It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:03 am



Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 What do you think the theme of the new games will be? 
Author Message
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 am
Posts: 625
you just watched that scrooge show, didnt you? lol, i wont judge. hmm. they kind of already did a time thing with palkia and dialga doing the space-time thing.

_________________
Amoiré Soul


Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:46 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:45 am
Posts: 370
Location: United States
metagross4 wrote:
Don't judge me, I know its stupid, but what about past and future.

If they do that, they better make Celebi available in-game. Seriously.

Ryder wrote:
they kind of already did a time thing with palkia and dialga doing the space-time thing.

Not really with Palkia, but sure, with Dialga.

I just realized that they kinda repeated time with Celebi and Dialga....

_________________
Check out my Gen IV -- Trading and Breeding Shop where you can get special breed requests or just pick something out of the ever growing list!
~DeviantART Account~Dapple - Art Portfolio~Tegaki-E 1~Tegaki-E 2~
"I believe in angels. The ones heaven sends. I'm surrounded by them every day, but I just call them friends."


Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 am
Posts: 625
i mentioned palkia merely because it went with dialga. they're a package deal, lol. you cant have one without the other. anyways, dialga made time, and celebii travels through and manipulates time, so they arent exactly the same. :D

_________________
Amoiré Soul


Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:58 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 pm
Posts: 606
Location: Jagged Pass... lat 32.93, long 131.11
True we've witnessed time travel already
(and can be part of it in that Celebi event now!!!)
But we've never ACTUALLY focused on it.

Except in PMD, but I hate those games by comparison.

It'd be a cool idea.

_________________
Image Image Image Image
Avatar courtesy of Magikarps_Beast


Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:40 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Spoinkable wrote:
True we've witnessed time travel already
(and can be part of it in that Celebi event now!!!)
But we've never ACTUALLY focused on it.

Except in PMD, but I hate those games by comparison.

It'd be a cool idea.


Time Travel would be a cool idea...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:42 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:22 pm
Posts: 239
Location: Lying in a pool of Mt. Dew Throwback
Ryder wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:
OK, so the seasons thing is a BRILLIANT idea
*bows* thank you, thank you, your too kind. XD
ahem, anyways i would think if they did seasons, it would be a weekly rotation kind of thing, if they made the whole season thing out of whack, it would be too similar to Gen III. of course, i suppose its possible and all if they made it more original than just an exact copy of Gen III.


*punch in da phace!* Do you know why I'm punching you? Because you used the wrong form of "you're". TAUTOLOGIST DOUCHEBAG.

Anyway. Time travel... Is a good idea. HOWEVER I think Pokemon's probably going to use that for a Gen V spinoff rather than the main series. It's just a Pokemon thing to do.

Now, about the season-exclusive areas: I don't think interest would be lost by the time the new seasons come about. Actually, I'm thinking it would add more interest every time the player explores the new area, if done right. I mean, it may be a season-exclusive Pokemon that they'd be capturing, and they'd want to train it at least a little bit. Especially if there was a switch for every season's area, then it opened up a door somewhere where a Legendary could be hidden... Wow. This is a pretty intense idea. If this isn't Gen V, then someone had better make a fake game. :P

By the way, I also like the idea of regions not being affected by season. This came up in my mind when I thought of Snowpoint City and how it would always have to be Snowpoint and not friggin' Muddypoint.

_________________
You threw a "Dusk Ball!"
Aw, it appeared to be caught.
Screw it! Master Ball.

~A haiku


I disable smilies because I do not smile.


Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:35 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 am
Posts: 625
LeoTheLion wrote:
*punch in da phace!* Do you know why I'm punching you? Because you used the wrong form of "you're". TAUTOLOGIST DOUCHEBAG.
lol, you do realize i did that on purpose to see if anyone cared enough to comment on it? Rofl. looks like you are one of the very few who did care enough to mention it. Apparently people just don't care that much about grammar on a pokemon forum. it aint exactly school. XD anyways, hmm. i kinda put the season idea in the wrong thread, since this is about theme's for the game, so i moved most of what i said over to the "things Gen IV SHOULD have" thread and Spoinkable was kind enough to translate the huge block of ideas that i dumped there into something readable. lol, thanks, spoinkable, that was a huge help.

