end up happening too...those rocks look terrible...the small bits of lightning look exceptable though to say the least...&...

Darkrai-follower wrote:
'[Trainer] got on rapidash'...'[trainer] galloped away'

'[trainer] got on slowpoke'...'Cars honked their horns in rage'

I had no defense against laughing hard at the slowpoke bit...I wonder will they let you get into strangers' cars...they already let you just barge into strangers' homes for whatever the reason may be...

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
those rocks look terrible...the small bits of lightning look exceptable though to say the least...

It could just be the stills.
Graphics can be as pixelated as they want when they're not moving,
it all depends on how smoothly they move.

Bottom Line: if that lightning coming off the rocks isn't choppy and has more than a few positions in can be in,
all will be forgiven as far as I'm concerned.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:30 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
It could just be the stills.
Graphics can be as pixelated as they want when they're not moving,
it all depends on how smoothly they move.

Bottom Line: if that lightning coming off the rocks isn't choppy and has more than a few positions in can be in,
all will be forgiven as far as I'm concerned.

Personally...I don't even care too much about the graphics of the overworld...I would just like them to work up to potiential which some people actually don't do when making 3D games...I'm more concerned about the 1 thing I haven't heard about yet..."gameplay", come on already with this as from that battle pic that was released, I am having mixed feelings about the change in graphics being a bad thing but I'm not going to be a jynx so I will just stop now before it's too late...

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:22 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
...I wonder will they let you get into strangers' cars...they already let you just barge into strangers' homes for whatever the reason may be...
I can just imagine it being a GTA/Pokemon mix...using infernapes punch to steal someone's car.

Last edited by WirelessBrain on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:32 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Darkrai-follower wrote:
I can just imagine it being a GTA/Pokemon mix...using infernapes punch to steal someone's car.

This is hilarious but also...please fix your quote by closing the [/quote] portion of it with a ] at the right end of it...also, Lightshayde has nothing to do with that part you quoted...as that part was all me so...

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Many apologies for the mis-quote..i should preview before i post and check the message :P Sorry again. Corrected...

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:54 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Your good...it's almost May & I can't wait to see what they reveal next...hopefully either some starters or trainer's actual artwork...

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thanks, And yeah, i really hope it's something like the starters, a simple map, name of region even. Just something new to feed my Pokemon-gossip-hunger.

The video of the battle would be really good, just to see how it'd work and if it's a great improvement like i'm hoping.

I've been thinking and after reading this months Official Nintendo Magazine: the 3DS has recently been announced...I know on the screenshots it showed the tiny bit of what appears to be a DS of some sort. So i wonder IF the fifth generation would be on the 3DS like i've heard a few people suggest. Of course, the DSi looks like the DS at that point aswell but..I don't think they would've gotten to the point of creating a game (yet one as succesful as pokemon) this early on of the 3DS's creation and anouncement.

Wonder what everyone's thoughts are...?

{darkrai}

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:25 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I don't see them releasing Pokemon Black & White Versions on the 3DS & why is because the system is going to be fairly new by time the games actually come out though maybe they will release it on that system at a later time after they release it for the DS systems or just release the 3rd game on the 3DS while releasing the other 2 on the DS systems...I don't know...& if they show me in motion footage of the battle animations, I will be set until the game comes out internationally...wow that would be swell...

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
because the system is going to be fairly new by time the games actually come out though maybe they will release it on that system at a later time after they release it for the DS systems or just release the 3rd game on the 3DS while releasing the other 2 on the DS systems...

Yeah, i was just wondering both sides of the argument, much more fun that way, but yeah, i don't think they will bring it out on the 3DS...they have already released footage..AND photographs of it being played on the [ds whatever console] and i think if it would be the 3DS then the 2D graphics would have deteriated because it's just a photograph...

And i cant see them releasing the third one (hope its not grey...lame...monochrome maybe, but too long imo) on the 3DS...because the ONM says that the 3ds has backwards compatibility to DS systems...meaning:
1: the cartridge-shape will be different
2: a similar function to the pal-park may be used
3: ditched GBA slot (not relevant but makes me cry T__T )
And since the third game in the generation usually comes with a few more pokemon for the dex, i dont see people buying a new upgraded DS just for a few pokemon...yes, there is wifi etc. but still...changing a console mid-generation...bad idea.

{darkrai}

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:44 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah...I don't see the 3rd game being released on the 3DS either...that was just a what if excercise for thought I guess...

Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:09 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

WOW!!! all the screenshots are so cool, but i have a feeling, (after the one realm in platinum) the 3D camera Angles are going to give me a headache after awhile... ^^;

^This is for Pokemon Y

Sat May 01, 2010 7:49 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Shadehelper wrote:
WOW!!! all the screenshots are so cool, but i have a feeling, (after the one realm in platinum) the 3D camera Angles are going to give me a headache after awhile... ^^;

That's a good point... Hope they don't.

{darkrai}

Sat May 01, 2010 7:52 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Shadehelper wrote:

That's a good point... Hope they don't.

{darkrai}

Well, they only used them in Platinum's Distortion World Map & in HGSS's Roof Floor of the building Game Freak resides in in Celedon City...so I say that based on those since I know they only did it in the Distortion World to make it weird & distorted...that there is no need to worry about extreme camera angle changes as I'm sure they wouldn't do that, would they?...

Sun May 02, 2010 11:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2