Generation V: Too Far?!?!? 

For or against?
Bring on Gen 5! 86%  86%  [ 56 ]
Stop, before it goes too far! 14%  14%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 65

Generation V: Too Far?!?!? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Pokemon are magical and amazing creatures, with millions of people across the globe playing the games, it is truly a phenomenon. But there are over 400 Pokemon, spread over more than 10 games. Generation 5 is upon us, and I, for one have trouble accepting it!

There are way too many Pokemon now! I'd prefer it if the creators would make a new Region, but not make many new Pokemon. I love Pokemon and all to it, but I don't want my children playing Pokemon Pumice in 10 years and the National Dex having over 1000 Pokemon! How hard was it to fill it on Platinum?

Comment below if you are for or against then Fifth Gen.

I'm smart.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have to say, if the quality of the pokemon begin to deteriorate, then yes, they should stop making new pokemon, but keep making games. but I dont think they're at that point in which the quality of pokemon has deteriorated, yet. so, i say, bring on Gen V!

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:44 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Ryder wrote:
I have to say, if the quality of the pokemon begin to deteriorate, then yes, they should stop making new pokemon, but keep making games. but I dont think they're at that point in which the quality of pokemon has deteriorated, yet. so, i say, bring on Gen V!

Thank you...now I don't have to say it myself...

I do want them however to stop making the filling of the National Dex based on capturing the pokemon or if that isn't enough, just simply take some of the Legendaries off the requirements for completing the National Dex since they are painfully hard to obtain all of...seriously, I have only saw 400 pokemon in my Platinum National Dex & nowhere near all of them have been owned by me at any point in time...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, if i filled it up on Pokemon Diamond, I can do it in the next game. BRING ON GENERATION 5! But seriously, If they go forever, they will run out of ideas in like 2023.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's a mixed bag for me. On the positive side, I have to agree that the quality is not decreased to the point that they're obviously pulling it out of their rear ends... Another positive is that it gives them a chance to keep the best features (or make an "omnibus" game with all of the games basically rolled into one :D), and to do what they obviously want to with the Pokedex and make every single type combination possible (I mean, c'mon, {bibarel}, Normal/Water, amirite?).

The negative is that numbers are already very high for Pokemon (standing only 7 away from the magical 500). That won't take many Pokemon (not counting forms that aren't given another number) and we're already only 5 away (Zorua and Zoroark)...

I personally think it's too hard to get EVERYTHING done, but the last game we see (I guarantee this) is the one where everything comes together in a one-game series...

So, overall, I'm unsure. For now, I'm half enthusiastic, and half screaming at GameFreak to grow up and stop milking us for all our cash!

AEPMT ;) :mrgreen: :P

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

For some reason I found that filling up the National Dex on Platinum was actually really REALLY easy compared to previous games. That's not to say it was not a challenge, I'm just pointing out that it has been improved.

In my personal opinion? The more pokemon, the better! And the two new Gen 5 pokemon they've released so far seem quite good as far as quality, so I'm not about to give up on the franchise.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:25 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

They must keep making new pokemon until they are forced to make a pokemon for each type that is part dragon! After that, they can do whatever they want.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:46 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

How many times are we going to do this thread?

I remember people complaining about the 4th generation Pokemon, almost 500 Pokemon seemed kind of ridiculous at the time. Now, we'll most likely be slightly above 600 Pokemon, which doesn't bother me at all. Pokemon hasn't used the slogan "Gotta Catch 'Em All!" in years. Actually, nothing in the fourth generation games really tells you to completely fill up your Pokedex.

I see it like this - there are plenty of ways to battle, and plenty of Pokemon to use. As they keep adding new Pokemon, moves, and abilities, there will be even more ways to battle. Remember in RBY when 151 seemed like a lot? Thinking about, there wasn't nearly enough Pokemon! I can't believe how much fun I had completing the Pokedex and stopping at 150. Comparing that to completing the national dex in Pearl Version (which I did :)), that was nothing.

My only concern is the trading card game. I still don't own all 493 Pokemon. When Generation 5 comes out, I'll be even more behind. :(

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:46 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Where Chandelure stores the souls it burns for fuel! Mwahahahaha
Bring on Generation V! I think it's pretty crazy not to.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:41 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Krisp wrote:
I remember people complaining about the 4th generation Pokemon, almost 500 Pokemon seemed kind of ridiculous at the time. Now, we'll most likely be slightly above 600 Pokemon, which doesn't bother me at all. Pokemon hasn't used the slogan "Gotta Catch 'Em All!" in years. Actually, nothing in the fourth generation games really tells you to completely fill up your Pokedex.

I see it like this - there are plenty of ways to battle, and plenty of Pokemon to use. As they keep adding new Pokemon, moves, and abilities, there will be even more ways to battle. Remember in RBY when 151 seemed like a lot? Thinking about, there wasn't nearly enough Pokemon! I can't believe how much fun I had completing the Pokedex and stopping at 150. Comparing that to completing the national dex in Pearl Version (which I did :)), that was nothing.

...I'm just saying...that they need to make all the pokemon more accessable or I might actually commit a sin & give up on pokemon like I gave up on being a graphic designer once I found out that it was advertisement heavy...& I might really need to point this out but in HGSS, you actually have to have obtained the pokemon needed to complete the National Dex...you know, for it to count as completed & to get the Trainer Star for it which I just don't see being all that possible enough to do...

