It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Catching Latias/Latios 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I've found an easy way to catch those annoyingly elusive pokemon, Latias and Latios.

These pokemon will switch routes every time time you do, or any time you exit a building. And they will still appear when you use repels.

So the solution is to grab a handful of repels, max preferably, and head to route 117. Your front pokemon should be higher then level 15 so that the repels actually do something. Now just cover every inch of both water and grass on the route being careful not to leave the route. Chances are that you will not find it on your first go around so walk into the daycare and head back out to route 117 and repeat the process.

This can take time, 2 hours my first time, but it has worked for me twice now. I started over my game a few days ago and tried it again this morning and found it in less 20 minutes. Just make sure you have your Master Ball to throw at it.

I hope this helps people who are looking for these pokemon. I appologize if something simular has already been posted.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:24 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

No apology needed, this is an effective method for catching most "roaming" legendaries
God i wish i knew the first time i played Gold and Silver..sigh

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:01 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This maybe help you encounter him first time.. plz leave a reply there if you find him where i said in this post:)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26777

there is a guide to how I catched latias TWICE on samespot in different games.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]