It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Help with Leaf Green?? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm playing Leaf Green with a VBA on my computer, and I used a gameshark code to catch a Trapinch in the wild. Well I've raised it up to level 35 in which it should evolve into a vibrava but it won't. Instead it will begin the evolution process but then stop and will just say ...? Look at the screen shot to see what i mean. How do i fix this?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Where Chandelure stores the souls it burns for fuel! Mwahahahaha
The problem is Gameshark. Gameshark wilk screw around with your pokemon, your Trapinch being a victim. Sorry. You should never trust Gameshark.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:38 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

yeah gameshark's a S.O.B but i guess you could try getting a gamesharked {flygon}.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:26 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Most likely because the Game Shark only added a Trapinch to the game, and the information that it evolves into a vibrava then flygon, but did not add the actual flygon and vibrava information itself.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:50 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I doubt it is the Game Shark's fault. Do you have the National Dex from Professor Oak yet? You would get it after beating the E4 and having 60 Pokemon in your Pokedex. You cannot obtain pokemon that aren't members of the original 150 until you recieve the National Dex. I played for 2 days where my Golbat tried frequantly to evolve into Crobat but couldn't because I didn't have the National Dex. Once you obtain it your pokemon should evolve as usual when they level up again.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:14 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Mr. Eved wrote:
I doubt it is the Game Shark's fault. Do you have the National Dex from Professor Oak yet? You would get it after beating the E4 and having 60 Pokemon in your Pokedex. You cannot obtain pokemon that aren't members of the original 150 until you recieve the National Dex. I played for 2 days where my Golbat tried frequantly to evolve into Crobat but couldn't because I didn't have the National Dex. Once you obtain it your pokemon should evolve as usual when they level up again.

This is the gist of it, I absolutely hate this feature but it's there & there is no way around it except for hacking the form of the pokemon you actually plan to use then your A OK...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri May 07, 2010 2:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

there is a gameshark code that enables the national dex. worked for me, anyway. :shock:

Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:17 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Mr. Eved wrote:

As pointed out here it's likely because you don't have the National Dex so Trapinch's evolved forms and even Trapinch itself are not recognized. Look through your Pokedex Trapinch should NOT have an entry if you don't have the National Dex since it's a pokemon outside Kanto, or else it's there with a blank entry and '???' as it's dex number and stats (I'm not sure because I've not experimented with this).
To receive the National Dex from Oak you need to defeat the Eilte Four and Gary and have seen at least 60 Pokemon. It's a sh**** system since a lot of Kanto pokemon have evolved forms outside the Kanto dex but there it is.

Gameshark is a risk though because it's forcing the game to process data it's not designed to and so use will at times come with bad karma.
I too once had FR/LG on emulator and used gamesharking to capture a few pokemon I couldn't obtain in the wild, though I believe only one was outside Kanto (a Phanpy I think). While battling Misty I accidentally forgot to turn the gameshark off and somehow my Pikachu which was legitimately caught in the Viridian Forest turned into a bad egg. That then forced me to gameshark a new Pikachu since you can't return to the Viridian Forest once in Cerulean City until you defeat Misty, gain the ability to cut and reach Vermillion. Until you can fly Digglet Cave in Vermillion City is the only way to return to Pewter. I couldn't wait that long, I needed that Pikachu to battle Misty.

So even if this problem wasn't caused by gameshark you need to be careful doing that but if you really want Trapinch's evolved forms you'll need to gameshark them or else gameshark yourself the National Dex if that's possible.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]