It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Sleep beats paralysis? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Ok, it seems like everyone is saying sleep makes pokemon easier to catch than paralysis. Is this true?

I've already paralysed Entei and Rikou, so does this mean I'm basically stuck in a hole now?

Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:24 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Paralysis works better then Sleep ever will for me for some reason & in reality...neither works better then the other. Though, shouldn't this be posted in "The HG/SS Questions Thread" or?...maybe not...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You are stuck with paralysis

Pros: Sleep, pokemon are easier to catch than paralysis, 99% of the time they can't attack you while your trying to catch them, Paralysis, pokemon are easier to catch than when not statused, foes speed is dropped by 50%, and it won't attack you 25% of the time

Cons: Sleep, pokemon will recover from sleep within 1-7 turns

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:54 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Lawence Codye wrote:
in reality...neither works better then the other.

In reality... Sleep and Freeze, which have a x2 catch modifer, work better than Paralysis, Poison and Burn, which have a x1.5 catch modifier.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:42 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Frost wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
in reality...neither works better then the other.

In reality... Sleep and Freeze, which have a x2 catch modifer, work better than Paralysis, Poison and Burn, which have a x1.5 catch modifier.

Oh shi...glad you said something cause I sure as hell didn't know any of this...funny thing is I put pokemon to Sleep all the time & I catch only under 20% within the time they are asleep...Freeze works wonders but is nearly impossible to actually inflict on a wild pokemon...next Gen they need to fix this cause I should've been able to tell that Sleep worked better then Paralysis...meh...

Well then it's Sleep then since your just asking in terms of how often they won't escape when you try a pokeball on them...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yes, some sort of attack that freezes your foe would be great. personallyi prefere paralizing pokemon over freezing them or putting them to sleep. because i have bad luck and they always wake up/unthaw in 1-2 turns.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You could always teach a pokemon Fling and make it hold a Cheri Berry. I don't think it's how that works though...

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:13 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:
Yes, some sort of attack that freezes your foe would be great. personallyi prefere paralizing pokemon over freezing them or putting them to sleep. because i have bad luck and they always wake up/unthaw in 1-2 turns.

This is exactly why I don't even give Sleep a chance anymore...I used it on Lugia but only cause it was Legendary, not working out without some status condition of some kind on it & also Venomoth was my best bet as it was my only pokemon with me with any status inflicting moves...Freeze however if I even were to get this inflicted on an opponent works wonders which I know is pure luck...

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:51 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well, frickerdoodles. I've paralyzed Raikou, and put Entei to sleep. But Raikou's the one I want. I guess I'll have to teach a pokemon fling, then.
I actually don't have the issue with sleeping Pokemon waking up. Entei's been asleep forever; however, now that I said that he's going to wake up D:.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:33 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Refinnej wrote:
I actually don't have the issue with sleeping Pokemon waking up. Entei's been asleep forever; however, now that I said that he's going to wake up D:.

Yeah...but have you been in a battle that lasted some turns & not just running into it & then letting it run away while still asleep?...

Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]