It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 The Pokewalker 

Is it as good as you thought it would be?
Better - I'm gaining levels and items like no tomorrow 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
About what was planned 18%  18%  [ 3 ]
Not what I was expecting, but still use it 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
So bad, not using at all 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 17

The Pokewalker 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

So, I guess..a Pokewalker thread!

I expected it to be like the daycare, where every step you took would give 1 EXP (it does) but also has unlimited level gains.
I walked around for 2 days with a level 2 Spearow, only to find that it gained 1 level, with 10K steps (the subways broke down one morning and I had to walk ~15 blocks to get home).

What else....oh, my {mareep} grew in levels. But, as I wanted to take on Faulkner, I realized it was level 13 - without Thundershock! I was like "wtf?" because it should have learned it at Level 10. So, new moves aren't gained - thats bad :( and thats the only offensive elecrtric move until Discharge at level 28 or 32.

I'm very pissed :(

What does everyone think of theirs? Any stories of things you found, or pokemon you caught? I didn't even attempt for Doduo, though I really should have.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Definately not dimension 12. No, you don't know about that one yet.
I eventually decided to not use it. It just doesn't seem right, having certain pokemon before you'd normally find them. I guess I'm just weird like that.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I walked the dog everyday to build it up, then i realized that for every step I take the dog took like 3, so I clipped it to the dogs collar and left one in my pocket, sure enough the dogs registered 14000 while mine was only 5600, I also clipped to my cats collar for an hour an It even measure its steps (about 530, Its a cat so it just naps most of the time)! Oddly shaking in your hand doesn't work at all.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't walk much, so I give it to my friend, who walks miles, everyday. I don't use it much, but then again, I haven't walked since I got SS.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:59 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Well I don't walk much either since I got SS...but I usually take it with me when I go cook or get something from somewhere & I get an average of around 500 steps each trip & I also know how to generate steps without walking seeing as I know how exactly it generates steps...so I just wave it up & down & it generates steps faster then moving it in a circular motion or walking even in my case...it's to the point where I just wave it in the up down motion even when I'm already walking & I get a good amount of Watts doing this...

In Short, it's better then I though it would be...I can't possibly go broke ingame because of it...& I have the Dowsing Machine & PokeRadar things down packed...this is a very useful tool for me...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I got mad when I found out I walked about a mile and my dunsparce only gained 1 level. Now I'm stuck with a level 7 dunsparce. {dunsparce}

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:37 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Steel_Eel wrote:
I got mad when I found out I walked about a mile and my dunsparce only gained 1 level. Now I'm stuck with a level 7 dunsparce. {dunsparce}

Well I solved that problem by just putting my pokemon in & out of the pokewalker after every so amount of steps it took or after I got 3 pokemon & 3 items...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:52 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Lawence Codye wrote:
Steel_Eel wrote:

Well I solved that problem by just putting my pokemon in & out of the pokewalker after every so amount of steps it took or after I got 3 pokemon & 3 items...

same here, i did that from the beginning because i knew that you could only gain 1 level

Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i uses it alot i use it most in school and since each of my classes are on the opposite side of school i would usually rack in about 7000 steps and after i walk the dog and exercis (sometimes) i end up with about 20000. too bad all of my pokemon are about 50 and only require about 7000 to 10000 steps to lvl. im over it tho haha

Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:14 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

tomo123123 wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
Steel_Eel wrote:

same here, i did that from the beginning because i knew that you could only gain 1 level

I knew they only gained 1 level too...this piece of info was kind spammed upon me early...

Oh & I see what "Peanut-Lover" meant, my Togepi didn't learn Metronome at lv. 6 like it was suppose to cause of this PokeWalker...

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Can someone help me, My pokewalker isn't working right. It won't connect to my DS.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i usually set it down on a desk or table or something, with the sensors facing each other, about 3 inches apart. when i hold it in my hands, it disconnects, lol. what are you doing?

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I put my lvl 15 abra into my Pokewalker, and when it came out it was lvl 16..... but with no confusion so I had to train it all the way to lvl 24 just so it could learn Psybeam...... not fun. But on the up side I found a magby and a Kangkshan in the pokewalker :)

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:02 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ryder wrote:
i usually set it down on a desk or table or something, with the sensors facing each other, about 3 inches apart. when i hold it in my hands, it disconnects, lol. what are you doing?

Exactly that, It wont connect. The Pokewalker says "Connecting..." for like 1 and a hlaf seconds, then says "No Trainer Found". I've tried everything, and done so for an hour or two. Nothing is working.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

/vXv\ wrote:
Oddly shaking in your hand doesn't work at all.
lol. you cant shake it hard and fast. you have to shake it, preferably up and down, smoothly and at an even pace. you cant just shake it wildly. :/ it has to be as if you were walking. or running. or jogging. okie, i'll shut up now, i think you get the idea. XD
Ryanh181 wrote:
Ryder wrote:

Exactly that, It wont connect. The Pokewalker says "Connecting..." for like 1 and a hlaf seconds, then says "No Trainer Found". I've tried everything, and done so for an hour or two. Nothing is working.
huh. i dunno then. sorry i cant help... :(

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

No need. I just found out you can only return from a stroll on the DS you used to go on the stroll. I used my brother's DS to put Slowpoke on the damn thing.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:35 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Oh & for those who don't know this...the PokeWalker has to be pointed directly at the Pokemon Game Cartridge to connect to it at all...this is just for Infomational purposes...I'm not responding to anything here alright?...

Anywho, my favorite course on the PokeWalker so far is the Night Sky's Edge...it's a Gold Mine for real...

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]