It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Wi-Fi USB Connector? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

If this doesn't belong here, any mods, please lock or move this Topic. Thank you.

But I have a question that has to do with the DS which is why I put it here. When trying to set-up Wi-Fi for my DS (which I can't do... Stupid WPA security) it says at the bottom "Connect to your Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector." Does anyone know what this is, how I can get it, and if I can connect to online and do global trading and battling in Pokemon with this? Thanks much mates.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:00 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I googled it, and apparently they have been discontinued. :?

You could always use a generic USB connector such as this one, because I know they work decently too.

However, I believe your problem would be better solved by logging into your router settings and changing the security from WPA to WEP. It's slightly less secure, but at my house we haven't had any problems. We had to downgrade to WEP for my DS to connect to our router.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:23 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Krisp wrote:
I googled it, and apparently they have been discontinued. :?

You could always use a generic USB connector such as this one, because I know they work decently too.

However, I believe your problem would be better solved by logging into your router settings and changing the security from WPA to WEP. It's slightly less secure, but at my house we haven't had any problems. We had to downgrade to WEP for my DS to connect to our router.

Wow... But uhm, I don't know how to do that... Heh... Also, thanks for the help

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Go ahead and get the WiFi Link one. I got mine for $15 and after a little trouble shooting, it works great. the only thing is that you need to have your computer on to use it.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]