It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Ways of training for the E4 Rematch and Red 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

How does everyone train their pokemon for these high level battles? Currently have 15 badges so just wondering if grinding through the normal E4 is the best way to level up at this point. I don't want to get the 16th badge and then have no other good way of training.

Also, seems ridiculous to me that Lance has 10 levels on the rest of the Elite 4, that's just unfair.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:50 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

funnage wrote:
How does everyone train their pokemon for these high level battles? Currently have 15 badges so just wondering if grinding through the normal E4 is the best way to level up at this point. I don't want to get the 16th badge and then have no other good way of training.

Training Pokemon for high levels takes a LOT of time and patience. If you want to level up fast, a good way is to use the Pokewalker all day, to level up a Pokemon while you're away from your game - or fight strong wild Pokemon with your Pickup slave in tow, finding Rare Candies for the rest of your battling team. (If you have more than one Pickup slave, so much the better.)

Also, avoid raising Pokemon with extreme growth curves. (No Hariyama, no Drifblim - nothing that requires 1.64 million EXP points... they take forever and a day to get to lv100.) I prefer to stick to strong Trainer battles - the strongest I can cope with without my Pokemon taking serious damage - and gain experience points that way. Otherwise, if you're training in the wild, it takes ages and ages and ages and ages and ages...

I speak from experience. It took me sooooo looooong to get my Platinum team up to lv100...

Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:59 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Wait for a Chansey swarm, then catch a Caterpie (or Butterfree) and train it until it's a Butterfree with Compoundeyes. Teach it Thief and fight Chanseys until you've stolen 6 Lucky Eggs, give them to your Pokemon, then fight the Elite Four over and over.

One thing that really irks me about HeartGold/SoulSilver is the retarded phone. Why, in **** HELL, did they get rid of the Vs. Seeker? For nostalgia? Nobody gives a **** about the phone.

So yeah, HGSS is a bad game to train your Pokemon in. I suggest transferring them to DPP if you don't want to spend unnecessary time grinding. I actually trained my Slowking at Mt. Silver until he was level 55 (this is post-Elite Four and Red) and by that point leveling him up was kind of unnecessary because I already beat the E4 the second time and he has his final moveset.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:33 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

have all traded pokemon all mine but my first one were traded leveled up fast

Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:07 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Krisp wrote:
Wait for a Chansey swarm, then catch a Caterpie (or Butterfree) and train it until it's a Butterfree with Compoundeyes. Teach it Thief and fight Chanseys until you've stolen 6 Lucky Eggs, give them to your Pokemon, then fight the Elite Four over and over.

One thing that really irks me about HeartGold/SoulSilver is the retarded phone. Why, in **** HELL, did they get rid of the Vs. Seeker? For nostalgia? Nobody gives a **** about the phone.

So yeah, HGSS is a bad game to train your Pokemon in. I suggest transferring them to DPP if you don't want to spend unnecessary time grinding. I actually trained my Slowking at Mt. Silver until he was level 55 (this is post-Elite Four and Red) and by that point leveling him up was kind of unnecessary because I already beat the E4 the second time and he has his final moveset.

Yeah I was so mad when I realized there was no Vs. Seeker, that makes grinding high level Pokemon so difficult. There is no reason why they couldn't have just thrown it in the game. I'll probably just have to keep going through the elite 4...the lucky eggs are a good idea. That seems like the best way to train since I never played DPP seriously.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

us a exp share and add the team mates one by one?

lucky eggs help...

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The Chansey idea is really good. Where do you find out where there are Swarms? I would assume the Pokegear, but what Channel?

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:23 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Ryanh181 wrote:
The Chansey idea is really good. Where do you find out where there are Swarms? I would assume the Pokegear, but what Channel?

Oh, why that would be the "Pokemon Talk" Channel...they tell you every single day where a pokemon is swarming & after that they tell you some other obvious pokemon locations that aren't swarms...I am currently having a Ditto swarm on Route 47...sadly I have to use Waterfall just to get to the grass on that route ~_~ ...the channel is the upper right one, every hour of every day...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]