It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Movie Review: Millions 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Millions" is the charming tale of a British family of three: a widowed father and his two young sons. The mother has just passed away and the family is moving into a new house to get away from painful memories. Upon moving in, the youngest boy is exploring the backyard and finds that it backs up to a railroad. So, doing what any boy his age would do, he gathers cardboard boxes and builds a house right next to it. When a train goes by, the house shakes violently, and the boy pretends he's in a spaceship, or however the mood strikes him.

One day, sitting in his cardboard house, a train passes by, and from out of it flies a black duffel bag, which collides into his house and knocks it over. The boy inspects it and finds that it is full of money. The boy runs to find his older brother, who insists that they need to either invest the money, or spend it all straight away, because in a few days, the EU is coverting over to Euros and it'll all be useless. The younger boy insists that they should use the money to help people.

Some interesting conflicts involve someone who is trying to intimidate the boy into giving him the money (from out of this, we eventually discover where the money came from) and a new love interest for the father.

Overall, a very good movie. All the British accents threw me for a loop at first, but once you get used to it, it's a very entertaining movie. But don't take your siblings who are under the age of seven, as there are some scary moments that would have made my little sister pee her pants had she been there.

Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]