It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:34 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Right-clicking problem with the main site 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I noticed a while ago that I can't right-click normally anywhere on the main site or the Psydex (I'm using Opera 10.51, and I just tested the main site with IE and it's the same thing with it too).
On Opera, I can only do the right-click-down mouse gesture on links to open them to a new tab but the right mouse button does nothing besides that, not even to pictures.

It's rather annoying when I'm trying to open up a number of tabs on the background (which is what I often do when I'm trying to use the Psydex to decide what Pokemon to choose), so I'd be more than glad to see this issue solved.
Thank you in advance.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:33 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

It's not a problem, it's disabled on purpose.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:31 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oh. I think I can see the reasoning behind it but it still makes things a bit harder when I can't normally open links to new tabs (especially background tabs). :/

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:30 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mewtwelve wrote:
It's rather annoying when I'm trying to open up a number of tabs on the background (which is what I often do when I'm trying to use the Psydex to decide what Pokemon to choose)...

To save opening all of the tabs, we have a feature called the Pokemon Comparer here, and that will save you time. Most of the Psydex data is on there especially in the way of stats and moves, TM/HM compatibility. I would suggest trying it before saying that this is a true problem, because as Krisp said, it's disabled...

Hope that this helps you out!

AEPMT ;) :P :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:59 am
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I do know the Pokemon Comparer rather well and often use it but it isn't always enough; I sometimes need to access data like pokemon locations and full breeding info. The fact that it affects the whole main site makes it annoying to use the walkthroughs as well.
Anyway, I have a feeling this thing won't be changed any time soon and I'll just have to accept it, so I'll just shut my trap and go play something.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:36 am
The Geek
The Geek

Wait, Opera makes you RIGHT CLICK to open in a new tab? That's.... horrible design on their part. Can you reassign the open in new tab option? I know that in most any other browser, it's a middle click or click of the scroll wheel that opens in a new tab.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:27 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

No, no, normal tabs open with the mouse gestures and all (I'm using a tablet most of the time, but I'm pretty sure the middle mouse button opens stuff in a tab), I'm mainly talking about background tabs that open up in the background without interrupting whatever you might be doing on the current active tab.
The mouse gesture for opening a link in a new background tab is too complex for it to be quick to use (at least for me)

Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:33 am
The Geek
The Geek

Check out your browser settings. Can't claim to be familiar with Opera, but in Firefox you can choose whether a new tab gains focus automatically or not. I'd assume that Opera would do something similar.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I couldn't find that exact setting, but solved the problem by swapping the gestures so that now the right click + down opens the link on a background tab.
Thanks anyway, I probably wouldn't have realized that I can change the mouse gestures if I hadn't searched for the tab settings.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:50 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]