It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 What do you think the theme of the new games will be? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah, I miss stealing people's pokémon... :D

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Um, I thought you could EV train no matter the level... You just have to refresh the screen to see the difference...

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:59 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Spoinkable wrote:
Um, I thought you could EV train no matter the level... You just have to refresh the screen to see the difference...

Actually I though that Lv100 Pokemon could earn EVs after battle...just that you had to deposit it into the PC for it's stats to be effect by it...something like that anyway...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Can you still EV-train when your Pokemon is at level 100?

Yes you can, but since the Pokemon can no longer level up, the stat will never increase due to EVs gained. How then, can one overcome this problem? The answer lies in the Box Trick. Suppose your Mewtwo gains 4 Speed EVs. To increase its Speed by 1, deposit Mewtwo in the PC, and withdraw it again. Its Speed will now be higher by 1 point. This is because the stats are recalculated each time you withdraw a Pokemon in the PC. However, this is a tedious process. You will have to repeat this procedure for every 4 EVs gained. As such, it is advisable to start EV training early so that you do not have to resort to this means to let your level 100 Pokemon gain stats."

Source: http://www.psypokes.com/lab/evguide.php

This was to prove you can EV train at lv 100, but an easier way to reset stats has been found.
What you need to do is waste ONE Effort Value in a stat you will not be using/training.
>>i.e. I'm training Gardevoir, I'll put ONE in Attack before I start
(The only reason I suggest one is so you will waste the least.)
Continue to EV train until completed
Get the right berry to take that one EV out of the unwanted stat, and use it to reset that stat to 0 EV's
Voila!
Because the berry reset the unwanted stat, all of your Pokémon's stats have been reset!

Source: http://pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=57184

Back on topic, I really really hope it's a light/dark or day/night, possibly good/evil theme.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

When I first saw this I immediately thought of which country it'd be based off of. LOL. Because I saw it as this.
Gen 1: Japan
Gen 2: Japan
Gen 3: Great Britain
Gen 4: France

It seemed that way with outfits as well as music style. So in that respect I can see Gen V being Spanish.

Now that I read the thread, I gained some interest. Especially after reading the
Spoinkable wrote:
I think they should bring this back. They kinda started when they tortured the three lake sprites and forced a new universe almost.
But they didn't succeed.
Imagine if they did!

Would be totally epic, but it's a tad too epic for Pokemon and 4Kids to actually do something with. D:

A HUGE region, as brought up earlier, would be fantastic. Sinnoh's amount of ocean was pathetic compared to... all of the other handheld games. An entire urban sector in the region would be GREAT. Like... A city the size of, say, Johto's ocean. THAT would be awesome.

As for depth of the region, like hidden areas and stuff, I think RSE may have done the best job at this, what with the abandoned ship and the underwater areas and the secret hideouts and the desert areas and the mirage areas... Generation IV was pretty sad in many aspects.

Giovanni should lead the next team fo' sho', but I don't think it should be explicitly stated that Giovanni is the leader of the team, rather, it should be inferred. Maybe some allusions to his past with Team Rocket here and there... Ah, it would be great.

The theme itself though... The three states of matter: Gas, Liquid and Solid. Great things could be done, my friends. The special entry to the generation (i.e. Platinum, Crystal, Emerald) could have plasma. Just sayin'.

Or even better: the concept of the ten dimensions.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:52 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

LeoTheLion wrote:
Giovanni should lead the next team fo' sho', but I don't think it should be explicitly stated that Giovanni is the leader of the team, rather, it should be inferred. Maybe some allusions to his past with Team Rocket here and there...
giovanni is the guy in the shadows, telling the 'boss' of the new evil organization what to do. the grunts look to the 'boss' for orders. the 'boss' looks to giovanni for orders. :S the boss could be the red-headed kid, giovanni's son. lol. just an idea.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:54 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

LeoTheLion wrote:
The theme itself though... The three states of matter: Gas, Liquid and Solid. Great things could be done, my friends. The special entry to the generation (i.e. Platinum, Crystal, Emerald) could have plasma. Just sayin'.

These are both good ideas...I like the idea with the States of Matter in it though I'm not sure about plasma being in there though...it could even be very educational which seems to be to an advantage when selling products to minors...meh...