_________________
Amoiré Soul


Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:29 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 pm
Posts: 606
Location: Jagged Pass... lat 32.93, long 131.11
Ryder wrote:
i kinda put the season idea in the wrong thread, since this is about theme's for the game, so i moved most of what i said over to the "things Gen IV SHOULD have" thread and Spoinkable was kind enough to translate the huge block of ideas that i dumped there into something readable. lol, thanks, spoinkable, that was a huge help.

yvw =)

Ryder wrote:
lol, you do realize i did that on purpose to see if anyone cared enough to comment on it? Rofl. looks like you are one of the very few who did care enough to mention it.

I call bs ;)

_________________
Image Image Image Image
Avatar courtesy of Magikarps_Beast


Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:43 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:36 am
Posts: 197
I've been thinking about light/dark and/or sun/moon too. In fact, I think they could really use that.

One would be fire/psychic to represent the warmth of the day and the other would be ice/dark to symbolize the cold dark night. Fire beats ice but dark beats psychic. I think it's fair enough.

Other ideas I have for the themes, and consequently, legendaries are:

the human being (or any being for that matter)

body - fighting - Brawlord
mind - psychic - Mindowager(?)
soul - ghost - Souliege

female and male legendary pokemon??

Regiumbra(?) to represent the dark ages? (compared to the Ice age, Stone age and Iron age of the three Regis), This would complete all types weak to fighting pokemon.

_________________
{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}


Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:53 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I like your ideas AceTrainer...

Oh & just to mention based on something I saw about the contents of the sun, the pokemon representing something pretaining to the day could be Fire/Water as well...or perferibly Water/Fire...just a statement, nothing to put too much though into unless you know what part of the sun I'm referring to...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:41 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:55 am
Posts: 131
Location: Tall grass
Fire/Ghost for the sun? It is a giant ball of flaming gas...

{gastly} on fire?

_________________
2x4b wrote:
OCCULAR BLEEDING IS THE ONLY REASON TO IGNORE VIDEO GAMES!

Image


Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:10 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:36 am
Posts: 197
Fire/Ghost would work well on a St.Elmo's fire concept.

Fire/Grass is also possible (see Swampfire of ben ten).

_________________
{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}


Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:53 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:07 pm
Posts: 76
Location: I'm on the moon!
I certainly wouldn't mind a chance to reverse the rolls. By that I mean play the side of the villains and finally have Team Rocket/Galactic/Magma/Aqua kick some tail!

_________________
Got Mamoswin?

Name: Erik
Friend Code: 1160 9109 9627


Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:54 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 pm
Posts: 606
Location: Jagged Pass... lat 32.93, long 131.11
Physalis wrote:
I certainly wouldn't mind a chance to reverse the rolls. By that I mean play the side of the villains and finally have Team Rocket/Galactic/Magma/Aqua kick some tail!

Wouldn't it be awesome if:
A.) You could play as either by choosing at the beginning.
B.) Your player (ultimately good) goes rogue. Like, ACTUALLY says "yes" at the end of Nugget Bridge =P

_________________
Image Image Image Image
Avatar courtesy of Magikarps_Beast


Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:23 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 am
Posts: 625
Ok, i got another idea. how about this - if you choose to become a bad guy (before you get your starter, of course) you are given a choice of three different starters than what you would have gotten if you chose to become a normal trainer. and you cant catch pokemon. you do missions and earn pokemon. so like, for every mission you do you get one pokemon as a reward if you succesfully complete it. obviously, legends and such would be far more difficult missions. but it was just an idea. what do you think?

_________________
Amoiré Soul


Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:56 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:55 am
Posts: 131
Location: Tall grass
Ryder wrote:
Ok, i got another idea. how about this - if you choose to become a bad guy (before you get your starter, of course) you are given a choice of three different starters than what you would have gotten if you chose to become a normal trainer. and you cant catch pokemon. you do missions and earn pokemon. so like, for every mission you do you get one pokemon as a reward if you succesfully complete it. obviously, legends and such would be far more difficult missions. but it was just an idea. what do you think?


