It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:09 pm



Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 What to get rid of? 

What should I replace for Suicune?
Gyarados 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Scizor 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Latias 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Joltoen 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Starmie 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
Keep the Team as it Is. 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 7

 What to get rid of? 
Author Message
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:28 am
Posts: 38
OK,so my current Battle team is this Metagross, Gyarados, Scizor, Latias, Jolteon, Starmie.

Now, all of you raters know instantly what my problem is, I have no Wall. Not True, I do have one, Suicune. Now, My REAL problem is this: What do I get rid of? All of my Pokemon have won me battles at least once since I made the team, so it getting pretty hard for me to decide...so I'm going to have you do it for me.

Please back up your vote with a Post explaining why because that's whats mainly going to help me. (Metagross isn't an option, as it is my Lead)

Movesets:

Gyarados-- D-Dance, Waterfall, EQ, Ice Fang
Scizor-- Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, Bug Bite, Aerial Ace
Latias-- Dragon Pulse, Surf, Recover, Calm Mind
Jolteon-- T-Bolt, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, Wish
Starmie-- Recover, Surf, T-Bolt, I-Beam

_________________
Platinum FC: 1892-1912-1149
Image


Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:09 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 am
Posts: 1491
Location: Michigan
You could always give Latias HP/Def EVs + rest/sleeptalk and use it in a similar manner as Suicune if you want to keep the same pokes. Otherwise Starmie is best replaced. Jolteon already has fast T-bolts, Gyara has your DD(speed) and Water/Ice coverage. and Suicune, in particular rest/talk variants can absorb status just as well as natural cure and still gives you your special water coverage.

Also any other choice would give 3 electric weaknesses, quite crippling if Jotleon and/or Latias is KO'd or removed for the team.

_________________
Image


Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:29 am
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:28 am
Posts: 38
MasterChef wrote:
You could always give Latias HP/Def EVs + rest/sleeptalk and use it in a similar manner as Suicune if you want to keep the same pokes.
Yeah, I was thinking about doing that, but I couldn't find anyone that had a Latias wall to trade for.

I also have Registeel and Regirock, so if I got rid of Jolteon or Latias I wouldn't be crushed by Electric-types.

_________________
Platinum FC: 1892-1912-1149
Image


Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:20 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 am
Posts: 1491
Location: Michigan
Megamaster37 wrote:
MasterChef wrote:
You could always give Latias HP/Def EVs + rest/sleeptalk and use it in a similar manner as Suicune if you want to keep the same pokes.
Yeah, I was thinking about doing that, but I couldn't find anyone that had a Latias wall to trade for.

I also have Registeel and Regirock, so if I got rid of Jolteon or Latias I wouldn't be crushed by Electric-types.


Regirock doesn't take electric attacks super well since they're almost all special (unless you get the sandstorm boost), And Registeel can take em but unless it has a lot in HP/S.def they will wear him decently.

_________________
Image


Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:01 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:49 pm
Posts: 1196
Location: William McKinley High School. Lima, Ohio.
Get rid of Scizor just because it sucks ass, and everyone uses it because they think its amazing.

_________________
Image
I suck at WiFi battling.


Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:48 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:28 am
Posts: 38
shinashu taji wrote:
Get rid of Scizor just because it sucks ass, and everyone uses it because they think its amazing.
OK, two things here.

1. Explain why Scizor "sucks ass." Personally its helped me quite alot (they all have, which is why I had to post this here)
2. I couldn't disagree more. Scizor can demolish entire teams by just using Swords Dance once then Bullet Punching everything.

_________________
Platinum FC: 1892-1912-1149
Image


Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:45 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 am
Posts: 1491
Location: Michigan
One downside to Scizor is that it's become too popular, thus it's sweeping power is weakened as every team makes sure to have multiple counters for SD+Bullet punch as well as odd placed fire moves to fry him. It's still good, just don't play him too early unless necessary as you opponent is likely to keep his check/counter alive.

_________________
Image


Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:42 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:28 am
Posts: 38
MasterChef wrote:
One downside to Scizor is that it's become too popular, thus it's sweeping power is weakened as every team makes sure to have multiple counters for SD+Bullet punch as well as odd placed fire moves to fry him.
That's the exact reason I like Gyarados. So far in almost 50 battles, I've seen a total of 2 Gyarados on opposing teams. People are so afraid of its x4 Electric Weakness that they just don't use him at all.

And I think I'm making it worse for myself then. I've had a few people tell me my Scizor was Awesome and that they wanted it.

_________________
Platinum FC: 1892-1912-1149
Image


Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:31 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 am
Posts: 1491
Location: Michigan
Megamaster37 wrote:
MasterChef wrote:
One downside to Scizor is that it's become too popular, thus it's sweeping power is weakened as every team makes sure to have multiple counters for SD+Bullet punch as well as odd placed fire moves to fry him.
That's the exact reason I like Gyarados. So far in almost 50 battles, I've seen a total of 2 Gyarados on opposing teams. People are so afraid of its x4 Electric Weakness that they just don't use him at all.

