It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Pokemon Generation 5 announced - due Fall 2010 in Japan 
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Golbania wrote:
ksemanr wrote:
I'd also like it if they were to rearrange the Pokedex order so that evolutionary families are together, make sure Arceus is last (as it is the Pokemon god after all), maybe place some other legendaries so it makes more sense (Mewtwo comes before the Mew it was cloned from? wtf?), and a few other rearrangements possibly, but I doubt it'll happen.

Which brings up another idea. If Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon (the first Pokemon to exist), who's the Omega Pokemon (the supposedly last Pokemon to naturally come into being)? Maybe I'm going off too much a tangent, but I think there should be some kind antithesis to the "God" of all Pokemon; not so much a generic devil figure, but just something that stands as a true opponent to Arceus rather than just a rebellious son like Giratina apparently is...

The idea of making a pokemon that Arceus will be able to consider competition is definetely in need & 666 pokemon sounds "amazing"...just wish that when they added additions to the roster that all of the pokemon or at least 96% of them were put together better & yes it's an RPG but with..."Competitive Battling" making the need for even the pokemon at the beginning of the game to shine somewhere...I mean really...this isn't exactly an MMO series, I mean even if not on pair with something, at least close enough where there's enough use for them cause I can't see using {furret} {bibarel} & sadly even {ariados} for some examples...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:48 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Let's think about something real quick. You say Arceus needs a contender of some sort, or at least something that could give him a run for his money. I whole-heartedly agree with this, but there's no way they can do that and have 666 Pokemon, guys. Arceus is supposed to be God of Pokemon. The 666th Pokemon would be the opposite Arceus (one would think), making it the Devil figure for Pokemon. I don't think Nintendo could implement such Chrsitian overtones, seing as they are centered in Japan first-and-foremost and they cannot gear the entire game at Christian children. That's borderline blasphemy. I personally don't have a religious affiliation, so I wouldn't care, but realistically speaking this woul cause quite a racket with some consumers. I feel it would be funny, but I don't think everyone would agree with me.

P.S. I'm not certain, but I don't think 666 is the "number of the beast" in all religions. If it is, then sure, this can go off just fine. I still don't hink it's going to happen, but if I'm wrong, kindly say so.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:34 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm pretty sure: Opposite of creation is [entropy]/anticreation. Opposite of GOOD is [evil]/antigood. If Arceus was a jesus figure, then sure, the 666-pokemon would be evil or the devil pokemon, but Arceus seems (at least to me) to be more like YHWH or creator god of the Old Testament.

That would still make the 666-pokemon pretty dang scary, being basically an embodiment of heat death, or maybe a black hole, but this makes it concievably possible.

And in any case, Pokemon blasphemes all over the place, what with idolatry and animal cruelty and fighting...

Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:30 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Emin Jofit wrote:
Let's think about something real quick. You say Arceus needs a contender of some sort, or at least something that could give him a run for his money. I whole-heartedly agree with this, but there's no way they can do that and have 666 Pokemon, guys. Arceus is supposed to be God of Pokemon. The 666th Pokemon would be the opposite Arceus (one would think), making it the Devil figure for Pokemon. I don't think Nintendo could implement such Chrsitian overtones, seing as they are centered in Japan first-and-foremost and they cannot gear the entire game at Christian children. That's borderline blasphemy. I personally don't have a religious affiliation, so I wouldn't care, but realistically speaking this woul cause quite a racket with some consumers. I feel it would be funny, but I don't think everyone would agree with me.

P.S. I'm not certain, but I don't think 666 is the "number of the beast" in all religions. If it is, then sure, this can go off just fine. I still don't hink it's going to happen, but if I'm wrong, kindly say so.

It's debated weather 666 or 616 is the "number of the beast" if I'm not mistaken. But that's why I said 666 Pokemon would be a good number. I am not religious at all, I'm pretty atheist. Some Christians already claim Pokemon is the work of the devil and "satanic" (like my mother for example). I just think watching them flip out over some harmless children's game would be funny. I'm surprised I haven't heard more of an uproar over Arceus being a god. And I was half joking about them bringing the number to 666 this Gen, I doubt they're going to add a whole 173 new Pokemon. Though it'd be nice to get that many.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
one thing they must never do is make a pure-flying type with Roost.

By George I've done it!
What you say?
I've gotten a pure flying type to use roost!
How you say? with kecleon!

first I set up a 2 on 2 battle between two DSs, using 1 spearow on each side with a kecleon on one side and a piloswine on the other, After hitting kecleon with a drill peck, changed it to flying type, then hit, then I had spearow use roost and kecleon use snatch, kecleon snatched roost and heal then, piloswine used earth quake and it hit kecleon for normal damage!, then I repeated the experiment and this time I hit the flying type kecleon who had just used roost, with powder snow an it did normal damage. And as you can see the world has not ended because a pokemon became typless for 1 turn.