Kinda reminds me of the Pokemon Ranger games.

_________________
2x4b wrote:
OCCULAR BLEEDING IS THE ONLY REASON TO IGNORE VIDEO GAMES!

Image


Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:06 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 pm
Posts: 606
Location: Jagged Pass... lat 32.93, long 131.11
GollyGreg wrote:
Ryder wrote:
Ok, i got another idea. how about this - if you choose to become a bad guy (before you get your starter, of course) you are given a choice of three different starters than what you would have gotten if you chose to become a normal trainer. and you cant catch pokemon. you do missions and earn pokemon. so like, for every mission you do you get one pokemon as a reward if you succesfully complete it. obviously, legends and such would be far more difficult missions. but it was just an idea. what do you think?


Kinda reminds me of the Pokemon Ranger games.

Except not retarded.

Maybe it could be more like Pokemon Colosseum(?) where you steal Pokemon.
Only instead of stealing from bad guys, you steal from whoever you want.
And, like, their happiness starts at 0 when you catch them.

However, the earning them through missions is WAY cooler.
In fact, the whole concept of missions is awesome.
I was in LOVE with KH 358/2 Days because of missions.

_________________
Image Image Image Image
Avatar courtesy of Magikarps_Beast


Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:41 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:59 am
Posts: 113
Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
well, I can obviously see light and dark as a theme, but since we just had a story line about the pokemon creation myth it would be interesting to see all the pokemon that were there in the first place as sort of a super-massive pokemon theme and center around the dinosaurs of pokemon and all the giant leviathan-like water pokemon and the lying fortresses of the pteradactyls obviously the seiries would have realitivaly high defense and attak but based on the two dark pokemon we have been given, it seems a light dark theme would be more likely, but we woud need a new light type


Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:27 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 pm
Posts: 606
Location: Jagged Pass... lat 32.93, long 131.11
robbydebry wrote:
well, I can obviously see light and dark as a theme, but since we just had a story line about the pokemon creation myth it would be interesting to see all the pokemon that were there in the first place as sort of a super-massive pokemon theme and center around the dinosaurs of pokemon and all the giant leviathan-like water pokemon and the lying fortresses of the pteradactyls obviously the seiries would have realitivaly high defense and attak but based on the two dark pokemon we have been given, it seems a light dark theme would be more likely, but we woud need a new light type

I love you.
Going with when Pokemon and people first started interacting would be B*tchin.

But come to think of it, they probably won't. =(
All the new regions in the games have better and better technologies.

_________________
Image Image Image Image
Avatar courtesy of Magikarps_Beast


Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:53 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:59 am
Posts: 113
Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
thats probably true, hopefully we get to see more of the distortion world

_________________
73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature


Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:07 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 pm
Posts: 606
Location: Jagged Pass... lat 32.93, long 131.11
robbydebry wrote:
thats probably true, hopefully we get to see more of the distortion world

Ooooh, I didn't consider that.

They made it way bigger in the Movie with Giratina...
Maybe we could actually explore it? If it takes place after DPPt, then perhaps they'll be able to freely access it.

_________________
Image Image Image Image
Avatar courtesy of Magikarps_Beast


Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:33 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I wouldn't mind the idea of a further exploration of the Distortion World...only they need to crank the area up to 11 cause it was only 4 in Platinum & this is me being considerate so...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:17 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:15 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Hiding in a cardboard box, playing with yarn. Meow. ^.^
I hope we can explore the distortion world. Maybe they'll even put in special wild pokemon and items and such, that you can't obtain in the game overworld? I hope so. ^.^


Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:28 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:24 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Kentucky
The name is apparently Black and White so likely Light and Dark.

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:28 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Greatwolf67 wrote:
The name is apparently Black and White so likely Light and Dark.


I know...this news blew my mind when I heard it, now I really hope they use my day/night idea or something simular enough...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:08 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.