And I think I'm making it worse for myself then. I've had a few people tell me my Scizor was Awesome and that they wanted it.


Gyarados is actually among to top OU pokes as well, that electric weakness is bad but can easily be used to bring a ground or Jolteon/Electrivire. (Which you have going :p)

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:46 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:49 pm
Posts: 1196
Location: William McKinley High School. Lima, Ohio.
Scizor sucking ass is just a personal preference of my hatred towards it, as it takes no skill to actually use in a battle "hurr its got a Choice Band plus Technician boosted STAB move that has priority hurr durr"

Of course this just my personal hatred towards it, I mean an attack stat that can go that high with Technician boosted priority STAB move? I think GameFreak did that just to **** over the entire metagame.

_________________
Image
I suck at WiFi battling.


Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:55 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:36 pm
Posts: 186
Location: The Golden Skuntank
I would go with starmie, and you also have a good moveset for him.

_________________
FRIEND CODES
Name: Kenny
Black: 3396-3216-0388
Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.


Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:05 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:28 am
Posts: 38
Blastiose_ex wrote:
I would go with starmie, and you also have a good moveset for him.

Why should I get rid of Starmie? Just saying to get rid of him doesn't help me much, I need reasons too.

_________________
Platinum FC: 1892-1912-1149
Image


Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:58 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:19 am
Posts: 252
Location: You remember the twin towers?
shinashu taji wrote:
Scizor sucking ass is just a personal preference of my hatred towards it, as it takes no skill to actually use in a battle "hurr its got a Choice Band plus Technician boosted STAB move that has priority hurr durr"

Of course this just my personal hatred towards it, I mean an attack stat that can go that high with Technician boosted priority STAB move? I think GameFreak did that just to **** over the entire metagame.


well really your not helping at all a good pokemon [and you explained why it's a good pokemon also] is what you want to get rid of is just stupid
and in my oppinion there are better shields then suicune and w/gyrados and latios you have too many weaknesses to electric and not much to counter it my shield is cresselia why not give her a whirl or even registeel could do well

munchlax

_________________
pm me for a battle my fc is 4297 5662 5505
Image


Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:56 am
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:28 am
Posts: 38
MUNCHLAX :) wrote:
w/gyrados and latios you have too many weaknesses to electric and not much to counter it
Ummmm..... Latias resists electric. And I have Joltwon, which I definately consider a Counter to electric moves/pokemon.

Cresselia? I have one, but its nature sucks and its IVs are even worse. What exactly do you suggest (Moves, EVs, ect)

_________________
Platinum FC: 1892-1912-1149
Image


Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:41 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:19 am
Posts: 252
Location: You remember the twin towers?
ok a battle scenario for you i will use marriland's [i presume you've heard of him] team

okay go metagross
go salamance
you swap out for gyarados because you know he'll use harthquake or d dance
he uses equake
you go dancy pants as he switches to electrivire
you think can i out speed it maybe not and switch to jolteon who takes the thunderpunch and now what do you do

if you swapped to cresselia he'd swap to something like blissey and it gets hit by psychic or whatever now people know that cresselia will have ice beam energy ball shadow ball moonlight psychic etc in its arsenal but if you were creative with the cresselia you could have hidden power fighting thunder wave toxic lunar dance reflect light screen safeguard etc for exmple this cresselia [against a blissy it wont be much trouble to you]

psychic
thunder wave
hidden power fighting
moonlight

it could be interesting with df and sp df evs and maybe a few sp a evs

just think about it but i would drop starmie for something else as well maybe for cresselia?

also could you post metagrosses moves etc and items thx :)

_________________
pm me for a battle my fc is 4297 5662 5505
Image


Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:54 am
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:28 am
Posts: 38
MUNCHLAX :) wrote:
you swap out for gyarados because you know he'll use harthquake or d dance
he uses equake
you go dancy pants as he switches to electrivire
you think can it out speed it maybe not and switch to jolteon who takes the thunderpunch and now what do you do
1. Gyarados would have 391 speed, which greatly outspeeds Electivire.

2. Shadow Ball it.

Actually, i haven't heard of him, but if he's good that wouldn't happen.

_________________
Platinum FC: 1892-1912-1149
Image


Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:33 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:19 am
Posts: 252
Location: You remember the twin towers?
well your gyrados is fast because mines lv 94 and its speed is 198

then anyway he'll use earthquake and you faint then you're thinking what to do

but it's good that your gyrados is fast

if you go to youtube and type in marriland you'll find him his battles are near the bottem of his video stockpile

heres a linkypoo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC2hk6vB ... re=related

_________________
pm me for a battle my fc is 4297 5662 5505
Image


Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:49 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.