In Short, either they take the Legendaries in general out of the needed pokemon to complete the National Dex at least or I might just quit pokemon all together & lose my remaining hope for Game Freak, etc...& to state, this is my only real problem as far as completing the game is concerned...& I agree that while this is a issue with me, I just don't get how anyone can say that there is too many pokemon when it's simular to saying that it's too much animals in the real world...just saying...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:10 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I don't think it has gotten too far. As long as they keep adding new pokemon down to adding in new type combinations (which of course balance them properly with the right movepool) and of course adding the missing Eevee types then we're all good.

I'm just tired of seeing new pokemon of the same type, when all they need to do is rebalance the pokemon that are already there. This can be done by adjusting the movepools and abilities, not by rehashing type combinations with different base stats.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:29 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think its a great idea. I mean if they stopped making the games, we would be stuck on one generation for ever. :D

Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:41 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I do personally wish that instead of a new region and new Pokemon, they would use the existing regions and Pokemon to create a truly epic story. But even if they don't, the thrill of exploring new Pokemon and new regions is ALWAYS fun for me. After generation three, I wanted the game I explained above, but we didn't get that. But that did not, in any way, negate the fun of exploring Sinnoh.

And the best part of any new Pokemon game, at least for me, is finding a Pokemon and fighting it for the first time. I love testing moves against them and guessing "Hmmm, that wasn't super effective...maybe it's grass...but if it was grass, that fire move would have been super effective...it must be grass/rock!" And that is what is so amazing about Pokemon. That feeling I had when I was 8 years old of discovering Pikachu and Staryu and Dragonite is something that Game Freak always manages to make me feel even now, as an 18 year old. So, either way, bring on Generation V!

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:29 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I truly do not understand how anyone could want them to stop creating new pokemon.

I can almost guarantee that without them the series would be six feet under already.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:31 pm
Profile ICQ
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Though they will eventually run out of ideas, "too far" is a serious over-statement. And, for the record, I'm for Gen. V all the way.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

chinqs96 wrote:
I think its a great idea. I mean if they stopped making the games, we would be stuck on one generation for ever. :D

if they stopped making pokemon i would go stay in pokemon crystal forever :D

the greatest game ever made.....

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:52 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

filling the dex on platinum was ticky if you didnt play the past games...if you would of completed your dex on emerald, firered, and platinum ( reagonal dex ) you would of just had to fill yourdex from heartgold and transfer the pokemon to it and bam pokedex complete and sence i already have my pokedex complete that gives me and other's who have theres done too a boost because all you have to do is get your reagonal dex done ( horrible spelling sorry ) and do this every time a new game comes out and it will be super easy filling the dex.. so i say the more the marrier.

life is a bore.. no one can beat me :(

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:37 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm still unsure about gen IV. So needless to say I'm unsure about gen V. But you know what, eventually I am going to want new pokemon. I say let them make gen V, VI, VII, etc. Because when I finally get tired of gen I-III pokemon it will be nice to have more.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:19 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

BRING ON GENERATION V!!! well, as long as the pokemon dont look rediculous!
and so far i like Zorua's looks.

^This is for Pokemon Y

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:46 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I don't know, I think they should stop making games for couple years and then add the next 300 or so pokemon and we stick with those for the next who knows how long. And say goodbye to the previoius generations.

I mean, I just can't see people using the same old pokemon, that we've known for a while already, in the next 20 years still existing in the "newer" games. Assuming pokemon is STILL popular of course.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:56 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

This is just too MUCH!!!!!
Gen. V will fail, and if they come out with another one it will be even worse. I beat Soul Silver in under 60 hour's, and it is as boring as HECK!!!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Heretics!
Of course we need new pokemon. With the phenomenon that is online battle, it becomes obvious that while there are over 500 pokemon available, many are not final stage, some are downright pointless (luvdisk anyone?), and others are at final stage and still suck. This of course leaves only a small number that are able to be used in competitive play, which lets face it, its the future of the franchise. I for one haven't been playing pokemon for the plot and enthralling story for quite some time. The fun in pokemon is raising your very own pokemon with love and care and then forcing them to duke it out with other pokemon in a battle to the death. What fun would it be if there weren't new pokemon to discover with each new era? No, I need new, stronger species of pokemon to raise for the sole purpose of being able to kick the pathetic behinds of my rivals, and in doing so earn a little bit of extra in-game cash.

Moral of the story? Pokemon is a whole hell a lot like dog fighting when it comes down to it.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:22 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I also say welcome to any new pokemon as there just needs to be more competitive battle compatible pokemon as there is just not enough...just not enough for me...can't wait for 5th Gen to come out & welcome a 6th Gen whenever it may come...

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:10 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I loved The HeartGold and SoulSilver remakes as the game batteries died on the original cartridges. I also like the fact that they make new games so we don't get bored, but I hope with all of my heart that they slow down making Pokemon. The Black and White releases are actually quite worrying me because of the just released HG and SS. I don't care if they make ten games, but I do care that they take their jolly time and release the games less often as they are.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:32 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

fluffeon wrote:
I loved The HeartGold and SoulSilver remakes as the game batteries died on the original cartridges. I also like the fact that they make new games so we don't get bored, but I hope with all of my heart that they slow down making Pokemon. The Black and White releases are actually quite worrying me because of the just released HG and SS. I don't care if they make ten games, but I do care that they take their jolly time and release the games less often as they are.

Agreed...I just looked at more gameplay footage of Black & White & from all the advance technology like changes they made...making it release able in translated languages will be almost like manual labor...brutal...they got they work cut out for them but it better get done right or I will simply be disapointed to no end...

Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next