It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Does anyone know of a good grass type in HG? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well, my team is almost done, butI'm having a hard time finding a good grass type for my team anyone know of any good grass types you can catch in HG?

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:46 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Victreebell, maybe. Unless you picked Meganium.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:51 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I thought Victreebell sucked unless you bought TMs for it.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:53 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Where Chandelure stores the souls it burns for fuel! Mwahahahaha
BroBuzz wrote:

I hate Victreebel! They never really made a good grass type for Johto (not counting Meganium). Maybe if you catch a tangela and evolve it into a tangrowth?
Meh

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:55 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
BroBuzz wrote:

As of 4th Gen...this would be a incorrect statement...

& I would recommend...
{vileplume} = poison coverage & good special defense...
{bellossom} = Vileplume - poison coverage + more offensively dependable movepool...
{exeggutor} = psychic coverage & dominent special offense with above average physical offense & defense...has the worse movepool though...
{tangrowth} = probably the best option here due to superior physical defense & special attack (I was shocked too...) & longest & best movepool...

Tangela takes the longest to obtain but is worth it...Oddish is quickly obtainable but dangerously short movepool hinder it without TMs...Exeggcute is obtainable shortly after Oddish & while a great movepool without TMs has a short movepool with strict learning curve due to being a Stone Evolution even more so then Vileplume or Bellossom & also Tangrowth has better stats & movepool in general overall eventually so...

DO NOT USE THIS POKEMON;
{sunflora} = bad chance to catch it with Solar Power, one of the worst abilities in the game...& it's besically Bellossom with a little more SpAtk but slightly larger movepool...

Hope this helped...this game is slightly harder then GSC was so be aware...it's still easy however...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

if you picked the pichu you could use celebi...

i picked up the pichu :D

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The event Pichu gets you another special Pichu, NOT Celebi.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:43 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

{tangrowth} is freaking awesome and everyone should use it. It appears on the same route as {lickitung} so you can have both {tangrowth} and {lickilicky} on your team. Your team would be epic then. <3

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:58 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Krisp wrote:
{tangrowth} is freaking awesome and everyone should use it. It appears on the same route as {lickitung} so you can have both {tangrowth} and {lickilicky} on your team. Your team would be epic then. <3

Thank you...this is very true...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:13 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I was using {oddish} until I scored a {bulbasaur} with Petal Dance through the GTS. Someone has one early in the game, so they're easy to find and request through GTS (since I won't have access to another DS to transfer stuff from Diamond for another 2 weeks).

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:28 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Rybo wrote:
I was using {oddish} until I scored a {bulbasaur} with Petal Dance through the GTS. Someone has one early in the game, so they're easy to find and request through GTS (since I won't have access to another DS to transfer stuff from Diamond for another 2 weeks).

Well yes, {bulbasaur} is a very very good Grass Type with Great Special period...though I didn't recommend it since it wasn't available ingame til you beat Red...but if you don't mind transfering from Sinnoh games or GBA games then very yes on Bulbasaur, Roselia, etc...

Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:11 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:

Well yes, {bulbasaur} is a very very good Grass Type with Great Special period...though I didn't recommend it since it wasn't available ingame til you beat Red...but if you don't mind transfering from Sinnoh games or GBA games then very yes on Bulbasaur, Roselia, etc...

I disagree, logistically at least. Bulbasaur is available in game before Red, due to the fact that someone else has one, opening up the pokedex entry and allowing you request one on GTS.

I've heard a few people mention that trading and grabbing pokemon off the pokewalker early on seems like cheating to them, I just don't happen to be one of those people. Trading has always been a fairly quintessential aspect of the poke-games, it seems silly to not use it when it's been made so readily available through the wonders of WiFi.

Of course, I'm a fairly naturally honest person, and don't really exploit the system where others do. A traded Bulbasaur, and maybe soon a Gligar and a Ralts, for my team is about the extent of it. And I have yet to strap my pokewalker to a washing machine or a dog. I wouldn't rule out the dog though. ;)

Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:23 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Rybo wrote:
I disagree, logistically at least. Bulbasaur is available in game before Red, due to the fact that someone else has one, opening up the pokedex entry and allowing you request one on GTS.

I've heard a few people mention that trading and grabbing pokemon off the pokewalker early on seems like cheating to them, I just don't happen to be one of those people. Trading has always been a fairly quintessential aspect of the poke-games, it seems silly to not use it when it's been made so readily available through the wonders of WiFi.

Of course, I'm a fairly naturally honest person, and don't really exploit the system where others do. A traded Bulbasaur, and maybe soon a Gligar and a Ralts, for my team is about the extent of it. And I have yet to strap my pokewalker to a washing machine or a dog. I wouldn't rule out the dog though. ;)

Okay, Rybo...I read your other post...I meant to obtain it without another person to trade with...of course there's the GTS & Wi-Fi & the Sinnoh games through the Kanto remake games...I just figured that the person wanted something from within the HGSS game...meh...

Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:49 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I got HeartGold about a week ago and I want a grass pokemon. I don't know if I should choose to get a Vileplume or Victreebel?

Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:29 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{bellossom}

Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Though it has a deader movepool via LV Up to me...I say this now, but I'm going to have to go with {vileplume} ...because it has better support in my opinion with Moonlight, & it has Petal Dance & it has better Special in general then {victrebel} as well as better Defense...just slower so be aware...

Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]