Ryder wrote:
LeoTheLion wrote:
Giovanni should lead the next team fo' sho', but I don't think it should be explicitly stated that Giovanni is the leader of the team, rather, it should be inferred. Maybe some allusions to his past with Team Rocket here and there...
giovanni is the guy in the shadows, telling the 'boss' of the new evil organization what to do. the grunts look to the 'boss' for orders. the 'boss' looks to giovanni for orders. :S the boss could be the red-headed kid, giovanni's son. lol. just an idea.

I love this idea except having the team lead by Giovanni's Son...he kind of turned around in the Johto games anyway...& what of the boy's mother for that matter...whatever...I just want to see this since Giovanni seems smart enough to be on par with some of anime's other too intelligent evil leader's...meh...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

LeoTheLion wrote:
Would be totally epic, but it's a tad too epic for Pokemon and 4Kids to actually do something with. D:

A HUGE region, as brought up earlier, would be fantastic. Sinnoh's amount of ocean was pathetic compared to... all of the other handheld games. An entire urban sector in the region would be GREAT. Like... A city the size of, say, Johto's ocean. THAT would be awesome.

As for depth of the region, like hidden areas and stuff, I think RSE may have done the best job at this, what with the abandoned ship and the underwater areas and the secret hideouts and the desert areas and the mirage areas... Generation IV was pretty sad in many aspects.

Giovanni should lead the next team fo' sho', but I don't think it should be explicitly stated that Giovanni is the leader of the team, rather, it should be inferred. Maybe some allusions to his past with Team Rocket here and there... Ah, it would be great.

I
Love
You
Where have you been all my life?
The three states of matter would be FAN-tastic!!! They'd probably come up with creative representations of the words "gas, liquid and solid" though.

And Giovanni leading from the shadows? Epic.
ANYONE leading from the shadows is just...great.
One of my favorite gaming feelings is when you think you've finally bested the big boss, then the REAL one comes, and you crap yourself.
"How the H*ll am I gonna be strong enough for this...?"

And I really do hope for a bigger overworld.
Considering the new Gen is probably going to be for DS again, they'd better do something FAR above and beyond Gen IV.
And this would be perfect.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hm. Another thing I think they might attempt is the four seasons. Using the DS clock/date they could make things correspond with the seasons and that isn't below The Pokemon Company to do something like that. I'd imagine Pokemon Solstice and Pokemon Equinox would be the names in that case. The legendaries wouldn't be too unfabulous either.

I didn't exactly mean Giovanni leading from the shadows, necessarily, only that he shouldn't be announced ingame as Giovanni. Like... Steve. Or something. But he should say things like "I couldn't have asked my son to lead..." or "My days as a Gym Leader were short." or something. Then you could have Admin Jesse and Admin James... THAT would rock.

~A haiku

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:01 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

LeoTheLion wrote:
Then you could have Admin Jesse and Admin James... THAT would rock.

It would be, but I think Jessy and James were grunts... I mean really, they haven't even changed their wardrobe like the rest of the company. They're kinda low men on the totem pole. :/

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:30 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dan Roswald wrote:
LeoTheLion wrote:
Then you could have Admin Jesse and Admin James... THAT would rock.

It would be, but I think Jessy and James were grunts... I mean really, they haven't even changed their wardrobe like the rest of the company. They're kinda low men on the totem pole. :/

Sure, but say Jesse and James have been with Giovanni ever since disbandonment? I mean, their lives revolved around Rocket. No pun intended. They could get promoted to Admin for that.

~A haiku

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:37 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

LeoTheLion wrote:
Sure, but say Jesse and James have been with Giovanni ever since disbandonment? I mean, their lives revolved around Rocket. No pun intended. They could get promoted to Admin for that.

I'll give you that, but I don't think Geivanni knows they even exist anymore.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:11 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

supposing they went with the seasons idea, they could make it randomly snow in the winter, rain in the spring, be hot and sunny in the summer, and be windy with leaves drifting down randomly in the autumn. there are so many possibilities there. different pokemon appearing depending on the weather, different levels of intensity with the weather such as snowing lightly, snowing steadily, blizzard, hail, drizzling rain, raining steadily, downpouring, sunny day, hot and sunny day, really hot and sunny day (perhaps with the lil shimmering-ness from the heat) windy, really windy with leaves, lots of wind, lots of leaves. and different pokemon appear in each kind of weather. just a couple of ideas.

oh, and btw? i suggested the giovanni leading in the shadows thing. leo suggested the incognito giovanni.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:05 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Plus with the legendaries, say that one of them appears causing out-of-season weather to occur. Sounds kind of... How do I put it... Completely the same as what happened with Kyogre/Groudon. Yeah, that's it.

