It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Thoughts and/or Opinions? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In my Secret Base at Route 116- come and find me! :P
So I'm in the process of editing my trainer sprite. I'm going to post her right here, and I'd like your thoughts and/or opinions whether she should be holding the bag in the mug shot, and if yes, I'd like to know if the bag needs any work or not. I'd also like some critique on my overworld sprites (you're spoiled by seeing my premier of my Rocket sprites). I used to be somewhat of a legend spriter back in the days of NSIDER, but since the forum's death I took a break from spriting. I do plan on adding her bag on her overworld sprite, but I need to figure out how I'm going to scratch it in. I'll be leaving it out of the Rocket set. The hair on the mug shots I WILL perfect later, I've just worked so much on it I need a break XD

Tarika Trainer sprite:

Mug Shot w/out Bag:

Mug w/bag:

Sprite sheet prototype:

Trainer card:

P.S. I have not downloaded GIMP (my usual photo editing software) since I upgraded to Windows 7, so the sprites are not transparent because I worked on them in paint. Transparency will come later, but it's a pain in the butt for me to do right now.

I also love how I had to redo her face, because when I made the mug, I used Falkner's head with the hair in front of his eye. I guess Falkner looks pretty feminine? lol.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:23 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

YES!!!!! I MANAGED TO GET HERE DESPITE THE APRIL FOOLS PRANK!!!!! lol, sorry, it just took me a sec to figure out how to get here. and its sooo simple, too, now that i know how. XD

anyways, bout your art, I love the overworld sprites, and the trainer pics are pretty good to, albeit a little rough around the eyes and mouth (except this is pokemon game art, so the eyes and mouth are always like that, lol. so nvm bout that. XD) I particularly like the team rocket tarika overworld sprite, lol. the bag could always go over her arm, or, something that has yet to be done, on the ground next to her. you never see the bag on the ground, for some reason. they always are carrying it, lol

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:53 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In my Secret Base at Route 116- come and find me! :P
:) *is happy*

So, with the "bag on the ground" idea, I guess that would be a justifiable way in order to remove it from the mug shot. I did kinda want her carrying it, though because I wanted her to be fitting in with the group of trainers, nowadays. I.E. if they changed the sprite for the girl in Platinum, I want to be able to imagine my sprite in there. Playable and everything. And if the bag was on the ground, I'd have to create sprites of her bending down to pick them up. and that's a challenge.

A little trivia - The overworld sprites (non-rocket) were based on Sabrina, as well as the body part of the mug shot. I think I mentioned that I used Falkner's head.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

the team rocket suit shes in is cute and that little dragonite

Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Awesome stuff! Good work!

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i actually meant with the whole bag on the ground thing, like in the trainer card picture the bag would be on the ground, leaning against her foot, one flap parially open, a pokeball outside, next to the bag. Thats just what i pictured anyways. :D

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]