It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Did it live up to expectations/Was it better than GSC? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Like the title says, did the game live up to expectations, and was it better than the original games? I think it surpassed my expectations. The music is great, the towns look awesome, and there are some cool new things, like the pokewalker. I'm gonna say it is better than GSC, but not by much.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:02 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think it was great. Just like you said, the Music was great and the graphics were amazing, But for explainable reason it doesn't give me that nostalgic feeling. But other than that, i think they are equal.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:19 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think they did an excellent job on the remakes of Gold and Silver version. Like Cactuar said, great graphics, improved music, and the PokeWalker.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, from what I've seen so far, it has lived up to my expectations, the music is good, and the graphics look great.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DarkMegaMan wrote:
Well, from what I've seen so far, it has lived up to my expectations, the music is good, and the graphics look great.

I've played both all the way through and it sure did.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

So far I love this game and it is blasting my past!!!

The ONLY thing so far I have to complain about is the sound effect that the game makes when the rival kicks you when you question him at the beginning of the game while he is spying on Prof. Elm. I liked the GSC sound and the new one is more of a poke than a kick. So yeah.....this game rocks.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:36 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
It lived up to enough expectations but not all of them...too many cut corners & some towns/cities have pretty much no buildings to enter in them besides the facilities...*sign* at least I'm still satisfied with it I guess...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

:P i think the original G/S/C were more classic, we didnt know anything about johto then, and it was like walking into a brand-new world. this time i knew what i was getting into, so it wasnt as fresh and new as before. but i suppose that as far as pokemon games go, this is in my top three games. (games, not series. my top three right now is Platinum, HeartGold, and a tie between firered and emerald.)

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:32 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Cool, I can't wait to get my SS, but I see where you're coming from, I never really thought about that, it's just basically playing Silver with new graphics and a few adjustments. :S

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:07 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think this did pretty well. :3
I love the new music and try very hard to have it on almost all the time.
However, I think some of the sprites from Platinum were much better than they are now. Dragonair looks too thin an the head pieces are way to big and flashy. The overworld sprite is okay though.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:25 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

hmm. yeah, the onix and steelix sprites were awful as well.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:48 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've liked what I've played so far.
I really like the gyrados sprite in this one A LOT better than the Pt Sprite

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:58 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i suppose the game in itself, is better, but thats just because of the advances in technology and addition of more pokemon and everything. the originals were still more fresh and innovative to me, but yes. i like HG/SS more than G/S/C

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:02 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I actually love the new Steelix Sprite...don't know about the overworld sprite though...Onix I'm willing to agree though is not done properly via overworld sprite...I also like the Kanto Random Encounter & Gym Leader Theme better then I did in GSC...I think I liked some of the cities maybe & the Trainer Battle Theme better as well...some of it wasn't cutting it though & I hate waiting 16 Badges into the game to get the GB Sounds...that was plan stupid on their part...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

personally i thought the steelix sprite was better in D/P but thats just my opinion

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:42 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

HGSS definitely meets expectations, if only because Johto is my favorite region. Well, Hoenn or Johto.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:11 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I liked HGSS better than GSC. It's no Diamond/Pearl, but it's still a great game.

DPP > HGSS > GSC > RBY > RSE > FRLG

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:11 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Pfft, more like this:

HGSS = GSC > DPP = RBYG > FRLG > RSE

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I completely agree with Krisp. Then Gen IV games were ultimately my favorite, which HG/SS close behind. As far as the GSC/HGSS comparison, yes, the remakes blew away the old ones thanks to the addition of an endgame, better features, etc.

However, it did NOT fulfill all of my hopes. The largest of which being Kanto. Now, I know the game is supposed to be as much like GSC as possible, but Kanto was boring and pointless in GSC (imo), and it remains the same in the remakes. It frustrates me to no end that almost every pokemon I encounter in Kanto I've already encountered in Johto. Especially with two more regions since the original GSC, I was hoping for a little more focus and -variety- in Kanto. I mean hell, there's barely even any variety in Kanto when it comes to Kanto-region pokemon.

And for the record:
DPP > HGSS > RSE > FRLG > GSC > RBY

And I'm hoping Gen V takes top spot once it comes out. :)

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:23 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

It was great! I haven't played all the way through Platinum so I can't compare those two. But I have played all the way through Crystal so I can compare those. Personally, I think HGSS are only a little better than the originals. They're pretty much just the same, 'cept you can do everything with the touch screen. :P However the "new" music is pretty good even though I didn't really get to hear most of it because I usually keep it down. But, I LOVED the Final battle (THe Lance battle, not the ACTUAL Final Battle) music. It was like the old Elite four final battle music, but kick ass and guitar Solo-y. You just gotta love it when the original version of a song gets turned into a metal song. :D

Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:41 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I haven't really played the game yet but what I love about Johto is its history and mysterious places. And with the arrival of the Sinjoh ruins, I'm just dang excited!

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:40 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Savage Hunter wrote:
You just gotta love it when the original version of a song gets turned into a metal song. :D

lol, NO!, no no...those are usually the bad arrangements/remixes...though to be fair, on rare occasions they do do it right...just not often...

Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:39 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I think it's a different style then GSC. Doesn't have that old feel, so I consider it one of the newer generation despite the fact that it was a remake of the second oldest generation. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing game, but... nothing can beat the OGs, GSC are still the best. :P

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:34 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i like it better then the originals cus you don't have to save every time you change boxes

Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]