It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Yellow Forest available on WiFi April 1st 
Lite Four
Lite Four

For those of you who own the American versions of HeartGold & SoulSilver, Yellow Forest will be available on WiFi on April 1st. It's a special forest where you can catch male Pikachus that know Fly and female ones that know Surf. The article is here.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:19 am
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
This is fantastic & I heard about this yesterday on the internet somewhere...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:29 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

As I don't have my copy of SoulSilver yet (c'mon Amazon.com! :)) I was just wondering, is it true that you don't have to activate the Mystery Gift option on HGSS, it's already on the start-up menu?

Also, since I haven't started HGSS yet, any word on how receiving a PokeWalker route is going to work exactly? o_O

Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:17 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I dont understand how this will work, will you receive it on your pokewalker, or in the game? And, if in the game, how do you receive an area?

Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:08 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Rybo wrote:
As I don't have my copy of SoulSilver yet (c'mon Amazon.com! :)) I was just wondering, is it true that you don't have to activate the Mystery Gift option on HGSS, it's already on the start-up menu?

Also, since I haven't started HGSS yet, any word on how receiving a PokeWalker route is going to work exactly? o_O

to the first portion of this...Yes it is already unlocked...once you recieve the Pokedex that is...

to the second portion of this...I don't know but I do know that Pokewalker courses aren't unlocked on the Pokewalker but on the connect to Pokewalker screen of the game your Pokewalker connects to...so you probably download the Wonder Card via Mystery Gift to game & then it unlocks it immediately once you go to the Pokewalker screen & or connect your Pokewalker to the game again...someone please either confirm this or tell us how somehow...meh... -_-

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:09 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ooh. i wonder if you can breed these moves onto pichus? *blinks* that would be AWESOME!!! XD.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:34 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoiler Alert!

You Aren't!...

I do dislike one thing about this event & that's that it's happening from the 1st & going on all month though!...why all month & not two events 15 or so days a piece... ( ,- __ ,- ) ...

Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:13 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Spoiler Alert!

You Aren't!...

I do dislike one thing about this event & that's that it's happening from the 1st & going on all month though!...why all month & not two events 15 or so days a piece... ( ,- __ ,- ) ...

This makes me suspicious of the conditions you need to meet to access the event, ie, unlocking certain ingame content to access the downloadable content. Which could suck, since I leave the country on the 6th! Aieeee... :)

Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:44 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Rybo wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
Spoiler Alert!

You Aren't!...

This makes me suspicious of the conditions you need to meet to access the event, ie, unlocking certain ingame content to access the downloadable content. Which could suck, since I leave the country on the 6th! Aieeee... :)

umm the only things you need to do to access this event is;

1. Get the PokeDex from Prof. Oak ingame...

2. Connect your Pokewalker to your pokemon game by transfering a pokemon to it (this should not be a problem!...under no curcumstances...)...

3. PROFIT?!

in other words, there are no real requirements to get this Event since it's just a PokeWalker course which is just unlocked for selection via your HGSS Cartridge once the Wonder Card I guess is downloaded via Mystery Gift (Mystery Gift which is unlocked when 1. is achieved...see?...)...

& I was talking to Ryder...nothing more...

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:16 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

im not? huh. anyways, so i connect to wifi from my ds in a hotspot, dont gotta go to a gamestop or anything?

Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:17 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryder wrote:
im not? huh. anyways, so i connect to wifi from my ds in a hotspot, dont gotta go to a gamestop or anything?

Exactly...since it's being distributed via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection which is like the Platinum Wi-Fi Events...which can be done from your living room couch if desired or even in the middle of on going traffic...as long as you are in the right...Country...see?...

Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

When I first read this article I was a bit confused, a pikachu using fly? *giggles* not possible but I looked at the pic advertisement for the yellow park and there are pikachu's flying up by ballons, silly how that would work in battle but I guess it's possible.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:57 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Pikachu knows fly? Best concept ever!!! I wonder if you can then breed that pikachu to have a pichu that knows fly. That'd be even more fantastic.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:18 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Katasa wrote:
Pikachu knows fly? Best concept ever!!! I wonder if you can then breed that pikachu to have a pichu that knows fly. That'd be even more fantastic.

hey...I just answered this question...no...

Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Ryder wrote:

Exactly...since it's being distributed via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection which is like the Platinum Wi-Fi Events...which can be done from your living room couch if desired or even in the middle of on going traffic...as long as you are in the right...Country...see?...

Ok. thanks. i thought it was funny that i couldnt get the event pichu straight to my heart gold with the wi-fi thing. :S

and to this person:
Lass-Momoi wrote:
When I first read this article I was a bit confused, a pikachu using fly? *giggles* not possible but I looked at the pic advertisement for the yellow park and there are pikachu's flying up by ballons, silly how that would work in battle but I guess it's possible.
its about as logical as a mouse that shoots lightning bolts, or ppl controlling god-like creatures such as arceus, palkia, dialga, kyogre, groudon, rayquaza. rofl. just sayin', not intending to troll or anything.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:48 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:

Actually, I found out recently (though to be confirmed) that Australia operates on the same server as the States (or, at very least, has synchronized events...?). So, some different countries are okay. Thankfully for me. :)

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:52 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Rybo wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:

Actually, I found out recently (though to be confirmed) that Australia operates on the same server as the States (or, at very least, has synchronized events...?). So, some different countries are okay. Thankfully for me. :)

yeah...somewhere in this forum's "Sinjoh Ruins" this was mentioned already...so fantastic news there...meh...

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:01 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

You don't know that. I'd like to believe that there is a possibility of a badarse surfie / ballooning Pikachu.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:31 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Rybo wrote:

yeah...somewhere in this forum's "Sinjoh Ruins" this was mentioned already...so fantastic news there...meh...

lol, your apathy is awe inspiring. People will write books of it one day. Though they'll probably be short, and fairly analytical. More of a clinical psychology pamphlet, possibly? :)

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:42 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Rybo wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
Rybo wrote:

lol, your apathy is awe inspiring. People will write books of it one day. Though they'll probably be short, and fairly analytical. More of a clinical psychology pamphlet, possibly? :)

lol...you made me look up the word Apathy in a dictionary & with that knowledge, I now say this...
I am interested in this topic...just have a very sarcastic way of speaking which...yeah, so...meh...

...I just notice that the Surfing Pikachu is female only meaning breeding would be a no go anyway...on the other hand, the Flying Pikachu is male only but due to Pichu not being able to learn Fly itself...no dice there either...I am hoping that this will be a special case with it being able to learn the move only if breeded with the respective Pikachu...but not likely...meh...

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yay, a surfing pika! thats legit! XD and dont forget about the pika that flies up high with balloons and zaps its foes with lightning from above. i shall nickname him Zeus as soon as i get it in my pokewalker. incidentally, there's no timer for this is there? like the yellow forest being deleted from your pokewalker after a month or so? or can you get a theoretically unlimited amount of flying/surfing pikas?

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:51 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryder wrote:
Yay, a surfing pika! thats legit! XD and dont forget about the pika that flies up high with balloons and zaps its foes with lightning from above. i shall nickname him Zeus as soon as i get it in my pokewalker. incidentally, there's no timer for this is there? like the yellow forest being deleted from your pokewalker after a month or so? or can you get a theoretically unlimited amount of flying/surfing pikas?

If your asking if you can keep the Pokewalker couse Yellow Forest from this event as long as you want, then of course you can...just like any other Event Pokemon or Pokewalker course unlocked from any Event Pokemon...I'm not sure about this in the case of starting your game file over though...& yes you can catch as many of these ""Special Pikachu"" as you want as long as you pay for it...

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Okay, thanks. do you know if you will be able to trade or GTS these special pikachus?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:18 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Ryder wrote:
Okay, thanks. do you know if you will be able to trade or GTS these special pikachus?

I believe that you will be able to. Surf and Fly are moves that are readily available in DPP, so I don't see any reason you couldn't. Version exclusives are usually things like alternate forms (ie, Origin form Giratina can't go to DP, Sky form Shaymin can't go to DP, Spiky-Eared Pichu can't go to DPP). As far as I know... o.o

The only problem with GTS'ing them would be that other people couldn't see that the Pikachu had Surf or Fly, and so wouldn't know that they were special... unless that's changed with the Platinum/HGSS GTS system? (haven't made it that far yet :))

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I actually meant will the GTS consider them legit, or hacked, because pikachu normally cant learn fly or surf. :S

Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next