Plus one thing with autumn would be fog. >_> NOBODY likes fog. Oh geez. I like leaves better. And leaf based Pokemon. OH MY GOSH. BRILLIANT IDEA. There could be a Tree Pokemon that changes appearance/stats with the seasons. Or a giant tree in the middle of the region. Pokemon, please be watching this thread. : D

~A haiku

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:04 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol. in the autumn, there could be leaf traps where you can fall or get stuck or jump or whatever, into a pile of leaves, kinda like the mud traps and snow traps in Gen IV

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:07 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

LeoTheLion wrote:
Plus one thing with autumn would be fog. >_> NOBODY likes fog. Oh geez. I like leaves better. And leaf based Pokemon. OH MY GOSH. BRILLIANT IDEA. There could be a Tree Pokemon that changes appearance/stats with the seasons. Or a giant tree in the middle of the region. Pokemon, please be watching this thread. : D

Fog should be Spring too. We had a lot of fog here this spring.

Ryder wrote:
lol. in the autumn, there could be leaf traps where you can fall or get stuck or jump or whatever, into a pile of leaves, kinda like the mud traps and snow traps in Gen IV

lol. YES. :D

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:15 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

and in the spring where there is rain and fog, there will be bouncy flowers that you can bounce off of, and waterfall slides that you can go down but its one way, like ledges. and certain parts of this huge region are season exclusive, meaning you cant go to all the region in one season. for all those people who complain that after they fill the pokedex and beat the elite four, they have nothing to do, now they can explore the rest of this HUGE region (optional, of course :D )

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:22 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ryder wrote:
and in the spring where there is rain and fog, there will be bouncy flowers that you can bounce off of, and waterfall slides that you can go down but its one way, like ledges. and certain parts of this huge region are season exclusive, meaning you cant go to all the region in one season. for all those people who complain that after they fill the pokedex and beat the elite four, they have nothing to do, now they can explore the rest of this HUGE region (optional, of course :D )

I like the idea of optional areas. IV needed a lot more of that (can you feel the love?). DPP got so boring so fast. :(

~A haiku

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:27 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

and of course winter would have snow traps and snow slides, and icy ponds to skate across, and perhaps if there was a rapids area where the water was moving to quickly to surf, in the winter it would freeze and you could skate across to get to the hidden area over there. :D

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

OK, so the seasons thing is a BRILLIANT idea, but time would have to move much more quickly than it does in the real world.
No one wants to wait an entire nine months before they can actually explore everything. Interest would be lost too quickly.
Plus, everyone would just cheat and change the dates in the DS anyway.

Maybe every week or two is a different season?
Or maybe the whole point of the game is that the seasons are out of whack, so every day there's a different, randomly selected season?

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:18 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Spoinkable wrote:
OK, so the seasons thing is a BRILLIANT idea
*bows* thank you, thank you, your too kind. XD
ahem, anyways i would think if they did seasons, it would be a weekly rotation kind of thing, if they made the whole season thing out of whack, it would be too similar to Gen III. of course, i suppose its possible and all if they made it more original than just an exact copy of Gen III.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:22 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
OK, so the seasons thing is a BRILLIANT idea

Yes, yes, this very much...I like it better then the other idea that was fantastic...I'm not talking about any of mine...

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol, hmm. i need more ideas......how about more areas that always have the same weather, they arent affected by seasons, such as volcanoes, deserts, etc.?

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:27 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryder wrote:
lol, hmm. i need more ideas......how about more areas that always have the same weather, they arent affected by seasons, such as volcanoes, deserts, etc.?

lol...of course, of course...

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Where Chandelure stores the souls it burns for fuel! Mwahahahaha
Don't judge me, I know its stupid, but what about past and future.

Meh, I don't know

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next