Besides why should it be the end of the world?
on a pure flying type roost acts like recover accept that It makes it completely neutral
A pure flying type may lose its weaknesses to Rock, Ice, and Electric, BUT it also loses its immunity to ground, as well as its rersistants to Bug, Grass and Fighting

Being type neutral isn't awsome, in fact for a flying type it seems like a disadvantage considering the lose of ground resistance, I mean even in Pokemon collosum (Not XD) shadow rush was typeless, and just like doom desire and future sight It isn't that amazing when it hits.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Does it become typeless or Normal-type? Do ti again, but use a Fighting move on it once! MWAHAHA! Dance, puppet, dance!

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I hit it with a fighting move and normal damage, same with a ghost attack. so it is typeless big whoop, Its not that big a deal, isn't a substitute also typeless?

Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:27 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Definately not dimension 12. No, you don't know about that one yet.
I never said it would be the end of the world. Sheesh. :|

Anyway, that's odd that everything is neutral. I was half-expecting a pure flying type using roost would glitch the game or something. That's so boring. :/

Thanks for ruining my fun. :(

Anyway, the earliest Bible we've ever found states that the "number of the beast" is 616, so that's what I'm going with. Although, I'm not religious, so what do I care? :P

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
well weather its the 616th or666th pokemon, it better be te leviathan or behemoth or some other beastie from mythology

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

how many box will there be now and how many pokemon per box
if there is a gen 5

Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:02 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

DP came out '06 or '07? Times right for the new gen.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

KingErick wrote:
Crosman wrote:
Anyone want to put dibs on {noctowl} & {swellow} evolving next gen?

Heck YEs Son!!

we dont need new legends btw...

Grandowl and Royallow. :D

Holifax wrote:
I will go ahead and say that the Regilution era will probably take effect as well. Golems have many purposes and meaning, like other fantasy world games, the pokemon world uses elemental types, Rock, Steel, Ice. I can see them creating fire, water, Poison, electric, grass and ground, the other types are unique and not actually an element.

I will be holding a contest here soon on both Eeveelutions and Regilutions, want to see how creative psypoke is when it comes to style & creative thinking. (Please, wait for my thread to open before posting your ideas, Keep this thread on track) [/color]

A dark type Regi. Regiumbra (placeholder)

Why?
All other Regi's were weak against Fighting.
The first three regis were used as keys to seal Regigigas.
Regiumbra could have been made a key gone wrong.
Regirock = Stone Age, Regice = Ice Age, Registeel = Iron Age, Regiumbra = Dark Ages.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:01 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
5. ... stop making the pokemon at the start of the game...trash stats wise

Done.
{gyarados} {staraptor} {luxray} {roserade} {alakazam} {golem}
in gen IV.

And in response to the blasphemy topic...
God and Devil is not solely Christianity.
In fact, that's most religions. "Divine" and "Evil" is everywhere.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:06 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:

Done.
in gen IV.

Okay...but those aren't really enough...I mean, just saying...I admit those are some powerful pokemon but besides Starly & Shinx 4th Gen, none of those except Geodude show up on the first Routes...Bedew shows up on Route 204 & Magikarp is available once you get the Old Rod but those aren't exactly the first pokemon you run into in the game...I meant the pokemon you find in the beginning route besides the bird of that region...*sign*, I guess those will cut it...meh...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:

Done.
in gen IV.

Okay...but those aren't really enough...I mean, just saying...I admit those are some powerful pokemon but besides Starly & Shinx 4th Gen, none of those except Geodude show up on the first Routes...Bedew shows up on Route 204 & Magikarp is available once you get the Old Rod but those aren't exactly the first pokemon you run into in the game...I meant the pokemon you find in the beginning route besides the bird of that region...*sign*, I guess those will cut it...meh...

huh..
im lost

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:48 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

KingErick wrote:
huh..
im lost

umm...yeah, that's nothing you need to be concerned about as it's a finished conversation...

Anywho, getting back on topic...I can't wait to find out when the games are coming out in Japan...by then alot will be known...I mostly right now want to know how the Hero & Heroine will look this time around...

Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
KingErick wrote:
huh..
im lost

umm...yeah, that's nothing you need to be concerned about as it's a finished conversation...

Anywho, getting back on topic...I can't wait to find out when the games are coming out in Japan...by then alot will be known...I mostly right now want to know how the Hero & Heroine will look this time around...

thank you :D

and we know what the chick looks like

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:25 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

KingErick wrote:
thank you :D

and we know what the chick looks like

We also know how the dude looks...especially as of today as all they were teasing about is some already leaked screenshots...meh...

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:00 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

robbydebry wrote:
well weather its the 616th or666th pokemon, it better be te leviathan or behemoth or some other beastie from mythology

{kyogre} {groudon} {rayquaza}
AKA leviathan, behemoth, ziz

That's what the base was. don't argue with me, argue with bulbapedia.

Also. Those creatures were from the BIBLE. -__- Creatures of this sort =/= evil.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:53 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lightshayde wrote:
robbydebry wrote:

{kyogre} {groudon} {rayquaza}
AKA leviathan, behemoth, ziz

That's what the base was. don't argue with me, argue with bulbapedia.

Also. Those creatures were from the BIBLE. -__- Creatures of this sort =/= evil.

I want it to be a Satyr.
I know this is from WoW, but whenever I think evil/demon/devil, I think of these dudes.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4