It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Quick EV question 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Do you need to start EV training with a lvl 1 pokemon or not?

Say I catch a lvl12 pokemon and it has the nature I'm after. Can I still EV train it using all 510EV points or has it already used some EV points up because it's lvl12. Sorry if it doesn't make sense...hope it does.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:06 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

No you can start EV training at any lvl. A wild pokemon always starts with zero EV's.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:47 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Note that the gains of EV's are applied when leveling so a level 100 pokemon won't gain anythig from EV's anymore. Finish up collecting all EV's by level 99.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:09 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

cheers guys! I started with a lvl 1 modest cyndaquil, lvl 20 something quilava now, I've killed like 176 hoothoot and 150 oddish! Got me a table so I don't forget!

did an IV calculator, it seems this cyndaquil is pretty good, it suggests most values are 15 and above and my special attack is 29-31!

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:05 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Silith wrote:
Note that the gains of EV's are applied when leveling so a level 100 pokemon won't gain anythig from EV's anymore. Finish up collecting all EV's by level 99.

Well technically you can...but it's a very erritating process so...yeah, I'm gonna just go with this...besides, I don't see someone actually needing to EV train at any level that's above 90 but that's me...&...good Joeyboy, just be sure not to trust those results too much til it hits lv. 50 as most pokemon at that level & higher tend to give you exact results most of the time...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]